ORAS OU Mega Blastoise ! The Turtle and the bunny "Balance"

:mad: Introduction:mad:

Hello Smogon community. This is my first RMT so leave suggestions on how i can improve this team. Since everyone is using the popular megas i decided to build a team around a mega pokemon that you don't see very much in the OU tier. The mega pokemon that i'm gonna be showing today is Mega Blastoise.

The Team At A Glance

The Team In Depth

Shellshocker (Blastoise-Mega) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere/Ice Beam

Mega Blastoise my rapid spinner water resist and the pokemon that i wanted to build around. The ev spread i gave it allows it to outspeed rotom-w who they run 219 speed and this ev spread also allows me to outspeed defensive landorus-t so if they think they can u-turn on me you can scald them. Dark pulse is a nice coverage cause it hits things rotom-w, manaphy and it help you deal with mega slowbro. Aura Sphere hits ofcourse steel types such Ferrothorn or you can run Ice Beam to hit stuff like Garchomp, Dragonite, Togekiss and Zygarde.

What's Up Doc? (Diggersby) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Next up we've got Diggersby. I decided i want to use diggersby cause you dont see it that much and its a ghost/electric resist. I chose the LO set cause it hits hard and you can sweep with it late game.

Akatski (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Next up we've got Weavile. I chose Weavile cause Gengar is a problem so Weavile is here to trap it and kill it and its also a nice pokemon to have on this team cause dual STAB ice and dark is really good right now.

Friendzone (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is here to trap steel types cause steel types such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Mega Metagross and Mega Scizor give diggersby a hard time.

Kirby (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

Clefable is my way of beating Mega Sableye and my Draco Meteor switch in. i decided to use a different ev spread. i decided to go with 248 hp 252 def and 8 in sp def cause i want it to take as less damage as possible from physical attackers.

Shukaku (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Last pokemon is Landorus-T. This is my Stealth Rocker, ground resist and kinda my mega charizard X check. This also gives me a nice volt-turn core between magnezone and landorus. I Also gave it 30 IVs in speed so i can get a slow u-turn against the opponents landorus. I dont need to explain very much what this does cause everyone already knows what defensive Landorus-T does.

Threath List

this thing is huge problem for me. The way i deal with it is thunder wave clefable and setup calm minds till it gets paralyzed.

I have to weaken this by setting up rocks and killing it with the combination of weavile and diggersby.​

Conclusion

This is isnt your typical standard OU team. This is a fun team it works but i cannot check every single pokemon in the game with only 6 pokemon. I would love to hear any suggestions on how to improve this team.

Importable

http://pastebin.com/KcyLhnB8

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)