ORAS OU #1: Steve Angello vs xray
ORAS OU #2: reiku vs cosine180
wolfpack v. raiders

ORAS OU #1: aim vs TDK
ORAS OU #2: Cicada vs CrashinBoomBang​

go Zamrock :D

week 4 pairings

bigs v. ruiners

ORAS OU #1: ABR vs Reymedy - I don't know what's up with reymedy but the bigs seemed to make a terrible decision in getting him as what seems to be one of their only 2 oras ou players. His play hasn't been too great nor have his teams. It's only week 3 so he has some time to improve but not much. The longer the tour goes on the harder it is to salvage a bad season and his season has been bad. How could he ever hope to beat the legendary #3?
ORAS OU #2: TheEnder vs boudouche - Quid?

tigers v. falcons

ORAS OU #1: mencemeat vs Destiny Device - heh
ORAS OU #2: ben gay vs Ary - heh heh

cryonicles v. classiest

ORAS OU #1: GeeMick vs Zamrock - To my knowledge they're both just average players. I've never seen anything particularly impressive from either nor do i have a large knowledge of either. Geemick's game vs leftiez was a case of his opponent deciding to lose the game moreso than him outplaying but his performance was still solid. Idk, maybe with proper support Zamrock can do something great.
ORAS OU #2: Masterclass vs blunder - I don't know what they're expecting.
sharks v. scooters

ORAS OU #1: Steve Angello vs xray - Steve has just had a better showing these first few weeks. Xray can do good things he just has to stop being gay.
ORAS OU #2: reiku vs cosine180 - Beats me.
wolfpack v. raiders

ORAS OU #1: aim vs TDK - 32%.
ORAS OU #2: Cicada vs CrashinBoomBang - The strongest oras performance i've seen in this tour thus far has been by cbb. I just don't see him losing.

why does nobody post in this thread but the uu one is always active?

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
ABR vs Reymedy: gotta bold this guy's name at some point i guess
TheEnder vs boudouche: fairly close game, i'd do the lil bold versus thing but i'm not a pussy :D

mencemeat vs Destiny Device: prediction game is on another level...or he's semi-retarded, i suppose time will tell
ben gay vs Ary: ben's in a bit of a rut atm and Ary's backed by several of the best ORAS players

GeeMick vs Zamrock: the man can surprise sometimes when he can keep his cool, I think he'll do fine
Masterclass vs blunder: this would be match of the week if this were 2014 Masterclass :<

Steve Angello vs xray: nazi fratricide
reiku vs cosine180: idk enough to say much so my only comment on this is: free bluri

aim vs TDK: while aim's probably the better player when it comes down to it, TDK's teambuildling is much better, and I feel that in ORAS that makes a huge difference. A mediocre player with a team advantage will tend to win over a superb player with a team disadvantage.
Cicada vs CrashinBoomBang: CBB is back *-*

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
bigs v. ruiners

ORAS OU #1: ABR vs Reymedy - Reymedy has been lackluster thus far in the tour, and ABR is coming off of a really solid olt performance, so I'll take him, although both are coming off of a loss.
ORAS OU #2: TheEnder vs boudouche - Taking more experience i guess

tigers v. falcons

ORAS OU #1: mencemeat vs Destiny Device - To quote blunder, "Tournament Jamvad is completely different from Ladder Jamvad"
ORAS OU #2: ben gay vs Ary - Ben Gay's had a somewhat inconsistent spl run so far, so I'll take Ary, but Ben Gay can definitely win.
cryonicles v. classiest

ORAS OU #1: GeeMick vs Zamrock - <3 Zamrock, both have similar skill levels, and Zamrock is a nice guy
ORAS OU #2: Masterclass vs blunder - Refer for AM's expert analysis.
sharks v. scooters

ORAS OU #1: Steve Angello vs xray - Steve Angello has had a really solid run and xray has been somewhat inconsistent as of late.
ORAS OU #2: reiku vs cosine180 - Cosine is the better ORAS player imo, although both can def win.
wolfpack v. raiders

ORAS OU #1: aim vs TDK - Aim's the better battler while TDK is the better builder, so assuming that both get a neutral matchup, I'll take aim, but TDK could def get an advantage at team preview
ORAS OU #2: Cicada vs CrashinBoomBang - CBB has had a really impressive performance so far, so I'll take him in this one.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! I'm a massive SPL fan and I enjoy watching it a lot. I'm also a sucker for stats but I feel like something like this would be a much better way to evaluate usage. So I did a cool thing! I made a list of all the teams used during the SPL in OU so far (I have done this for UU and Doubles as well!):

http://puu.sh/mLUQi/6b3c2ee3aa.txt
The letter L in front of a team implies that the team has lost.
The letter W in front of a team implies that the team has won.

