Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I'm now convinced that these guys go out of their way to try and make Mega Rayquaza broken on purpose in every game they can.

If there's anything that balances that thing it's the disgusting amount of icons it takes to Mega Evolve except oh hey you can use 20 speedups to boost that up to an insane 13 icons. And that's if you don't feel like using Mega Start to circumvent that slow start in the first place!

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Niiiiice such a huge update while I'm still stuck at Deoxys with only 10k left :(
At least caught Zekrom so I won't have to worry about event stages for a whole week.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Used some jewels I got for free to help me plough through the new main stages and I have finally managed to clear them all. If you want an idea of what to expect from the new main stages, read the ensuing hide tag:

Aron: Fairly annoying stage given the HP and disruptions every turn. You might want a Moves +5 here just in case.

Flabébé: Do not worry about the barriers as Flabébé will clear them soon enough. Otherwise it is fairly simple.

Makuhita: Easy itemless though you need the Makuhita to clear the barriers though Cress/Diancie can do the job as well.

Hariyama: Really annoying with top row barriers and well, lots of barriers. Cleared itemless with MMY/Cress/Victini/Diancie.

Munna: Doable itemless though I do not remember most of the stage. There was a lot of Black Clouds though.

Vullaby: Haxorus 3.0.

Musharna: You might want to use Munna or a Barrier Bash user to not get screwed over by Musharna's disruption like I did but I somehow managed to first attempt itemless it with a M-Banette team despite it.

Lairon: Basically a lot of Metal Blocks. Kinda doable itemless with Mega Garchomp.

Gligar: Fairly simple stage with only top row metal blocks to worry about though three mons makes it not too hard. Did itemless with a Mega Swampert team.

Aggron: Loves to lock out the top row with blocks and rocks, at least it does not barrier out the top row. You probably want some items here.

Tympole: Really simple stage, easy to S-Rank itemless.

Nosepass: Top row blocks at the start is the only thing to worry about here.

Floette: Just some barriers every two turns and some barriers at the start, doable itemless.

Mandibuzz: Annoying stage, locks out row 3 with barriers and spawns Mandibuzz every now and then. You probably want either a Mega Start or a DD here.

Spinarak: Very easy stage. Did not even need use a Mega here (Used Braviary/Salamence/Lugia) and an easy S-Rank here as well.

Rattata: Simple stage, just a lot of rocks and that is it.

Ariados: Really annoying stage with those I-like disruptions on either side of the board. Won itemless somehow but you may want a DD here.

Porygon: Haxorus 4.0.

Stunky: Black Cloud hell. Which is utterly irrelevant in turn-based stages, making it easy itemless.

Florges: You can do this itemless with Mega Steelix. All it does it fill the top row with blocks and the bottom row with barriers.

Raticate: Don't remember too much but I know it likes to spawn Raticate and that it's doable itemless.

Chinchou: More Black Clouds is all I remember, but this is doable itemless.

Palpitoad: Annoying stage with its love for barriers. You may want a DD to be safe.

Probopass: Likes summoning blocks and Probopass. Mega Steelix makes this stage doable itemless.

Igglybuff: Use the Igglybuff it spawns to remove the barriers surrounding the middle of the board. Otherwise you can win itemless.

Lanturn: Black clouds around the perimeter with the occasional iron blocks thrown into the mix via disruptions. You can win itemless.

Alomomola: Haxorus 5.0.

Abomasnow: Very hard stage with it locking out most of the top row and the middle of the second row with barriers with some second row wooden blocks thrown into the mix alongside a bottom half mostly barrier'd at the start. Somehow managed to win itemless with Mega Gengar/Emboar/Tyranitar/Dialga if only because I got a late 30-hit combo.

Rayquaza: Compared to the event stages it has way more HP but its only disruption is a single vertical jagged-line of barriers usually involving a centre column. I did this itemless first attempt with Mega Latios/Latias/Dragonite/Diancie.

