Gen 4 Peace and Love (On Planet Earth) (Gen 4 UU Team Peaked #1)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Peace and Love (On the Planet Earth).jpg

Introduction
Welcome everybody to my newest RMT! If you didn't know, while I do mostly play Gen 6, one day I decided to take a step back and play some older gen tiers, starting with Gen 4 UU. Gen 4 UU is an isanely fun tier to play, and has become one of favorites as well! I've built a good amount of teams for that tier, most of them having good success within the ladder and other battles, and with all the DPP UU tournaments going on right now, I feel like it's the best time to showcase one of the best teams I've built for Gen 4 UU, one that's gotten me lots of wins and along with my Wallbreaker Clefable team posted on the RoA Sample Teams Thread, got me to peak at the top of the Gen 4 UU ladder for a while, and although I believe I'm #6 on that ladder now (It's dead sometimes, though.), Gen 4 UU is still a blast to play and I hope you enjoy this team!

257 (1).png
I started off building around Swords Dance Blaziken, a set that I found in it's Gen 4 analysis that seemed pretty cool to me as a wallbreaker or potential sweeper that could set up on the switches it forced or on passive stuff. It's a monstorous set against slower, bulky teams as basically something's dying if it sets up.
257 (1).png
003 (1).png
350 (1).png
I added an offensive VenuTic core to complete the offensive FWG core and also check a lot of things for Blaziken, like Grass, Fighting, Water, and Fire types.
464 (1).png
257 (1).png
003 (1).png
350 (1).png
Rhyperior was chosen to set up Stealth Rock for the team and check Steel, Flying, Fire, and Electric types. It was also chosen as my lead when the team was completed as it seemed like the only rational one I had, it also has a decent matchup against some leads, such as Steelix and Absol.
464 (1).png
257 (1).png
003 (1).png
350 (1).png
359 (1).png
Absol was chosen as another set-up mon with Swords Dance, and also added an offensive check to Ghost and Psychic types. SD Absol has grown to be one of my favorite sets to use in DPP UU, as it busts through unprepared teams very easily and has enough power to break through almost any wall. It also forms a great offensive core with Blaziken as they both appreciate the wallbreaking power they provide.
464 (1).png
257 (1).png
003 (1).png
350 (1).png
359 (1).png
065 (1).png
I was sort of stuck for the last slot at first, but upon closer inspection of the team, it was pretty slow and needed an additional check to Fighting-types. Alakazam was the perfect choice, as it's 120 Speed lets it have great matchups against offensive teams and added another late-game cleaner.

The Team!!!

THE HORN (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Rhyperior was chosen as the lead for my team, and performs an important role in setting up the essential Stealth Rock for my team, and checking a myriad of threats, including Flying types like Swellow, Fire types like Arcanine, and Steel types like Registeel. That's the reason why I didn't use a dedicated suicide lead like Omastar for my team, because the role Rhyperior plays outside of the lead role is so important he was needed. The EV spread is pretty standard for Rhyperior, and the moveset is also standard, getting Rhyperior the amazing EdgeQuake coverage along with Megahorn to hit Psychic and Grass types.

257 (1).png
257 (1).png

Savagery (Blaziken) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Attack

Here is the monster, the man himself, Swords Dance Blaziken. This is what I built the team around, and it's definetely one of my favorite sets to use in DPP UU. SD Blaziken is one of the best wallbreakers around, as it basically OHKOs every wall in the tier bar Slowbro and Altaria. (Altaria dies to Superpower / Flare Blitz after Stealth Rock however) As I stated in the Teambuilding Process, this set is a nightmare for bulkier, slower teams as they're pretty passive or are weak to Blaziken's STABs, which is perfect for him, as he can set up on the switches he causes or on the passive attacks. This set may have less set-up oppurtunities against offensive teams, but with proper prediction, Blaziken's power even before set up can potentially kill or cripple a threat, although his speed can be a drawback. Quick Attack is used in the last slot to pick off frail threats like Dugtrio after Rocks with SD up, and helps with his matchup against offense.