However, if you prefer seeing sprites rather than just a wall of text, here is the list with sprites, I'll update this post weekly to keep it updated, I hope you enjoy! n__n:

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |
W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |
W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
It's a shame this, well these threads in general due to the usual posters of this forum, are always dead because SPL is normally a good indicator of what the meta looks like in terms of what is and isnt consistent. I was looking at Meloettas comment up above,which was really cool btw so thanks :), and it's kind of funny how out of all the matches so far Weavile has only been used once for what was once a very high threat. I don't think it's exactly a surprise when you look at all the Keldeos, Sand, and steels being used but I did find it somewhat humorous.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
yeah things like weavile and bisharp havent found much use yet. And hoopa-u especially thr cb and the scarf variant have become very popular imo.
Hmm whatever dont wanna say much more because i am already preparing for my next opps..
But i feel like my record was worse than my performance till now although i can only blame myself for the w1 and 2 losses because my preparation wasnt nearly as good as the last two weeks. So i think the weeks after midseason can only get better than my start into this season.
I gotta say i am really excited to see cbb and mencemeat playing this week and the rest of the season. They both bring solid teams and seem veeery good overall.
Looking forward to the ou midseason auctions for oras ou. bigs might want at least a substitute because ik its very hard to come back after a negative record. And some other teams might want some help too :D
Excited to see which players could be this "help"

Also i gotta say i dont see the abr - ender core finishing the season as good as they began the season. Sure both are good players but they got a bit lucky the last weeks and i just dont think they are completely at the top.

p2

Banned deucer.
week 5 matchups

classiest v sharks
ORAS OU #1: blunder vs CTC
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs reiku

raiders v ruiners
ORAS OU #1: CrashinBoomBang vs ABR
ORAS OU #2: TDK vs TheEnder

bigs v falcons
ORAS OU #1: Improbable vs Tesung
ORAS OU #2: boudouche vs Destiny Device

scooters v wolfpack
ORAS OU #1: xray vs Cicada
ORAS OU #2: cosine180 vs PDC

tigers v cryos
ORAS OU #1: ben gay vs Alexander.
ORAS OU #2: Tokyo Tom vs GeeMick

xray

how u doin'?
World Defender
classiest v sharks
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs reiku

raiders v ruiners
ORAS OU #1: CrashinBoomBang vs ABR - highlight
ORAS OU #2: TDK vs TheEnder - n_n idk

bigs v falcons

tigers v cryos

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
classiest v sharks
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy (prolly a stupid pick but <3 Gingy) vs reiku

raiders v ruiners
ORAS OU #1: CrashinBoomBang vs ABR
ORAS OU #2: TDK vs TheEnder

bigs v falcons

scooters v wolfpack
ORAS OU #1: xray vs Cicada
ORAS OU #2: cosine180 vs PDC

tigers v cryos

p2

Banned deucer.
new week more gaems

ruiners v cryos
ORAS OU #1: TheEnder vs GeeMick
ORAS OU #2: ABR vs Seeme

classiest v scooters
ORAS OU #1: blunder vs xray
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs cosine180

falcons v raiders
ORAS OU #1: Tesung vs CrashinBoomBang
ORAS OU #2: Ary vs TDK

wolfpack v sharks
ORAS OU #1: Laurel vs CTC
ORAS OU #2: PDC vs reiku

bigs v tigers
ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs Escavalier
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs ben gay

ruiners v cryos
ORAS OU #1: TheEnder vs GeeMick- Hard to call but gonna go with Gee, go GEE!
ORAS OU #2: ABR vs Seeme- ABR for sure, seeme is good but ABR is more consistent and the better player overall

classiest v scooters
ORAS OU #1: blunder vs xray- Tough to call, xray has regained his form so I'll go with him as I feel he has the momentum on his side
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs cosine180

falcons v raiders
ORAS OU #1: Tesung vs CrashinBoomBang- oo
ORAS OU #2: Ary vs TDK- Ary can very well pull off an upset though, let's see

wolfpack v sharks
ORAS OU #1: Laurel vs CTC- Go Laurel!
ORAS OU #2: PDC vs reiku

bigs v tigers
ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs Escavalier- Nice to see Escavalier finally get to play, go Esca
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs ben gay

p2

Banned deucer.
why does nobody in this subforum give a shit about spl jesus christ

scooters v raiders
ORAS OU #1: xray vs CrashinBoomBang
ORAS OU #2: Jirachee vs TDK

cryos v sharks
ORAS OU #1: Alexander. vs reiku
ORAS OU #2: daftmau5 vs Alastor Law

bigs v classiest
ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs blunder
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs IAmGingy

wolfpack v tigers
ORAS OU #1: Stathakis vs ben gay
ORAS OU #2: PDC vs mencemeat

falcons v ruiners
ORAS OU #1: Tesung vs ABR
ORAS OU #2: Ary vs TheEnder

xray

how u doin'?
World Defender
cryos v sharks
ORAS OU #1: Alexander. vs reiku - Alexander back in his fav mode. depends a bit on his motivation tbh. if he doesnt prepare well then i predict on reiku.
ORAS OU #2: Sweepage vs Alastor Law - Sweep is fantastic gogo

bigs v classiest
ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs blunder - blunder is p good and boudouche wasnt as good as i expected yet.
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs IAmGingy - gingy was good till now but not fantastic and i dont see him being 3-0 :<

wolfpack v tigers
ORAS OU #1: Stathakis vs ben gay - havent seen Stath playing till now and ben gay is much better than his record is *_*
ORAS OU #2: PDC vs mencemeat - could go either way but rooting for PDC (also hes on fire) :))

falcons v ruiners
ORAS OU #1: Tesung vs ABR - ABR might lose tho because falcons need at least 1 win in ORAS and tesung going 1-6 would be really hard :o
ORAS OU #2: Ary vs TheEnder - ender is p solid.