Swinub: Some Rocks the start which are easy to clear and if you get a big combo it will throw some barriers in the centre, which is easily clearable with Mega Charizard Y. Doable itemless.

Seismitoad: This is a difficult stage. Basically it likes to put barriers along the top two rows (but not a full lockout) with an occasional Seismitoad spawn. You probably want some items here.

Jigglypuff: Board starts with rocks in a heart formation and you have added support in Jigglypuff. Mawile takes too long to mega evolve to be useful from experience but Mega Gengar does the job itemless.

Doduo: Might have high HP but only three Pokémon and non-annoying disruptions make it very easy and it is S-Rankable itemless with a little luck.

Piloswine: Only minorly more annoying than Swinub with four Pokémon, barriers affecting any column but same rows as before. You can do this itemless.

Dodrio: A fair bit of rocks and blocks with blocks appearing from disruptions here makes Mega Aerodactyl worth using. IDK if it is possible itemless since I used DD and Mega Start to clear.

Porygon2: A very annoying stage. Starts out like Haxorus which you have to clear the Porygon and Porygon2 in exactly five moves and if you do not get it right and you do not get lucky with Porygon's Barrier Bash+ (i.e. a board reset happens), you will lose because it starts using disruptions once it loses a few hundred HP which is just random squares becoming a rock, block, barrier, or cloud and this happens every four turns. Once you pass that initial hurdle, the stage is fairly easy, just watch out for the not so annoying after the first stage disruption and the fact that you have Porygon2 support.

Skuntank: More black clouds with an occasional block thrown into the mix. Easy to win itemless.

Wigglytuff: Starts out similar to Jigglypuff except the rocks are now blocks. Disruptions include spawning Wigglytuff and freezing a column with barriers. At least you do not have added support this time which makes this stage doable itemless.

Mega Rayquaza: Okay. At the start of the stage and every two turns after, it will alternate between barriers and blocks, the disruption taking place over a single vertical jagged line. You also have added support in the form of Rayquaza here but it is more of an annoyance than a benefit. Because of its HP and the added support, you might want to shell out for a C-1 here as Mega Start, DD, and Moves +5 may not be enough depending on your luck. Barely managed to S-Rank it with all items on first clear here but yeah, this thing is the only really big paywall of the new stages. Also the item you get to Mega Evolve Mega Rayquaza is a Meteorite. Makes sense given what happened in ORAS.

Also testing Mega Rayquaza at the moment and initial impressions have me fairly underwhelmed though it is much better on timed stages relative to normal stages without speedups or Mega Start. Alongside this I guess I am going to also refuel on coins as well as catch and/or S-Rank things. Next set of Main Stages will be Silbern Museum 2.0 so there will be more main stages.

Last edited:
Pokemon Shuffle Mobile finally becomes available in France and others places in Europe ... Finally ? (But all the events are the same as others countried => Europeans won't be able to compete with others)

How is everyone doing this week ?

I hope nobody will try to do the Shaperdonite ! Since I lose everything, I don't have a very good team, but I will try a full item run to reach this mega stone ! Kyurem is very easy for the first 30 levels even with weak Pokemons. I catch it level 3 (yeah great ....) ! Good luck everyone

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
How is everyone doing this week ?

I hope nobody will try to do the Shaperdonite ! Since I lose everything, I don't have a very good team, but I will try a full item run to reach this mega stone ! Kyurem is very easy for the first 30 levels even with weak Pokemons. I catch it level 3 (yeah great ....) ! Good luck everyone
I caught Kyurem at 5% and 8% at 3Ds and mobiel respectively. Not really motivated to go very far into this EB since I burn my hearts way too fast in timed stages lol

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I went for the Sharpedonite since I did not make the cut last time and managed to top the leaderboard in EU for all of 15 minutes, getting 63,524 with Mega Rayquaza/Heracross/Genesect/Diancie 20 minutes into the competition so I definitely have the stone, but idk if I will end up with a speedup. Currently in the top 70 IIRC atm so yeah.

