Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT HAPPENED?
Azumarill tried to attack Diancie who had fainted earlier that turn. The attack was redirected onto Whimsicott, but the server didn't tell the client that the move itself now hit Whimsicott, although it did go on to tell the client that Whimsicott was damaged. I'm insufficiently familiar with the server code to know why but maybe someone else can step in and fix it.

Azumarill tried to attack Diancie who had fainted earlier that turn. The attack was redirected onto Whimsicott, but the server didn't tell the client that the move itself now hit Whimsicott, although it did go on to tell the client that Whimsicott was damaged. I'm insufficiently familiar with the server code to know why but maybe someone else can step in and fix it.
It seems like a reasonable explanation.But I think either zarel or chaos would know what had happened.

Hi, I was trying to find a Gen VI OU battle using an HP Fighting Latios-Mega, however the server prevented me saying that Latios-Mega must have 3 perfect IVs. A regular HP Fighting Latios holding a Latiosite is perfectly fine however. For some reason, if you select Latios-Mega on team builder, give it HP Fighting, and try to find a battle, it won't work. It's a very minor bug and I've found a way around it, so I'm not sure if this was the correct place to post this.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
There's been some issue lately with mobile. Users that get on mobile will tend to be "semi-locked" when they log back on due to spam by their ISP.

[23:59:49] %Zambian: Semi locked
[23:59:55] %Zambian: spam from isp
[00:00:00] %Zambian: ebery time on mobile
[00:00:47] %Zambian: idk twa but I get semi locked every time in my phone

[22:55:55] +Sir.Salty: So I came here under an alt.
[22:56:07] +Sir.Salty: I tried to type hello...
[22:56:26] +Sir.Salty: But it said that I can't talk except to staff "due to spam from my isp."
[22:57:03] A Random Duck: sounds like you were "semi-locked"

Auth were found in the heatah fajita room on PS!.

I don't know what the actual cause of this is, nor has it happened to me in particular, but it is a thing I've heard happen two times in one day already. Strange, tbh.

Last edited:
For some reason I cannot Mega Evolve any Pokémon with the Android client on my phone, the Mega Evolve tick that usually goes below the moves just isn't there. Can't post anything on phone just yet, will share replay or screenshot if requested.

For some reason I cannot Mega Evolve any Pokémon with the Android client on my phone, the Mega Evolve tick that usually goes below the moves just isn't there. Can't post anything on phone just yet, will share replay or screenshot if requested.
That is a known problem with the app. The app is a community project and not supported by Showdown though, so we don't know when it will be fixed.

if you are watching a battle/replay and click "skip turn" when a pokemon with a weather-summoning ability comes out, the weather effects don't show up in the battle/replay viewer.

and yes this affects all gens afaik

also, skip turn reloads the battle if you are a spectator, so it's really not even worth it anymore

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tripleshackmonscup-321820771

around turn 8 there seems to be a coding error with what i assume to be the animations. the error posts in chat.
I'm going to assume it was a similar case like this:
WHAT HAPPENED?
Look as Phantump tried to attack Growlithe, while Growlithe had already fainted

Last edited:
When i choose the format and click in : ''Battle ! Find a random opponent'' , it appers connecting for the eternity , but when i reload the play.pokemonshowdown.com , or close the pokemon showdown installed game and enter again , appers : OU BATTLE , and when i click appers the battle , but i can not leave , click home , close or anything else.
Also , in Pokemon Showdown app , it doesn't appers the little box to mega evolve the pokémons .

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scenario: Zoroark out, casting an illusion of Simisage, both know Nasty Plot. When I use Nasty Plot on Zoroark, the hover info of Simisage shows that its Nasty Plot PP decremented. Actual PP decrement behaviour is correct however.

I just noticed that in at least gen 3, the mouseover for pokemon doesn't show pressure's effect. It shows 1 pp deducted when it should show two deducted.

The pp is deducted correctly, so this is just a visual glitch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60vajzkp5hbrf3j/opponent pressure view.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfujr43wwmp29b3/own pressure view.png?dl=0
Pressure is not "announced" in gen 3 so a spectator hovering over shouldn't be able to tell if 1 or 2 pp were dropped. This is mostly irrelevant since I dont think any pokemon has other abilities outisde of pressure in the generation but still it isn't confirmed. Not a bug

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Aerodactyl actually has it alongside Rock Head. If it's not running Double Edge fsr it gets more mileage out of Pressure so yeah.

Reactions: g

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The team builder seems to think Mold Breaker is illegal on Haxorus, but when I give it Mold Breaker and click the "validate" button it says the team is fine.

Mold Breaker doesn't appear under its abilities.

When I search for Mold Breaker, the teambuilder says it's illegal.

But the validate button says it's fine.

Encountered a graphical error on Showdown Today in this Match right after using Dragon Ascent involving a fainted ragepowder user that was previously targeted with that move. The error can be recreated when watching the replay from my perspective, but can also be seen in the image below:

Bug.PNG

Encountered a visual bug that occured when facing a mon with the Pressure ability: when I played this RandBat game, after using Earthquake with my Avalugg a couple of times against some mons and opposing Deoxys-D, it shows that Avalugg has -1/16 Earthquake left (which would be the result of clicking Earthquake an odd amount of times against other mons than Deoxys-D and the rest against the latter), which is obviously incorrect (I don't have a screenshot of it, sorry :( ).

Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be or not, but in the same replay, my Avalugg used Recover four times while facing Deoxys-D and doing so only used 4 PP despite of Deo-D's Pressure.

Encountered a visual bug that occured when facing a mon with the Pressure ability: when I played this RandBat game, after using Earthquake with my Avalugg a couple of times against some mons and opposing Deoxys-D, it shows that Avalugg has -1/16 Earthquake left (which would be the result of clicking Earthquake an odd amount of times against other mons than Deoxys-D and the rest against the latter), which is obviously incorrect (I don't have a screenshot of it, sorry :( ).

Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be or not, but in the same replay, my Avalugg used Recover four times while facing Deoxys-D and doing so only used 4 PP despite of Deo-D's Pressure.
The only turn you used Avalugg's Earthquake on a mon other than Deo-D was Turn 28 vs Registeel. So -1 PP would be right value visually(even if you can't actually have -1 use of a move). Also, Pressure only affects moves that target the mon that has Pressure. So moves such as Recover only lose 1 PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)