Official Smogon Tournament XII - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we contacted day one and he told me he can't play until next thursday but there's still time within deadline

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Rampecker has been discovered to be ghosted in his game vs. p2 by user 2D over 3D.

Rampecker will be disqualified from OST, and him and 2D over 3D will be tournament banned for two months. The result between p2 and Rampecker is nulled, and the new matchup is HBK vs p2.

nulled, as per post #633 on the following page

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Banned deucer.
So can i talk to someone about that? I wasn't being ghosted, so if i can talk with someone it would be great
Yea. I know p2 way better than I know Rampecker, who I've never talked to in my life, so I think I'm as close to objective as you can get on this issue, but anyway I was sitting in the room where the "ghosting" took place and watching the battle at the same time and it didn't look like Rampecker was actually listening to anything written in the chat. Not much you can do to shut people up when they're posting moves other than telling them to stop, which I think he actually did do. My PS auto-saves logs, so . . .

%2D over 3D~: you know
%Rampage095~: oh
+Shrekt'D: uh oh
%2D over 3D~: he uses
%2D over 3D~: ferro
%2D over 3D~: as setup
%2D over 3D~: fodder
%2D over 3D~: right
%Rampage095~: no shit
Rampecker: shh
+Shrekt'D: flames
Rampecker: i have
Rampecker: a plan
Rampecker: just
%Rampage095~: he couldnt let talon get twaved
Rampecker: dont talk
I think "i have a plan, just dont talk" is one of the more polite ways to say "stop trying to fucking ghost me". Anyone who's in a social group on PS has this happen to them while they play, I myself try my best to ignore similar conversations when I'm playing too. Doesn't seem right to penalize him for this.

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
After talking to people involved and reviewing the information we've got, we've found that even though 2D over 3D repeatedly tried to influence the moves that was made by Rampecker, Rampecker was acting individually and was not acting primarily under the influence of others instructions, including telling off others. Therefore, Rampecker will not be punished and will advance to the next round as normal. However, 2D over 3D was very actively trying to ghost Rampecker, including after explicitly being told by Rampecker and other users to not ghost. Therefore, the punishment against 2D over 3D will stay.

HBK is un-substituted but returns to the substitute queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)