003 (1).png
003 (1).png

Flowey (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Ah, the King of Gen 4 UU himself, Venusaur helps Blaziken out with his weakness to Water types, while also checking Fighting and Grass types. Venusaur also has amazing power with Life Orb as his STAB coverage is quite powerful, and he also has utility in Sleep Powder (which hits all types in Gen 4, so don't hold back against Grass types if you have to) crippling threats for the other members or Venusaur himself to kill, and Synthesis to increase his longetivity. Also, a lot of people think of Venusaur as a slow, bulky mon due to his many defensive sets, and are surprised when their Milotic is OHKOed by leaf Storm or their Blaziken gets outsped and killed by LO Sludge Bomb. Overall, Venusaur holds true to his name as the King of Gen 4 UU, and I'm glad to have him on the team!

350 (1).png
350 (1).png

The Slippery Snake (Milotic) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 80 Def / 220 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass
- Recover

Milotic provides an important role for the team as being a great check to Fire types and being a great tank in general. While most players expect defensive Milotic, Life Orb Milotic is my preferred choice for the set as it's an effective wallbreaker that can still tank hits and has realiable recovery in Recover! Hydro Pump is quite powerful, 2HKOing stuff like Uxie and Spiritomb, and can even do about 33.7 - 39.8% to Registeel switchins, which isn't that great but can be important in wearing Registeel down. Ice Beam provides good coverage against Grass types, and HP Grass hits Water types and hits Gastrodon and Lanturn, two things that HP Electric cannot hit.

359 (1).png
359 (1).png

Disasterous (Absol) @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

Another one of my favorite things to use in DPP UU, Absol provides an offensive check to Ghost and Psychic types for the team, and most importantly, another set up mon with Swords Dance. It also creates the Double Swords Dance core of Blaziken and Absol, able to appreciate the other member's wallbreaking in order to sweep or break the opposing team. After Swords Dance, even some resists are unable to get through Absol, such as Blaziken and Houndoom. +2 Night Slash can also OHKO walls like Donphan and Milotic after some residual damage, which is easy to get through the switches the team causes and the offensive pressure the team has. Superpower also helps Absol get through Registeel and Rhyperior after some residual damage. Absol is overall a very underrated mon that underprepared teams should be very fearful of, as it will crush them quite easily.

065 (1).png
065 (1).png

Allahu Psychic (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Alakazam completes the team as a great offensive mon that can clean up opposing teams nicely. Before I added him, the team was really slow, and needed a fast offensive mon to help against offense teams, and could also use an offensive Fighting check. Alakazam is the perfect mon for this, as it's 120 Speed and 135 Special Attack lets it pressure offense teams greatly with it's coverage. I chose Sub + 3 Attacks to take advantage of predictive Houndooms and Absols who would Sucker Punch me, so I can set up Substitute to further pressure the opposing team. The moveset is simple, Psychic for powerful STAB, Focus Blast to hit Steel and Dark types (Unless it misses >.<), and Shadow Ball to hit opposing Psychic and Ghost types, as well as a stronger hit against Spiritomb than Signal Beam). And now with Alakazam, the team was complete!

Now I shall do the threatlist and all that other good stuff!

Swellow: Swellow has that magical 125 Speed, allowing it to outspeed Alakazam, and my only realiable answer to it then is Rhyperior, and priority from Blaziken and Absol, or Toxic Orb and Brave Bird recoil killing it. Ursaring poses a similar problem, with even more power, but with less speed allowing Alakazam to revenge it.
Hazard Stacking leads: Hazard stacking leads such as Omastar and Qwilfish have the superior advantage against Rhyperior thanks to their Water STAB, and Uxie and Mesprit can Trick their Choice Scarf to him and set up their hazards. Hazards can really hurt the team, as combined with LO recoil, can wear down the team greatly.

