Event Discussion

I get Mew's only move being Pound. If you exploited the Mew Glitch in RBY to get a level 1 Mew and then used the underflow glitch to get it to 100, it would skip its entire level-up movepool, only getting Pound.

What the hell it up with the others, though?
I can't be sure on the others, but I would assume that Meloetta is to save room for Relic Song.

Special Victini wants Blue Flare which is another event only move. Can't think of a single use for it outside of dex/event collections.

I'd argue that both Zapdos' and Moltres' HA's are worth the rng chance. Pressure does not do much at all, where as Static or Flame Body kicking in can win you the game or at least change the tide of battle pretty dam easily. It is a shame that they are being given out through Poke Scrap, which means they have next to zero chance of seeing a US release.
If that's the case, hopefully people will make them, and maybe hand them out via Wonder Trade.

If that's the case, hopefully people will make them, and maybe hand them out via Wonder Trade.
I rather they didn't. If people are going to cheat they should keep it to themselves instead of getting other people involved without making sure it is okay with them first.

Edit: I mean, people trading hacks have already ruined wonder trade for me. I don't mind my hard work 4iv breedjects going to some kid out there for a zig or some beginner for his Fletching. But it is annoying beyond belief to get something that is hack and knowing that my actual work went to that person.

If anyone is getting Hong Kong Infernape codes redeem them straight away. All codes can be accessed by anyone after they have been generated and are not region locked.

How do you get it? Mind listing the steps?
You can get the code via a link from Pokemon's Hong Kong Facebook page but that portion of the process is region locked. The code itself is on a separate page and once it's generated and you know the website address you can sequentially go through the code pages generated until you find one that hasn't been claimed yet as that isn't region locked.

There are more details on an announcement on r/pokemontrades.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yikes, from what I read it sounds like a hot mess. There's only a limited number of codes and people are farming them through a work around that let's you see all the codes. Even those who went through the honest way to get a code might discover it was already claimed. Sounds like they're generating new codes every once in a while but still sounds like the likelihood of getting one is slim.

It's just been announced that people who play in the Kanto Classic get a special Barrier Dragonite that's based on Lance's. However, this raises an interesting question: If Lance's Dragonite had Barrier, and this one is supposed to be his, did he still hack it?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
It's just been announced that people who play in the Kanto Classic get a special Barrier Dragonite that's based on Lance's. However, this raises an interesting question: If Lance's Dragonite had Barrier, and this one is supposed to be his, did he still hack it?
Well considering Dragonite still can't learn Barrier, I guess so.

I didn't see this anywhere, but for UK players: [EDIT This was talked about a few pages back, but nice to know the UK is getting in on some of these!]

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/01/27/game-is-giving-away-mew-through-february
TPCi tend to treat the UK and Ireland as one entity, and GAME shut down here years ago, sooo... ;_; Not much point reiterating the whole "DAE THINK NINENTDO/POKEMON HATE *insert country*?!?" speech, but jeez they really don't make events easy to get :V

Barrier Dragonite to be given away as a prize for doing the upcoming Kanto Only Battle Comp. Shame that it doesn't have mutli-scale, not that Barrier is a good move anyhow....

I didn't see this anywhere, but for UK players: [EDIT This was talked about a few pages back, but nice to know the UK is getting in on some of these!]

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/01/27/game-is-giving-away-mew-through-february

Game are giving away Mew throughout February, to which I assume is in conjunction with the 20th Anniversary Celebrations going on throughout the year for Pokemon and Nintendo.
Good...
The UK will get all of these events. Nintendo have been good at this recently.
I agree and I believe this has been happening well since the shaymin sky form event. I remember wanting arceus for my diamond game but saying to myself that the Japanese and the Americans are the only lucky ones here

Tell me, did the XY torchic distribution count as an event? That was an easy but excellent pokemon to get...

Good...

I agree and I believe this has been happening well since the shaymin sky form event. I remember wanting arceus for my diamond game but saying to myself that the Japanese and the Americans are the only lucky ones here

Tell me, did the XY torchic distribution count as an event? That was an easy but excellent pokemon to get...
I believe it did.

I got a Mew code today. My wife said that the store had no idea about the event & it was one per person.

I believe it did.

I got a Mew code today. My wife said that the store had no idea about the event & it was one per person.
It depends what store you go to. I now have 3 codes. One I got in a downtown Gamestop and they only said one per customer (but they told me to just come back later). The other, in a suburban area, I asked for, and got two.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Oh, Serebii has the Ability/Item/Move info on the Mythical Pokemon being given:

NOTE: All of them are at Level 100.

