Other The Genius Forum Game - Over - Congratulations Blazade

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ButteredToast, Shaka Brah, Isa, Lightwolf, askaninjask, BLINGAS, internet, and Blazade all score 0 points for playing the most common card.

Since GeneralSpoon received a card swap and did not score 0, I will PM him his score. idiotfrommars, U-turn out, Da Letter El, and thetwinmasters all scored the card you sent.

It is now Playing Phase 4. The phase ends on 1/24/16 at 3 PM EST.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi all; I got a 3 from lightwolf (who lied and didnt play it cycle 1) and am playing it. If you desperately want to steal a 3 from me, feel free, but there are probably better theft targets!

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
It is now Card Swap Phase 4. The phase will end no sooner than 1/25/16 at 3 PM EST, but will be extended if people use card swaps as described in the rules earlier.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
u-turn out is the only one with a swap left and he told me he wouldnt use it so i'll update now

idiotfrommars, General Spoon, Lightwolf, Da Letter El, thetwinmasters, and Blazade all get 0 in round 4.

I'll tell askaninjask and Isa their scores since they received a swapped card.

deadline for round 5 is 7 PM EST on 1/26/16. you dont have to send unless you are trading or something

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Round 5: U-turn Out, Blazade, Isa, and Generalspoon score 0. Everyone else scores what they sent.

Final results:

U-Turn Out: 13
internet: 10
Da Letter El: 9
Thetwinmasters: 9
LightWolf: 8
idiotfrommars: 7
ButteredToast: 7
askaninjask: 7
BLINGAS: 7
Shaka Brah: 5
Isa: 5
General Spoon: 4
Blazade: 2

U-Turn Out Pick someone to give a token of life, they will be unable to be picked for the death match.

Blazade Let me know who you want to take to the death match. If you PM me 2 choices, I can update depending on who U-Turn Out picks.

Garnets:

U-Turn Out and internet gain 2 garnets
Da Letter El, Thetwinmasters, Lightwolf, idiotfrommars, ButteredToast, askaninjask, BLINGAS, Shaka Brah, and Isa gain 1 garnet.

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Once the death match players are decided, let me know if you both want to do it on irc or on the forums. irc is preferred but its understandable if you don't want to. if you want irc, try to schedule a time and let me know

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Blazade told me that he wanted to pick @Isa for the deathmatch.

This rounds Death Match will be called Unlucky 13. Who will be the unlucky person to end in 13th place?

Each player will start the game with 5 cards, one of each number from 0 to 4.

Players will alternate playing cards face-down in any open slot from slot #1 to slot #10, by PMing "Play Card # in Slot #" when it is their turn. The starting player will be the player who lost the main match.

Once, before 7 cards are played, each player will be allowed to peek at any card that has been played, by posting "Peek at Slot #" in the thread.

Once all cards are played, each player will have the opportunity to swap the placement of two cards, by posting "Swap Slot # and Slot #" in the thread. The player who played the first card will have the first opportunity to swap. If you do not wish to swap, you may post "No Swap".

Once all cards are in their final positions, the cards will be revealed. The numbers will be added together, starting from slot 1. The player whose card causes the sum to be greater than or equal to 13 will be the loser.

Both players have indicated they want to play it on IRC, please try to get a time scheduled. You can strategize until then.

EDIT: they scheduled it for 4 PM EST on 1/28

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
(Death Match should be taking place in 40 minutes)

I've created the IRC channel #GeniusDM for hosting the IRC death matches. It is locked to mute all uses who don't have voice, and I will only give temporary voice to the competitors during their Death Match. This means that spectators can watch but can't talk in the channel (feel free to chat in #geniusgame though). This is to keep the logs clean for when I post them in this thread for the people who were not online to watch.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Log (some unimportant stuff deleted):