I am up to Level 56 in the Kyurem Escalation having caught it at 14%. Nice time to level up and train Pyre mons I guess? Need a Mega Blaziken Repeat though...

I took a break from Shuffle, and now I highly regret missing the Mega Rayquazza competition. I'm also in the Sharpedo competition, but just for the jewel.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Mega Rayquaza isn't a competition, it's Main Stage 300 (whereas Rayquaza itself has been added as stage 290). That being said if you're not far in the new set of stages right now you're probably not getting it soon. You'll also need at least 10 Speedups before it starts to be reasonable due to how long it takes to Mega Evolve normally. A surprising amount of people are on the fence about how good it is though, and not everyone will have it by now so you can definitely get the Sharpedonite without using Mega Rayquaza.

Last edited:
How would Mega Rayquaza work for Double Normal set ups? Given the nature of its effect it gives a large amount of "stall" time while it eats icons to form combos, though obviously there is the potential issue of it eating icons you were comboing with.

Mega Rayquaza isn't a competition, it's Main Stage 300 (whereas Rayquaza itself has been added as stage 290). That being said if you're not far in the new set of stages right now you're probably not getting it soon. You'll also need at least 10 Speedups before it starts to be reasonable due to how long it takes to Mega Evolve normally. A surprising amount of people are on the fence about how good it is though, and not everyone will have it by now so you can definitely get the Sharpedonite without using Mega Rayquaza.
I'm at level 149 :( Currently farming Meowth like hell :D
Caught Zekrom with a C-1 + DD with 17 turns left ....

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
How would Mega Rayquaza work for Double Normal set ups? Given the nature of its effect it gives a large amount of "stall" time while it eats icons to form combos, though obviously there is the potential issue of it eating icons you were comboing with.
It's basically a better Mega Gengar when fully invested/Mega Start is used for a couple of reasons:

1) It's not reliant on having lots of it on the field to maximise its effect.
2) You said it, it is great at stalling which allows it to help maintain a combo much more consistently and more often. The eating Icons issue is negligible IMO because the stall gives you ample time to change courses.

That said, Mega Rayquaza is not the only new toy Double Normal teams got last week, Porygon2 is a new addition and is much better relative to other fourth Mon choices due to Crowd Power being much more reliable and powerful and it is much more distinctive so it basically never blends in.

Here's my coin projections for the Kyurem Escalation.

Level 50: can be done itemless. Depending on if you're struggling and how much, Time+10 or Attack Up can help (0, 800, 3000)
Level 100: I did this with just Attack Up, but it was close. Attack Up and Time+10 should be more than enough. (3000, 3800)
Level 150: Can be done with Time+10, DD, and Attack Up. I decided to have peace of mind and used Attack Up and Complexity (5300, 12000)

Through 150, I used a Pure Pyre M-Blaze team on the boss levels. I did use Pyre featuring M-Lucario on levels 61-70, but that's about the only time I used M-Lucario, except to test the water on other level formats when I wanted to see what I was most comfortable using.

Level 200: I am seriously considering M-Ray for the final 3 boss levels, and there have been quite a few people ahead of me who've used that team to great success. Full items from here on out. (16300)

Level 250: See 200 (16300)

Level 300: Same as 200, except prepared to use a jewel if I come up short. Should be close. (16300)
-
Possible extra expenditures below
-
191-199: This is one of the hell gaps. I'm only at 183 right now, but I've heard horror stories about this. Should be relatively easy to do itemless early on, but you may be tempted to throw in a Time+10 towards the end. Some have even used DD in addition. If you can't do it itemless or with just Time+10 early on, I would likely advise against going for 300 unless you have spare jewels to burn. (0, 0-7200, 0-20700)