Mew: Ability: Synchronize. No item. Move: Pound.
Celebi: Ability: Natural Cure. No item. Moves: Confusion, Recover, Heal Bell, & Safeguard.
Jirachi: Ability: Serene Grace. No item. Moves: Wish, Confusion, & Rest.
Darkrai: Ability: Bad Dreams. Item: Enigma Berry. Moves: Dark Void, Ominous Wind, Nightmare, & Feint Attack.
Manaphy: Ability: Hydration. Item: King's Rock. Moves: Tail Glow, Bubble, & Water Sport.
Shaymin: Ability: Natural Cure. Item: Micle Berry. Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, & Energy Ball.
Arceus: Ability: Multitype. No item. Moves: Judgement, Recover, Hyper Beam, & Perish Song.
Victini: Ability: Victory Star. No item. Moves: Incinerate, Quick Attack, Endure, & Confusion.
Keldeo: Ability: Justified. Item: PP Max. Moves: Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick, & Bubble Beam.
Genesect: Ability: Download. No item. Moves: Techno Blast, Magnet Bomb, Solar Beam, & Signal Beam.
Meloetta: Ability: Serene Grace. Item: PP Max. Moves: Quick Attack, Confusion, Round.

... Okay, can I meet whoever made these decisions and SLAP THE STUPID OUT of them?! I could criticize them in detail, but I can sum it all up in two:

1. Why are only some of them holding items? Like if you can't think of a good item to give them how about just one of the rare berries? Actually scratch that, give them all rare berries. Like they have the Micle and Enigma Berry, how about the Rowap, Jaboca, and Custap (heck, you could even have some holding a Starf and Lansat since they're hard to get).
2. Okay, you don't want to give them any special moves, that's fine. But still what in the world are with those movesets? Some don't have a full 4, others are moves they first learn, except others have moves from all over their movepool, Victini doesn't have V-Create, and Shaymin has Aromatherapy which it doesn't learn!
Okay, so I am aware that this is an older post. But I believe thanks to Doomsday94 in #SmogonWifi (And some brief checking for some of them) that these movepools are very similar (if not identical) to their Original event releases with the exception of Darkrai (Who originally came with Spacial Rend/Roar Of Time) and Arceus (The same as Darkrai with addition of Giratina's signature move, Shadow Force). Keldeo and Meloetta seemed to have always (if not the majority of the time) been released with PPMax. One of them should have come with a Rowap berry, but I'm not sure if that exists in Gen 6 at all.

Looking at it now, nice addition to these events that they are coming with their original event movesets (even if they are kinda crappy and we could use something better).

@Above; The UK Game stores usually just ask you for how many you want, I usually get two (one for each game). But I could ask for more lol

So I just got my Mew today (would've done it yesterday but the weather was atrocious) and I don't know if it's in all of the UK or if I just randomly got handed it for no apparent reason, but when I got my Mew code I also got this pretty damn nice pamphlet with it.
http://imgur.com/a/C2Rc5
Do excuse the shit quality on my phone.
It's nothing too special; just telling how to download, what it's ability, levels and moves are; and then some advertisements on the back, but it's a really nice touch and it's cute to have.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
You can get the code via a link from Pokemon's Hong Kong Facebook page but that portion of the process is region locked. The code itself is on a separate page and once it's generated and you know the website address you can sequentially go through the code pages generated until you find one that hasn't been claimed yet as that isn't region locked.

There are more details on an announcement on r/pokemontrades.
lol, so many steps.

I'm from Hong Kong, I'll go and ask.

I originally ignored it because I misplaced my X version somewhere that I couldn't figure.

EDIT:
It says it's region locked :(

Anyway, I got the code for one Infernape.
PM me if you want it, and I'll choose a lucky person.

Last edited:
As I can't drive yet, I will need to find a reason to get a parent to drive me to Gamestop so I can get my Mew.

That pamphlet is pretty cool though, I hope us Americans get it.

Nope. Us Americans just got a little card. On one side it talks about the Pokemon, level, move, and ability. On the back is how to redeem it. It's just like the other card redemptions.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So I was checking to see what Nature would best fit Mew when I discovered Mew desperately needs Move Tutors to agree with it to fills the role assigned to it. What do I mean? Well according to Smogon and Serebii the best Mew is a support Pokemon (which makes sense considering the sheer amount of moves it can learn) with popular picks is Soft-boiled, Defog, and Knock Off... and ORAS's Move Tutor only gives Knock Off of those three so this 20th Anniversary Mew can't fulfill its role unless XY2/Z's move tutor has these moves. Great. Though only Defog is irreplaceable, I think you can use Roost instead of Soft-Boiled and it'll work the same (BTW Mew doesn't learn Recover, wtf?).

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)