Reiku. Hes been playing really well. If PDC had not Hidden Power Fire on Tangrowth he likely would have won. Alexander is very competent but taking a break from OU is unhealthy for playing from personal experience. He has a hill to climb.

Sweepage-

Boudouche. I think he has favorable builds in the matchup vs blunder.

Improbable. US Central.

ABR. He got good.

Ary. Ary is good. I think he will get a surprise W vs Ender. Ender been a lil predictable with his builds I'd say.

Reactions: Ary

p2

Banned deucer.
week 8

falcons v sharks
ORAS OU #1: Ary vs reiku
ORAS OU #2: Destiny Device vs Alastor Law

scooters v bigs
ORAS OU #1: xray vs boudouche
ORAS OU #2: liberty32 vs Reymedy

wolfpack v classiest
ORAS OU #1: aim vs blunder
ORAS OU #2: Stathakis vs IAmGingy

ruiners v tigers
ORAS OU #1: ABR vs mencemeat
ORAS OU #2: TheEnder vs ben gay

raiders v cryos
ORAS OU #1: CrashinBoomBang vs GeeMick
ORAS OU #2: TDK vs Sweepage

falcons v sharks
ORAS OU #1: Ary vs reiku - ary can probably win, needs to stay focused on his plays and he can do it
ORAS OU #2: Destiny Device vs Alastor Law - dd *-*

scooters v bigs
ORAS OU #1: xray vs boudouche - xrays doing really well after a rocky start to the season, lets see if he keeps this up
ORAS OU #2: liberty32 vs Reymedy - dunno what to expect of this game really

wolfpack v classiest
ORAS OU #1: aim vs blunder - aim already won.
ORAS OU #2: Stathakis vs IAmGingy - both solid players but i kinda want gingE to take it

ruiners v tigers
ORAS OU #1: ABR vs mencemeat - easy
ORAS OU #2: TheEnder vs ben gay - endre is doing really well and ben seems to be struggling :(

raiders v cryos
ORAS OU #1: CrashinBoomBang vs GeeMick - dont like cbb but hes probably gonna win
ORAS OU #2: TDK vs Sweepage - probably tdk

Last edited:
falcons v sharks
ORAS OU #1: Ary vs reiku - ary made some questionable plays vs ender, and i think reiku is just the better player
ORAS OU #2: Destiny Device vs Alastor Law - dont know much about Alastor Law so just gonna go with DD

scooters v bigs
ORAS OU #1: xray vs boudouche - this could go either way
ORAS OU #2: liberty32 vs Reymedy - rey has a pretty awful spl record but i dont know much about liberty32

wolfpack v classiest
ORAS OU #1: aim vs blunder
ORAS OU #2: Stathakis vs IAmGingy - i like both players but Gingy is hot af

raiders v cryos
ORAS OU #1: CrashinBoomBang vs GeeMick - CBB is strong but GeeMick is a good friend and a great player
ORAS OU #2: TDK vs Sweepage - TDK would probably be the sensible choice but i have a feeling sweepage is going to take this one, idk

ORAS OU #1: Ary vs reiku - Unsure if Ary can come back from last week's performance
ORAS OU #1: xray vs boudouche - Picked Xray just because he's been playing well, but this could go either way
ORAS OU #2: Stathakis vs IAmGingy - Gingy is good, but Stath's coming in hot off of the ben gay win
ORAS OU #2: TheEnder vs ben gay - BG bounces back from a loss by taking TheEnder
ORAS OU #1: CrashinBoomBang vs GeeMick - I don't know the GeeMick, but CBB is good
ORAS OU #2: TDK vs Sweepage - I know that TDK is good, and all I know about Sweepage is that he's talking a lot coming into this match

leremyju

Banned deucer.
How bout the usage stats tho. Lando T cements itself as the top bulky ground type as Swords Dance sets being to come out in a response the rh chomp. Also Hoopa has been used quite a bit and proved its not the huge ass threat people thought it would be.

Also Zard is the most common used mega although counting forms Mega Scizor would be, followed by lopunny and Diancie. Mega Diancie has a 75% win rate so yea

If you look at Pokemon with a Usage > 5, the highest winning percentage is 77.78%, belonging to... Tangrowth. I understand that WP isn't the best statistic to use when assessing Pokemon's prowess in the meta, but that's still something that I would never assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)