Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Anybody got a sample HO team with offensive m-sciz or any tips for building a good team around it? apparently its really good rn and I wanna try it

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What are good partners for Infernape?
Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Low Kick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Taunt

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast/Toxic
- Substitute/Taunt
- Hex

Ey mate, here's a nice defensive wisp core with ape. I personally don't like ape in this meta but if I did run it this the only set that id run. The second option is if u dont mind having issues with always having to double on ttar and screwing over bulky talonflames. Third option is taunt stop set ups and such.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It really depends on the set, but the offensive set specifically really likes scarftar since it can pursuit trap fast psychics as well as check talonflame, and it also really likes slow volturners since it is frail and doesn't really like switching into shit very much. For the defensive set, the lati twins appreciate infernape's ability to beat common pursuit trappers, and infernape really likes being teamed up with clefable since that beats the lati twins and can beat mega sableye, who shuts down the defensive set.

Haven't used Infernape much myself but I would imagine Dark-types are good partners for it.
Hoopa-U, for instance, breaks Mega Venusaur, Lati@s, Azumarill, Clefable, Slowbro and Quagsire.
Weavile, while weaker against Fairies, still beats the Psychic-types and can Pursuit trap them if it wants to. It also helps to break Garchomp, Hippowdon and Gliscor and can even revenge Scarf Lando-T, Tornadus-T and Thundurus-I.

Both need anti-Talonflame support though.

How viable are weather teams in OU nowadays? I haven't paid attention to the competitive scene in like a year or something, and I was really surprised to notice that Politoed was PU and not even using Drizzle in the one strategy dex moveset for it. Did I miss a Drizzle ban or something? Or did the nerf just take that much of a toll on weather teams?

How viable are weather teams in OU nowadays? I haven't paid attention to the competitive scene in like a year or something, and I was really surprised to notice that Politoed was PU and not even using Drizzle in the one strategy dex moveset for it. Did I miss a Drizzle ban or something? Or did the nerf just take that much of a toll on weather teams?
There is a Drizzle ban from UU down (Drought as well). The basics: rain is awesome, a sand core of Tyranitar and Excadrill is pretty sweet too, and full sun is not so great, although Charizard-Y is often paired with a sand core.

1. Drizzle is banned in UU and below, so that should explain the drop to PU
  2. Politoed borders on OU usage every once and a while; Rain overall is good but matchup based
  3. Excadrill-TTar Sand might be the most brainless thing in existence so Sand is fine
  4. Sun is dead as a playstyle; Char-Y abuses Sun itself however

Ive been thinking about building a tean around Mega Latias, specifically the set of Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Roost / Thunder Wave | Calm Mind. What are the EVs and nature for this set? Id assume it's at least 116 Spe to outspeed Jolly base 80s, but beyond that I have no idea what stats it wants to hit.

Last edited:
Ive been thinking about building a tean around Mega Latias, specifically the set of Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Roost / Thunder Wave | Calm Mind. What are the EVs and nature for this set? Id assume it's at least 116 Spe to outspeed Jolly base 80s, but beyond that I have no idea what stats it wants to hit.
n

Last edited:
Overall, is Taunt or WoW more common on Bulk Up Talonflame? I have a weakness to it, but one of my team has a free slot for Toxic and can take hits from it for days even after a good boost (yet lacks the offensive power to damage it with attacks) - is that a good enough option without rejiggering my entire team (which I really don't want to do, literally this Talonflame set it the only thing it's terribly weak to)? Is the set even that common?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fair enough, I'll leave it as it is and hope I don't get too many Taunt variants.
taunt+wisp is the main set on the analysis, so you probably want to have a secondary answer to it aside from toxic stalling. What mon has toxic, maybe it could run a better lure move for BU talon?

Is there any place in the forums for a meta-metagame discussion. I.e. which standard tiers are more offensive/defensive, what styles or types are dominant in each.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Is there any place in the forums for a meta-metagame discussion. I.e. which standard tiers are more offensive/defensive, what styles or types are dominant in each.
just talk about that in each tier's NP thread or metagame discussion thread for OU since we're wierd.

taunt+wisp is the main set on the analysis, so you probably want to have a secondary answer to it aside from toxic stalling. What mon has toxic, maybe it could run a better lure move for BU talon?
It's a trick room team, so it's bulky dusclops, so whilst I can run Rock Slide it's quickly eclipsed by the def boosts from bulk up. However, I do have Azu on the team, so like as not Dusclops will handle the WoW variants and Azu the taunt variants. I also have a magic bounce user, so making it Taunt itself is also an option. Overall, I feel like I have enough preparedness for it now without compromising the team, which is what I was looking for.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Now you guys probably get enough noobs asking for this but where do I go to request new suspect tests (thoughtfully of coarse :))
this is mainly done in the policy review forum, but only users with badges, or certain unbadged users (not sure how this works) can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)