Smogon Premier League: Doubles discussion

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I think scarf kyube is so popular so far as a way to quickly remove Lando-T and Mega Diancie when the opp might think they have the advantage. There have been some other really interesting sets that I hadn't seen before have also come out of people trying to out-innovate their opp with working creativity. Iron Tail Weavile, Mental Herb Amoonguss, Sky Drop Mew, Life Orb Sub Aegislash, Scarf Mold Breaker Excadrill, and Tangrowth of all things have already made an appearance and it's only week 3!
yea and most of these have fucking sucked ass lol, theres a reason standard is standard. i mean i worked on totem's week 1 and qsns's week 2 teams so i definitely am not anti-innovation (and have more surprises in store for the future), but u gotta know the good from the bad. and honestly even in the case of qsns's team it was pretty far from optimized, but mence is good as fuck so he carried anyways

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Don't use Iron Tail Weavile ffs... on the subject of bad lures, there's very little point to a lure that fails a quarter of the time, imo. If you're gonna lure it, you'd better hit. No one would use EQ Latios in OU if EQ had 75% accuracy, and you shouldn't use Iron Tail here if you have another option. Use 95% accurate Metal Claw, which conveniently still does:

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Metal Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 250-296 (103.7 - 122.8%)

It's not like you're using that Steel move for much of anything but Diancie. You're generally better off using Knock Off on Azu and Kyu-B anyway. The only things you're using Iron Tail for are Gard... but Knock does a solid 70% there, and Sylveon, who should live anyway if it's EVed well (and is rare at top level).

ps Scarf Exca is a cute mon that I approve of

ORAS Doubles: BLOOD TOTEM vs qsns - I'm really just gonna predict rei to win every game
ORAS Doubles: Lohgock vs n1n1 - n1n1 is taking Braverius' slot tbh
ORAS Doubles: Biosci vs KyleCole - biosci lost to check lol
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs checkmater75 - check always beats arctic :c
ORAS Doubles: TheFourthChaser vs Laga - TFC!

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
Didn't even know this thread existed! Let's recap my week 2 set:

Laga vs Braverius - who are these ppl
gotta wonder

Laga vs Braverius - This game feels like it's going to get really ugly to me
bingo

[BIGS] Laga vs Braverius [WOLF] who vs who??? I expect Braverius to bring terracott, mew+kang/azu, or some other annoying tact that you see around the 1300 ladder and laga to not know what to do
the annoying 1300 ladder tact that laga did not know what to do about was indeed present: his own lightningrod rhydon

Ok I've had enough fun, moving forward~

Fresh off of losing a bo3 bo3 to n1n1, predictor of Braverius Terracotts, I think I feel ready to get it completely handed to me this week

Should be a fun set, looking forward to it Lohgock!

I also want to be clear that I won't unsarcastically pop off on anyone as I did this week - I have no animosity toward anyone else down the stretch and am really looking forward to the rest of the season. I didn't even want to do it in this matchup entering the year and gave initial benefit of the doubt but some things apparently never change.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Thank you Biosci for letting us all know that TR Sunny Day Bronzong is the way to beat KyleCole rain, and finally breaking that team's undefeated streak.

Kyle, nothing personal but from all of us in the Doubles community: FINALLY ......grats on that streak though

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
I built at least 4 tr teams that I feel are spl ready, if anyone wants them pm me, seeing as how I'm never going to fucking use them

Stratos

Banned deucer.
theyre still recreating it for the 1000th time but it was a mega latias team, except it had 1 sylveon check

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you're really gonna tag me like that when you couldn't handle my post last week and deleted it....

I mean "lol"

But anyway I approve of Mega Aero and Volcarona and I certainly don't approve of triple tailwind

Bughouse

It's ok :) I wasn't trying to insult you, check. You have a serious victim complex if that's what you got out of my post.

I shit on Arctic and Stratos way more than I shit on anyone else on Smogon but you don't see them constantly complaining about it.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
this week's matches :)
I'll post some post-game thoughts later maybe

checkmater75 vs BLINGAS
qsns vs KyleCole
kamikaze17 vs Arcticblast
TheFourthChaser vs Biosci
Braverius vs BLOOD TOTEM

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
WTF did laga just bring, that was the most garbdix-ass team ive ever seen
that's why you snatch that ass!

(also yes i seriously had snatch on that rotom i brought vs laga because i wanted a surefire way to stop that cheese)

also how many DOU players will actually play 9 games this year? feels like a lot of alternating so far and potentially some shakeups at midseason

checkmater75 vs BLINGAS - BLINGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
qsns vs KyleCole - KyleCole is not prepared for qsns teams
kamikaze17 vs Arcticblast - has kami won a game yet? hopefully he can destroy arctic so that he has
TheFourthChaser vs Biosci - biosci let check destroy him with a +6 azumarill and a kangaskhan rof
Braverius vs BLOOD TOTEM - still predicting totem to win every match

checkmater75 vs BLINGAS - inb4 quadruple tailwind
qsns vs KyleCole - KyleCole is prepared for qsns teams
kamikaze17 vs Arcticblast - Arctic is going to bring ferro + 5 tailwind checks
TheFourthChaser vs Biosci - Whoever brings more jirachi checks will win
Braverius vs BLOOD TOTEM - Motivated Totem is just too good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)