281-299: Another hell gap, but somewhat easier than 191-199 from the mouths of those who've gotten this far. Still, itemless, Time+10, or Time+10 and DD throughout. I really advise against 300 if you have to do the most costly early on. (0, 0-15200, 0-41400)

Total projected costs (boss levels only, assuming no failures): 57200 minimum, 67700 maximum.
You can adjust these projected costs based on how you cope with 191-199 and 281-299, although I feel like the people willing and able to get that far might only need to use the occasional item, if at all.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Welp just beat level 50 itemless on the second try but I basically had to keep up a 96 combo streak while using M-Charizard while letting the skyfall finish him after I hit 00:00 lol

I used a Attack boost for level 50 and I will probably stop at level 100 ... Currently level 63 ... But my only useful mega here is MegaMawile and she's so slow to mega evolve

Currently at 211. 201-240 is MUCH easier than 191-199. Also, from here on out, on non-boss levels I recommend using Gengar as your Mega. Pyregar would have worked wonders on 191-199 for me, but it's definitely putting in work for 201+. Also, Pyrequaza comes highly recommended for the later boss levels. Definitely a great investment for your Mega Start. And I will definitely be putting all of my speedups into Rayquaza when I hit 20.

Antihaxxer: You don't have M-Lucario or M-Steelix? Lucario is great in the 60s. Set him at the bottom and time your matches to activate right before the disruption begins.

No I lost everything ... So I started everything again :x

Managed to beat lvl 100 Kyurem using C-1 + DD ... I hope there is no event starting tomorrow so I can focus on Normal levels (level 149 currently) ...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
We got for this week:
-Reshiram Great Challenge (Base 80 Fire-type w/ Barrier Bash+)
-Shaymin-Sky High Speed 1 year anniversary challenge (Base 70 Flying-type w/ Power of 4+)
-Thundurus Repeat
-Carnivine Repeat

So an easy week. No idea what is in store next week yet.

Also ended up 193rd in the Sharpedonite competition in EU and got the stone and the Speedup (my first competition speedup). Not bad.

Gonna try to catch Shaymin, then I need to grind coins again (literally only have enough for a single Great Ball).

Reshiram will be really helpful to Fire teams running Kyurem. Nice to have a Base 80 Fire type with a decently useful ability.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Got lucky this time and caught skymin itemless on my first try at 26%. Let's see how tough is reshiram.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Both are doable itemless, Reshiram less so. I have Skymin but I still need to catch Reshiram.

Anyhow this is what we are getting next week:
Mega Abomasnow Competition

Mega Abomasnow, Ice, Base 60, Dex #382
Ability: Erases all Pokémon five rows above and five rows below.
Mega-Bar: 13 icons, 3 speedups available

Ice-typed Mega Lucario who mega evolves really fast.

Diancie Escalation Battle Prizes

Prize for first beating level 10: 5 Hearts
Prize for first beating level 20: 5 Hearts
Prize for first beating level 30: 1 Moves +5
Prize for first beating level 40: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Diancite
Prize for first beating level 60: 1 Moves +5
Prize for first beating level 70: 1 Exp. Points x1.5
Prize for first beating level 80: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 90: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Jewels
Prize for first beating level 130: 10 Hearts
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 180: 10 Hearts
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 250: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 300: 2 Mega Speedup

In Summary:
30 Hearts
2 Moves +5
2 Disruption Delays
1 Diancite
1 Exp. Points ×1.5
1 Mega Start
1 Jewel
5 Mega Speedups

If you want Speedups, you are going to have to go really deep here... The Escalation Battle is turn-based (16 turns) and is part of the one year celebrations.

No Mega Data at the moment.

Are they rushing events now ? It seems they want to finish so fast ... How many pokemon have been catchable (counting different forms) ? 450 ?

Caught Carnivine.
Fail Thundurus.

Will try later Reshiram & Skymim

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Still can't catch reshiram, can't get super catch rate when I need it, will probably just leave it be until the last 2 days while grinding Kyurem up to 200.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)