Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 5

I mentioned to my pal Aldo and this is kind of secondary or something to consider in the future but I think scarf Hoopa would be nice here so that you can maintain pressure on common defoggers and Spinners such as Lati and Starmie to pressure them on predicted switch ins. They'll try to come in on you along the lines to remove the webs and right now it's pretty easy for them to do that. Otherwise nice.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Always hard to build for sticky because you have to account for SableyeM, Defog, spinners especially Excadril because it dgaf about your -1 speed drop, Serperior that's getting a +1 speed boost and Bisharp getting a free SD on switch like it's Christmas.
But honestly what is the bandwagon with that team 5, it's mediocre to be frank. What if the dude leads with DiancieM, do you just close your battle window and pretend nothing happened ?
And it's not like I'm nitpicking, this team lacks a Ground and a Steel and at the risk of sounding like a TR fresh from Serebii, this is quite the awful flaw. I've mentionned Serperior and it's just sweeping, CharX DD on your Thundurus and sweeps, AltariaM DD on Keldeo and sweeps, Excadrill sweeps, LopunnyM.. I mean the "Fake out" switch is a Keldeo at this point and I know we could assume that web's on for all these threats but come on, the LopunnyM leads, PuP on the Shuckle and it's already over. That's why you can't go too crazy on the offense, even with a Shuckle, you have to wonder "what if they lead with X".
I mean, another example of what happens when you don't use Chomp/Landot, a bulky steel or a bulky water... Metagross makes use of Clear Body on your Sticky Web and Mega on Gard, Thundurus or Shuckle and you're gonna look real funny trying to switch around Mash.
Not gonna beat down the dead horse but you guys should play it, I strongly doubt that it's close to good. And yea, it totally needs a Scarf, but that'd be applying a bandage to an open wound because the typing synergy is simply off there.

Probably the worst of the bunch, also shui3 , I know you changed the team from what you showed me but let me say that it was a good choice because MedichamM+Shuckle does not look like the best combo unless you really want to ignore SableyeM teams.
Talking about SableyeM, I dont agree, I dont think that a team where your switch is GardevoirM is more prepared than a team where your switch is CharY or AltariaM. They got recovery moves at least, and can absorb potentially WoW (Natural Cure).
I dont know what kind of meme is supposed to be Ariados, but it looks silly.

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Team 5 because it's the only one that doesnt auto-lose to Sableye teams.
I don't understand that reasoning. If I expect my opponent to bring a defensive team, I'll never bring a sticky web team.
If I am on the part of the ladder, where defensive Sableye teams are in many matches, I won't use it.
Sticky Web is anti-offense, just like rain is, so it doesn't make much sense to consider Sableye teams that much when using Sticky Web.
In which scenario would Webs make more sense other than in this:
"My opponent tends to bring more offensive teams which rely on speed, with no Hazard removal (or just Lati which gets trapped), I'll give Webs a try."

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That doesnt change the fact that it gotta have something to pressure that type of teams (specs keld falls short). Sticky web is a pretty faulty concept I get it, but one cant just ignore the flaws and dont even attempt to patch them like that.

Should at least make the bisharp lum berry and go pursuit weavile or viceserva or something.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
I'm not that good in descriptions but I'll try my best. When I saw this core I immediately thought about using scarf Heatran. It deals with a lot of the meta with a scarf attached. HP ice can lure in Garchomp,and Lando and gets rid of them. Amoongus is my defensive wall and takes care off set-up sweepers and cripples them with stun spore and put a switch in to sleep with spore.
Cm mega-bro is broken as of lately so I implemented that to top off the grass-fire-water core. Also, it forms a regenerator core with Amoonguss before mega evolving. Nasty plot Thundurus is here to take care of bulky water types and Tornadus who is a problem to my core and bro. It also helps with the stall match up since it wallkbreaks so well.
Chople berry t-tar is used to take care of Gengar, Zam, Tornadus and Thunderus which pose a problem to my team. It also helps to trap spinners and Jirachies (which are common as of late). Excadrill is used to get rid of hazards and have another fast sweeper in the back.

Other options : Clear smog on Amoonguss for getting rid of boosts.
Taunt on Thundurus to help with the stall match up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Decided to build some balanced Fire-Spam.
Offensive Life Orb Heatran has great coverage and nuking capabilities while mantaining his great defensive typing, while Volc is a great set-up sweeper against which many teams do not prepare: it really just takes a boost to punch holes in teams who lack a decent answer, moreover Lum Berry is great vs defensive checks. Amoongus provides a crucial resistence to Water and a great Keldeo, Azu, Manaphy Manetric ecc. check; Spore is always good when you don't know what to click and your opponent doesn't have a grass type. Defensive Lando was added for rocks and its ability to check the 90% of the physical threats of the tier, and in general works really well with the mushroom; STAB EQ is necessary vs opposing offensive Heatran, who would otherwise 6-0 the team when Starmie is gone, Knock Off is great vs Chansey (in particular) and is priceless utility in general. Starmie is here to remove the hazards who shit on the team and spam Hydros vs bulky grounds who wall my fire spam core. Bulky SD Mega Zor was added to patch up the team's weakness to Bisharp/Weavile, kill weakened Mega-Garde without forcing Heatran to dodge Focus Blast, and clean the mess the red guys usually do with STAB BP.