There are probably some other threats to the team, but I haven't really seen too much threatening enough to be put in the Threatlist.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Blaziken @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Attack

Milotic @ Life Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 152 HP / 80 Def / 220 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Now here's the Wall of Shoutouts!!!
UU Room:

First I'll Shoutout the Squad who helped me ladder in DPP UU and helped get DPP UU a bit more popular in the Room:

Nightingales : My competitor in the ladder, Nightingales is always friendly and helped me test some of my teams. We also built a Secret Team that I might use in the DPP UU Tournament.
Rattled Snakes : Also a great friend who helped me in the ladder.
Merlouvynis : Another friend who helped me get to #1, great user overall.

There's a lot of other people, but IDK if any of them have Forums accounts.

King UU : Great guy, helped me in trying to get a Victim Of The Week thread on the UU Subforum, still waiting for the TL's response
YABO : That Aerodactyl post was amazing.
NV : Great friend, hosts a bunch of threads I like.
LittleRunnerXC : Nicest user ever as always
McSaltine : So he doesn't complain about me not Shoutouting him
ManOfMany: Cool guy

NU Room:
Raseri : Sweet dreams m8
Based Loser : Great friend
shadestep : Awesome friend
Winter's Howl : Great friend, congrats on driver

RU Room:
Kableye : Great friend
MrAldo : Great pal
Esidisi : Dem avatars are cash m8
Diogo : Great friend
Lord Death Man : Cool guy
slurmz: Great friend who helped me while building this team.

LC Room:
Fiend : cool guy
H&MBerkeley : Great friend
Mambo : Flames

I'll probably think of some more later.

Overall, this team is simple and easy to use, and is highly effective as well, as evidenced by my success with it! I hope you like it, and wish me luck in the DPP UU Tournament! (If I don't get knocked out first round >.<) And I hope you all get into DPP UU, as it's one of the most fun tiers I have ever played, and hopefully for you too!

meatwad_dancing.gif
And remember, keep dancing!
meatwad_dancing.gif

Also snagging the first Past Gens RMT of 2016, hee hee >:D

EDIT: Also just saying my next RMT will be one of my War RMTs, so watch out!

Last edited:
Erh yeah no talking around, I'm not a fan of Rhyperior lead in general as it performs poorly against common leads like HP Grass Moltres, Omastar, Qwilfish, Venusaur etc. So I would change the lead to Venusaur giving it a Scarf because your team lacks fast mons, Alakazam being the fastest. The set doesn't change so yeah swap the places from Venu and Rhy. Uhm I think mixed Agillity Blaziken fits in here better since it owns stall aswell and doesn't die after 1 hit e.g Flare Blitz. Mix Blaziken with Agillity is pretty underrated because it p much defeats Hail Stall on it's own which is very dangerous + it also provides you a great wincon so yeah I can drop you the set if you need. I'm not convinced about the Life Orb on Milotic a physically defensive variant would fit in here so much better to help with things like Houndoom, Hard-hitting grounds etc. Because you lack any ground resist tho. You're pretty vulnerable to Ghosts and Psychics aswell Absol being your only check to them and yh Absol is known for being frail haha, so I think a CB Spiritomb would be a way better fit in here as it's able to Pursuit trap Ghosts and Psychic with easy or deal decent damage to them leaving em in range for Alakazam to clean. So yeah in conclusion:

• Swap Rhyperior for Venusaur from the spots
  • Give Venusaur a Choice Scarf instead LO
  • Mixed Blaziken over Swords Dance Blaziken
  • Milotic from offensive LO to physically defensive
  • Choice Band Spiritomb over Absol
Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power Ice

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 Atk / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Agility

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Spiritomb @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Trick

