Flying Press Logo Contest: Voting (Revised)

Which logo do you think best fits Smogon's Flying Press?

• Logo #1

Votes: 65 16.7%
  • Logo #2

Votes: 17 4.4%
  • Logo #3

Votes: 89 22.9%
  • Logo #4

Votes: 154 39.6%
  • Logo #5

Votes: 156 40.1%
  • Logo #6

Votes: 70 18.0%
  • Logo #7

Votes: 90 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Welcome to the voting stage of Smogon's Flying Press Logo Contest! We asked the artists of our community to create logos that they would most accurately represent our project, and now we need you to decide which one is the best. We accepted one submission from each artist (and decided amongst ourselves which one to include if multiple were submitted) and are now allowing voters to vote for all of their favorite logos! :toast:

Logo #1
designer's notes (interchangeable parts)

Logo #2

Logo #3

Logo #4

Logo #5

Logo #6
designer's notes (concept explanation)

Logo #7

vzxt said:
I really wish the "Smogon Purple" version of #1 was here instead of the black&white one...
Seaco said:
Also, seriously check out the submissions thread because for example #7 has a bunch of support artwork that doesn't show here and it sucks that only one logo is shown in the vote.
As you can see in both OPs, if there were multiple submissions for one user we chose our favorites to feature in the poll.

Last edited:
I particularly love the explanation behind the sixth option, as well as the monochromatic simplicity of the first one. :) Congrats to whoever wins.

Looks like #4 and #5 are winning... and I can see why. Their designs are much more cleanly-cut than all the others. Personally, though, I prefer #4... looking forward to see which one wins!

Logo 6 looks like he's about to kick me in the dick.

So I'm not a complete troll, the cleaner cut designs that embody the writing style or overall style of the webzine do well. The second was has a very cool design but doesn't tell us much, and I'm not digging the water-colour style (no offence to the artist). I'm liking ~4 a lot though. Whoever wins deserves it though, these are all cool designs.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really love the colourful logos. I was hoping to see some when I thought of the name. Hawlucha has a unique colour array, and although the monochrome logos are very nice too, it would be a shame to not see the bright colours win out.

Very surprised to see that #7 is far behind. It definitely fits the Smogon-esqe theme the best, and overall looks really fresh and appealing to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)