Jan 28 18:03:42 <zorbees> Slots: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Jan 28 18:03:55 <zorbees> Slots: B _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Jan 28 18:04:00 <zorbees> Isa's turn
Jan 28 18:05:18 <zorbees> Slots: B _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I
Jan 28 18:05:23 <zorbees> Blazade's turn
Jan 28 18:05:52 <zorbees> Slots: B _ _ _ _ _ _ _ B I
Jan 28 18:06:09 <zorbees> Isa's turn
Jan 28 18:06:31 <zorbees> Slots: B _ I _ _ _ _ _ B I
Jan 28 18:06:35 <zorbees> Blazade's turn
Jan 28 18:07:32 <zorbees> Slots: B B I _ _ _ _ _ B I
Jan 28 18:07:37 <zorbees> Isa's turn
Jan 28 18:08:08 <Isa> peek at slot 9
Jan 28 18:09:08 <zorbees> Slots: B B I I _ _ _ _ B I
Jan 28 18:09:12 <zorbees> Blazade's turn
Jan 28 18:09:33 <Blazade> peek at slot 10
Jan 28 18:12:04 <zorbees> Slots: B B I I _ _ _ B B I
Jan 28 18:12:06 <zorbees> Isa's turn
Jan 28 18:12:31 <zorbees> Slots: B B I I I _ _ B B I
Jan 28 18:12:33 <zorbees> Blazade's turn
Jan 28 18:13:14 <zorbees> Slots: B B I I I B _ B B I
Jan 28 18:13:23 <zorbees> Isa puts his last card in slot 7
Jan 28 18:13:29 <zorbees> Slots: B B I I I B I B B I
Jan 28 18:13:32 <zorbees> Blazade's swap turn
Jan 28 18:13:44 <Blazade> swap slots 6 and 10
Jan 28 18:15:49 <zorbees> waiting on Isa's swap...
Jan 28 18:17:22 <Isa> do we have a timer
Jan 28 18:17:38 <zorbees> i'll give you a few minutes
Jan 28 18:17:57 <zorbees> maybe till like 6:20
Jan 28 18:18:00 <Isa> ok
Jan 28 18:19:09 <Isa> swap slot 1 and 5
Jan 28 18:19:27 <Blazade> Let's see em
Jan 28 18:19:45 <Isa> whos doing revealing
Jan 28 18:19:56 <zorbees> Slots: 1I, 3B, 3I, 2I, 1B, 4I, 0I, 0B, 2B, 4B
Jan 28 18:20:04 <Isa> damnit
Jan 28 18:20:04 <zorbees> 1+3+3+2+1+4 = 14
Jan 28 18:20:08 <zorbees> Isa is eliminated

Isa is eliminated

I'll get the next Main Match up in a bit.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
This round's main match will be called Weaponry Duels.

Each player starts the game with 11 weapon cards: 5 swords, 3 bows, 2 axes, and 1 cannon. Cards cannot be given away or traded.

Players will challenge each other to duels using their 11 weapon cards to obtain points. Each player can only duel an opponent once. To challenge another user, PM me "Challenge <user> with <weapon>". When two players challenge each other, the duel will be completed.

Scoring:
Sword vs Axe: Sword user gains 1 point
Sword vs Bow: Bow user gains 2 points
Axe vs Bow: Axe user gains 3 points
Cannon vs Sword: Cannon user gains 1 point
Cannon vs Bow: Cannon user gains 1 point
Cannon vs Axe: Axe user gains 3 points.
When both players use the same weapon, no points are gained.
Players who do not issue challenges to all of their competitors will be given a score of -1 (in other words, a last place score).

When a duel is completed, (and I am available to update), the two players will learn which weapon their opponent played as well as the result of the duel.

The player(s) with the most points at the end of the game will be the winner(s), and the player(s) with the least points will be the elimination candidate(s). Additionally, players will receive 1 garnet for every 4 points they have, rounded down.

Timetable: 7 days for the whole Main Match.

Deadline for the end of the Main Match is Thursday, 2/4/16 at 8 PM EST. I'll obviously update earlier when all actions are in. I expect all actions to be in, based on the penalty for failing to do so.

I'll be busy most of February 3rd, just as a heads up.

Current Garnet Count:

internet, Blazade, and U-Turn Out have 3 Garnets.
General Spoon has 1 Garnet.
Everyone not mentioned has 2 Garnets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)