Hope I helped, keep up the nice work! Love to see players getting into one of the greatest tiers!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Erh yeah no talking around, I'm not a fan of Rhyperior lead in general as it performs poorly against common leads like HP Grass Moltres, Omastar, Qwilfish, Venusaur etc. So I would change the lead to Venusaur giving it a Scarf because your team lacks fast mons, Alakazam being the fastest. The set doesn't change so yeah swap the places from Venu and Rhy. Uhm I think mixed Agillity Blaziken fits in here better since it owns stall aswell and doesn't die after 1 hit e.g Flare Blitz. Mix Blaziken with Agillity is pretty underrated because it p much defeats Hail Stall on it's own which is very dangerous + it also provides you a great wincon so yeah I can drop you the set if you need. I'm not convinced about the Life Orb on Milotic a physically defensive variant would fit in here so much better to help with things like Houndoom, Hard-hitting grounds etc. Because you lack any ground resist tho. You're pretty vulnerable to Ghosts and Psychics aswell Absol being your only check to them and yh Absol is known for being frail haha, so I think a CB Spiritomb would be a way better fit in here as it's able to Pursuit trap Ghosts and Psychic with easy or deal decent damage to them leaving em in range for Alakazam to clean. So yeah in conclusion:

• Swap Rhyperior for Venusaur from the spots
  • Give Venusaur a Choice Scarf instead LO
  • Mixed Blaziken over Swords Dance Blaziken
  • Milotic from offensive LO to physically defensive
  • Choice Band Spiritomb over Absol
Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power Ice

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 Atk / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Agility

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Spiritomb @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Trick

Hope I helped, keep up the nice work! Love to see players getting into one of the greatest tiers!
I will consider these choices, but the reason why I didn't choose Phys Def Milotic is because I wanted the team to be as offensive as possible.

Yeah it might be offensive but it still needs something to take hits on, you basically have no ground resist/immunity so Milotic helps out very decently, and it's not like Milotic takes out the entire momentum!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Yeah it might be offensive but it still needs something to take hits on, you basically have no ground resist/immunity so Milotic helps out very decently, and it's not like Milotic takes out the entire momentum!
Ok Ok, I'll test it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
So something really cool that I've been trying out on this team is lead Alakazam. It helps with my hazard problem as it can Taunt Spike Stackers and hit them hard with Psychic. It also threatens Venusaur and Psychic-type leads. I still need more testing with it, but I definetely feel like it could be worth it for the team.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
^That was actually going to be my suggestion for a quick fix to the team, you gain the ability to shut down spikes leads and gain a swellow/normal/SCYTHER check and registeel/uxie twave absorber while losing almost nothing in the process.

However, as far as optimization goes, your team is really, really weak to toxicroak, both sd and np sets, with your team only having checks to it, venu being kinda shaky and easily weakened, alaka dies to sucker and likely won't make it far enough in the match if you're leading with it anyway, and sucker/quick attack from blaziken and absol. rp tort also rips your team apart if it gets a chance to set up on a -2 venu. your team in general is also kinda weak to opposing hyper offense which focuses on faster mons, i'm thinking an offensive core of rotom/sceptile/swellow would absolutely destroy you, and that's not really an uncommon core tbh. to kinda fix this, i would seriously consider trading out absol, which while it wallbreaks for blaziken, it's a major liability in the construct of your team defensively, especially since you can't really rely on rhyp/venu/milo to tank things for you as they're all offensive variants too. i would consider replacing absol with a blackglasses spiritomb of sucker / pursuit / shadow sneak / will-o-wisp, which gives you a far better check/counter to toxicroak, checks rp tort, still wallbreaks for blaziken by removing slowbro/mesprit/uxie/mismagius/rotom, and gives you a way to switch in and tank something from sceptile if you lose venu. i realize tomb slows you down even more, but on the pace of other offensive teams you're already pretty well behind, and tomb plays as a pseudo-scarf / trapper which fits the mold of your team

anyway, good luck with the team, nice to see another dpp uu team in here besides mine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)