Last edited:
barton hollow (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

face (her) (Heatran) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

you and me (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

sex (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 140 SpD / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Roost
- Spikes

mess i made (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

hide & seek (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
pretty obviously solid looking fat balance team, literally took 2 seconds to pick 6 mons and another 30 seconds to pick sets, chople tran helps with loom, weavile, gk hammer arm mega metagross etc. mega slowbro acts as a late-game win con as well as regen core with amoonguss. spread on amoonguss lives mega metagross zhb from full. skarm outruns standard 20 spe mega venu, 16+ impish for jump point, run more speed if you want to creep more mega venu to taunt it so it cant synthesis and annoy slowbro forever. band ttar haha fuk stall. scarf kyurem-b acts as a revenge killer, and cleans up after wearing the opposing team down with spikes. that's the team.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Building stage closes in about 24 hours from now. There is your heads up to make changes, critique from testing or w/e, etc.

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off/Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
Started with the core of Amoongus + Tran. Standard sets are chosen on them with sludge bomb over hidden power fire on amoongus to get the nifty 30% poison chance on the switch. Both have pretty nice type synergy but has the standard balance weakness absolutely shredded by Manaphy, LO Torn-T and Thundurus. Also, both are grounded and amoongus is spikes bait for ferro due to the lack of hp fire. Manectric and Defog Latios were used to alleviate these weaknesses. At this point, a lot of the meta is covered between the 4 but there was a lack of a solid win condition. Clefable also looked liked it could get annoying if it got a t wave off on tran. Balloon Excadrill also looked like it had a field day with the team. Fast megas that cannot be revenge killed by Manectric such as Zam and Lop also seemed really annoying. Clefable and Gliscor were then chosen to patch up these weaknesses. Clef uses standard sets and acts as a switchin to majority of the meta with gliscor handling special attackers such as opposing clefable, gengar or alakazam. Facade can be run over knock off if you feel that you would like to hit other gliscor harder.

Major threats to this team are Bisharp, Hoopa, Opposing Spdef Gliscor, Well played drill under sand.

p2

Banned deucer.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
amoonguss is actually the best pokemon in ou and is such a pain in the ass to break especially with support from tran and skarm. went with offensive tran because defensive is eh and outspeeding megazor is really nice considering this build would get shredded by it without fasttran. i really wanted to use sub dd gyarados because so many teams are weak to it and it just kinda owns a bunch of things and turns common mons into setup bait. added skarmory to create the double hazard core with heatran, it also helps with sand and chipping into bisharp / psychics / gard etc, its the wish killer spread so don't even question it. was looking pretty passive and weak to offensive talon so lop fills this slot nicely to pressure offense and lures in talon with quick attack, picking it off when its weakened easily, priority helps against a bunch of fast stuff. starmie was my last mon and i chose the offensive set because a bunch of teams are somehow weak to it and recover tbolt helps against annoying mons like slowbro. defensive starmie is absolute dogshit, so no point in running it with tbolt because it does 0% to anything weak to water. offensive mie also gives the team a better matchup against manaphy.

WATCH OUT FOR PINSIRMAG THOUGH THAT PLAYSTYLE IS CANCER OR JUST RUN SHED SHELL SKARM

AM

LCPL Champion
Round 23 building stage is now over. The voting stage will begin now. Critiques and such are fine but let's not get over sensitive or drag it on for too long. It's normally better to address longer debates before the voting stage when builders have time to make changes to address any pertinent issues addressed so keep that in mind for future rounds. I have my own opinions about stuff but since I host I normally keep it to myself so don't expect too much from me ever.

Team 1

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
I'm not that good in descriptions but I'll try my best. When I saw this core I immediately thought about using scarf Heatran. It deals with a lot of the meta with a scarf attached. HP ice can lure in Garchomp,and Lando and gets rid of them. Amoongus is my defensive wall and takes care off set-up sweepers and cripples them with stun spore and put a switch in to sleep with spore.
Cm mega-bro is broken as of lately so I implemented that to top off the grass-fire-water core. Also, it forms a regenerator core with Amoonguss before mega evolving. Nasty plot Thundurus is here to take care of bulky water types and Tornadus who is a problem to my core and bro. It also helps with the stall match up since it wallkbreaks so well.
Chople berry t-tar is used to take care of Gengar, Zam, Tornadus and Thunderus which pose a problem to my team. It also helps to trap spinners and Jirachies (which are common as of late). Excadrill is used to get rid of hazards and have another fast sweeper in the back.

