Art for YouTube!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Hello Smeargle's Studio. The title of this thread should have clued you in but our YouTube needs art! I'm open to both hand-drawn and CG images, whichever is in your skill set. After talking to Bummer we agreed that the former will count toward Artist badge while the latter will count toward the Social Media badge.

Most YouTube videos are (or want to be) long-running series, which means the aesthetics would benefit considerably from having the same style. As such, the holy grail of YouTube contribution is an artist committing themselves to a video series and producing all of its art, such as GreenCore has done for the Pokemon Showcase series. Depending on the release schedule of the series, the artist may need to create a lot of images biweekly or even weekly, often with only a couple days' notice, so this is probably more suited to CG artists, but if you think you can handle the deadlines traditional artists are welcome as well!

When we import Twitch channel videos, we need thumbnails for them. The traditional format for a match thumbnail can be seen all over our YouTube but it's basically the match name, player names, and a Pokemon to represent each player. Thumbnails (and all other youtube art) are required to be 16x9 resolution, preferably at least 640px wide, and (for thumbnails only) 2MB maximum. Example. As soon as I have the need for a thumbnail, I will update the OP with these pertinent bits of info and it's first come, first served from there. Again, CG or traditional art welcome!

Lastly, sometimes a one-off video will need art for it. Similar to a series, these will need to be done by a single artist, but there's a lot less pressure involved because there's no release schedule or ongoing commitment (though they're usually going to be longer and thus require more art per video).

For any sort of art contribution, in addition to badge consideration, I will credit you in the description of the video if you request it. Thanks for reading!

Series currently seeking artists:
  • Core Support
  • Introduction to Cores by bludz
Thumbnails needed:
  • none
One-off videos seeking artists:
  • none atm

Last edited by a moderator:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I'm also down to help out with things. Will this be like Workshop or Art for Tournaments where anyone can contribute and fulfill requests?

Also keeping YT and Twitch dimensions in the OP would be stellar

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
I'd be interested in this.

Could you give more details on what "OU Teams to Know" is and what exactly you're looking for?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm also down to help out with things. Will this be like Workshop or Art for Tournaments where anyone can contribute and fulfill requests?

guess I'll respond to this

Since they'll also be accepting cg images, then no, you do not need to be an approved artist to contribute. That said, much like the Workshop and Art for Tournaments, those receiving the images will still reserve the right to leave feedback or even turn down an image if it's not what they had in mind, so quality is still something that'll be emphasized since these images will reach hundreds if not thousands of people. So yeah, communication is key, but at this stage, anyone who feels they have the shots to take this one are free to do so.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm up for this

mind posting the dimensions of thumbnails, etc.? (for Twitch and YT)
Twitch art needs are minimal (no thumbnails or anything, basically just if we ever need a new stream overlay—which isn't often). For YT, anything 16x9 works. Thumbnails must be under 2MB. Basically what's in Architect's link.

done, good idea

I'd be interested in this.

Could you give more details on what "OU Teams to Know" is and what exactly you're looking for?
It's a feature on common/influential teams in the OU metagame, basically think of it like the RMT spotlights that used to be in the Smog. He hasn't expressed any specifics on what he's looking for for art, so I'll ask him and then get back to you on that.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
OK I need a couple Thumbnails!

SPL Week 4 RBY: reyscarface vs Golden Gyarados
rey gets a Starmie, ggyara gets a Chansey
Needed by: Sunday

DOU Winter Seasonal R9: Nido-Rus vs raikoo
Nido-Rus gets a Rotom-W, Raikoo gets an Azumarill
Needed by: Friday

NU League Grand Finals Set 1: shaneghoul vs Realistic Waters
shaneghoul gets a Kabutops, waters gets a normal Rotom
Needed by: Wednesday

these all happened yesterday so sorry for the dumping lol

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
OK I need a couple Thumbnails!

SPL Week 4 RBY: reyscarface vs Golden Gyarados
rey gets a Starmie, ggyara gets a Chansey
Needed by: Sunday

DOU Winter Seasonal R9: Nido-Rus vs raikoo
Nido-Rus gets a Rotom-W, Raikoo gets an Azumarill
Needed by: Friday

NU League Grand Finals Set 1: shaneghoul vs Realistic Waters
shaneghoul gets a Kabutops, waters gets a normal Rotom
Needed by: Wednesday

these all happened yesterday so sorry for the dumping lol
Stratos, do people contributing here need a full artist approval?
Bummer has approved me for doing certain stuff, but not all stuff.

But I'm interested in drawing that Starmie and Chansey.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Stratos, do people contributing here need a full artist approval?
Bummer has approved me for doing certain stuff, but not all stuff.

But I'm interested in drawing that Starmie and Chansey.
guess I'll respond to this

Since they'll also be accepting cg images, then no, you do not need to be an approved artist to contribute. That said, much like the Workshop and Art for Tournaments, those receiving the images will still reserve the right to leave feedback or even turn down an image if it's not what they had in mind, so quality is still something that'll be emphasized since these images will reach hundreds if not thousands of people. So yeah, communication is key, but at this stage, anyone who feels they have the shots to take this one are free to do so.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
new thumbnail request!

DOU Winter Seasonal R11: TDK vs Staxandstax
TDK gets a Gardevoir, Stax gets a Heatran
needed by: Friday the 19th

edit: it's already done!

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
New thumbnail request!

DOU Winter Seasonal Winners' Finals: Level 51 vs TUO
Level 51 gets a Ludicolo TUO gets a Mega Diancie
Needed by: Friday the 26th

Stratos

Banned deucer.
New thumbnail request!

DOU Winter Seasonal Winners' Finals: Level 51 vs TUO
Level 51 gets a Ludicolo TUO gets a Mega Diancie
Needed by: Friday the 26th
Bump, as this is needed by tomorrow. Someone please heed the call!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Late notice, so sorry about that....

New thumbnail request!

DOU Winter Seasonal Grand Finals Set 1: TUO vs Flame Road
TUO gets a Lando-T, Flame Road gets a Salamence
Needed by: Friday the 5th

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Late notice, so sorry about that....

New thumbnail request!

DOU Winter Seasonal Grand Finals Set 2: TUO vs Flame Road
TUO gets an Amoonguss, Flame Road gets a Mega Garchomp
Needed by: Friday the 11th

DOU Spring Seasonal Round 1: Haruno vs MajorBowman
Haruno gets a Jirachi, MajorBowman gets a Sableye
Needed by: Friday the 18th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)