Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you only recieve the Cosplay Pikachu in Slateport?

I dont want to reset it but am trying to get as many ribbons as I can on Porygon in my rerun of ORAS. Was wondering if I head up to Ventandurf can I start rising the ranks with ease to eventually get all the ribbons while being able to possibly skip Pikachu?
You can skip slateport's contest for the purpose of resetting pikachu, but you can't start with the second level of contests if I'm not mistaken. You'll need to do slate port before you can start getting the other contest ribbons

I dont want to reset it but am trying to get as many ribbons as I can on Porygon in my rerun of ORAS. Was wondering if I head up to Ventandurf can I start rising the ranks with ease to eventually get all the ribbons while being able to possibly skip Pikachu?
You'll receive the Pikachu after your first contest, regardless of where it takes place.

In my opinion, it is better to do the contest post-game . You need max contest points to win against Master Rank, especially if Lisa is also in the contest. Chad and Wallace are easy to win in Contest.

Which is the better method to use to get a good Careful Mew - RNGing the WonderCard in HG/SS, or SRing the upcoming WonderCard in X/Y/OR/AS? The problem with both is that the nature is random.

I'm currently trying to RNG it in HG/SS, and on the times that I've been lucky enough to hit my seed, I've gotten just about every nature (and many multiple times) except Careful. I'm wondering if I should give up and wait for the X/Y/OR/AS WonderCard...

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
Which is the better method to use to get a good Careful Mew - RNGing the WonderCard in HG/SS, or SRing the upcoming WonderCard in X/Y/OR/AS? The problem with both is that the nature is random.

I'm currently trying to RNG it in HG/SS, and on the times that I've been lucky enough to hit my seed, I've gotten just about every nature (and many multiple times) except Careful. I'm wondering if I should give up and wait for the X/Y/OR/AS WonderCard...
Soft resetting it in XYORAS might be easier/less tedious since it would take a lot less effort compared to RNG abuse. You could even SR while doing something else so it's not so much work as it is relaxation. I think it really depends on what you want the Mew for. If you want it for personal use I'd recommend just waiting until February 1 and resetting the wonder card. If you want optimal trade value go for RNG abuse.

RNG abuse , you get 1/25 chance of hitting your desire nature and you guarantee to get 5iv of your choice ( or 6 iv) .

SR on a wondercard is MORE tedious .

Mew is so balance that all ivs need to be 31 .

Defog is cool but you don't need to run it . For me Taunt is better than Defog

So something like

Taunt/Will o wisp/ knock off / a recovery move ( roost, recover)

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

Definitely RNGing, you can also get Defog Mew that way, which as far as I have seen is fairly crucial to Mew's playstyle

Oh, Its because I have powersaves and while I cannot get one myself, if I do get one I can change its IVs, nature, and EVs
Ya know, hacks and hacking is banned here.
Trading hacks is banned here. That's to my knowledge at least. If he wants to hack the pokemon for the sake of battling and NOT for trading then there should be no problem. That being said though if he were to battle someone on the site depending on where he posts he should mention that he uses hacks on the site.

unrelated question: I have two nintendo 3ds and a 16 gigabyte memory card. One of the systems is factory reset. If I plug in my second sd card to the factory reset 3ds it should start up with the save data on the sd card. Correct?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Trading hacks is banned here. That's to my knowledge at least. If he wants to hack the pokemon for the sake of battling and NOT for trading then there should be no problem. That being said though if he were to battle someone on the site depending on where he posts he should mention that he uses hacks on the site.
Yup, you've got it right.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Ya know, hacks and hacking is banned here.
Give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not his fault that other people were nosy and asked him why he wanted a Clefairy anyway, no need to jump out of the woodwork and lecture him for simply mentioning "editing"...

On a related note I do feel somewhat annoyed when people ask for X mons with no competitive EVs in here. I mean it's quite obvious it is for modding EVs, don't think it should be asked here where we are all about legit/legal stuff. Dunno what the mods stance on those requests is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)