Other options : Clear smog on Amoonguss for getting rid of boosts.
Taunt on Thundurus to help with the stall match up.
Team 2

Heatran @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Decided to build some balanced Fire-Spam.
Offensive Life Orb Heatran has great coverage and nuking capabilities while mantaining his great defensive typing, while Volc is a great set-up sweeper against which many teams do not prepare: it really just takes a boost to punch holes in teams who lack a decent answer, moreover Lum Berry is great vs defensive checks. Amoongus provides a crucial resistence to Water and a great Keldeo, Azu, Manaphy Manetric ecc. check; Spore is always good when you don't know what to click and your opponent doesn't have a grass type. Defensive Lando was added for rocks and its ability to check the 90% of the physical threats of the tier, and in general works really well with the mushroom; STAB EQ is necessary vs opposing offensive Heatran, who would otherwise 6-0 the team when Starmie is gone, Knock Off is great vs Chansey (in particular) and is priceless utility in general. Starmie is here to remove the hazards who shit on the team and spam Hydros vs bulky grounds who wall my fire spam core. Bulky SD Mega Zor was added to patch up the team's weakness to Bisharp/Weavile, kill weakened Mega-Garde without forcing Heatran to dodge Focus Blast, and clean the mess the red guys usually do with STAB BP.
Team 3
barton hollow (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

face (her) (Heatran) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

you and me (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

sex (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 140 SpD / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Roost
- Spikes

mess i made (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

hide & seek (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
pretty obviously solid looking fat balance team, literally took 2 seconds to pick 6 mons and another 30 seconds to pick sets, chople tran helps with loom, weavile, gk hammer arm mega metagross etc. mega slowbro acts as a late-game win con as well as regen core with amoonguss. spread on amoonguss lives mega metagross zhb from full. skarm outruns standard 20 spe mega venu, 16+ impish for jump point, run more speed if you want to creep more mega venu to taunt it so it cant synthesis and annoy slowbro forever. band ttar haha fuk stall. scarf kyurem-b acts as a revenge killer, and cleans up after wearing the opposing team down with spikes. that's the team.
Team 4

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off/Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
Started with the core of Amoongus + Tran. Standard sets are chosen on them with sludge bomb over hidden power fire on amoongus to get the nifty 30% poison chance on the switch. Both have pretty nice type synergy but has the standard balance weakness absolutely shredded by Manaphy, LO Torn-T and Thundurus. Also, both are grounded and amoongus is spikes bait for ferro due to the lack of hp fire. Manectric and Defog Latios were used to alleviate these weaknesses. At this point, a lot of the meta is covered between the 4 but there was a lack of a solid win condition. Clefable also looked liked it could get annoying if it got a t wave off on tran. Balloon Excadrill also looked like it had a field day with the team. Fast megas that cannot be revenge killed by Manectric such as Zam and Lop also seemed really annoying. Clefable and Gliscor were then chosen to patch up these weaknesses. Clef uses standard sets and acts as a switchin to majority of the meta with gliscor handling special attackers such as opposing clefable, gengar or alakazam. Facade can be run over knock off if you feel that you would like to hit other gliscor harder.

Major threats to this team are Bisharp, Hoopa, Opposing Spdef Gliscor, Well played drill under sand.
Team 5

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
amoonguss is actually the best pokemon in ou and is such a pain in the ass to break especially with support from tran and skarm. went with offensive tran because defensive is eh and outspeeding megazor is really nice considering this build would get shredded by it without fasttran. i really wanted to use sub dd gyarados because so many teams are weak to it and it just kinda owns a bunch of things and turns common mons into setup bait. added skarmory to create the double hazard core with heatran, it also helps with sand and chipping into bisharp / psychics / gard etc, its the wish killer spread so don't even question it. was looking pretty passive and weak to offensive talon so lop fills this slot nicely to pressure offense and lures in talon with quick attack, picking it off when its weakened easily, priority helps against a bunch of fast stuff. starmie was my last mon and i chose the offensive set because a bunch of teams are somehow weak to it and recover tbolt helps against annoying mons like slowbro. defensive starmie is absolute dogshit, so no point in running it with tbolt because it does 0% to anything weak to water. offensive mie also gives the team a better matchup against manaphy.

WATCH OUT FOR PINSIRMAG THOUGH THAT PLAYSTYLE IS CANCER OR JUST RUN SHED SHELL SKARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)