Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehy

Banned deucer.
this only reinforces my deeply held feeling that the following should be kept off limits in political senses:

children
candidate's family

if you want to kiss a baby do it on your own time

and to me most usages of family are dirty as hell, like 'look at my adorable kids who i totally didn't coach to be a certain way and then show them off to the world'.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We're getting really off track. This has little to do with them being children, but Trump's overall creepy message. Imagine if he had three armed soldiers singing the same thing.

Democratic debate drinking game:

Take a drink every time they say they have tremendous respect for someone.
Take 2 drinks every time they say "to use [candidate]'s words".

And yeah Donald Trump's not gonna win any general election.

Trump's entire campaign kind of teeters on this caucus. If he wins, he's almost guaranteed to sweep the next 4-5 states and possibly win the nomination. If not, he probably won't get the nomination. Today is the day if we see if a Trump presidency is possible.

Sanders is really looking for his big break here against Hillary as well. Excited to see how this turns out!

So ted cruise won Iowa, it is absolutely depressing the way this election is turning out(I would rather have trump than cruise).
Just as a question, I have heard a lot of allegations against Hillary Clinton with some saying that she might go to jail, how likely will this pan out into something that forces her into dropping out of the race?

So ted cruise won Iowa, it is absolutely depressing the way this election is turning out(I would rather have trump than cruise).
Just as a question, I have heard a lot of allegations against Hillary Clinton with some saying that she might go to jail, how likely will this pan out into something that forces her into dropping out of the race?
(BTW It's too close between Hillary and Bernie to call in Iowa atm)

Anyway, Hillary has enough loyal supporters that even if her numbers fell she would probably stay in the race. The only reason I would see her drop out of the race if she was charged with an actual crime, and maybe not even then. I'm pretty sure convicted people aren't allowed to run, but if so nobody would vote for her if she went to Jail.

Also I feel like Ted Cruise is a crazy corrupt bigot but that's really just my opinion. I can't believe I'm saying this, but VOTE TRUMP > CRUZ!!! PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
Anyway, Hillary has enough loyal supporters that even if her numbers fell she would probably stay in the race. The only reason I would see her drop out of the race if she was charged with an actual crime, and maybe not even then. I'm pretty sure convicted people aren't allowed to run, but if so nobody would vote for her if she went to Jail.

Also I feel like Ted Cruise is a crazy corrupt bigot but thats just my opinion imo. I can't believe I'm saying this, but VOTE TRUMP > CRUZ!!! PLEASE!!!
By the way I agree with your last sentiment. Although for me at this point I am pining for Rubio. As for the first thing, I really wonder how likely the actions she has taken are going to force her out of the race.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Please be Bernie Sanders.
If it's Trump, the whole planet will die. (Yes it matters)
The only electable Republican is Rubio, Cruz and Trump are too polarizing to even stand a chance (basically those who aren't pro-Trump are usually really anti-Trump). I don't worry about them, I just hope Sanders beats Clinton (against all odds, but there have been more upsets in american elections in the past so I don't rule it out) because Clinton is basically just a seat warmer.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
The only electable Republican is Rubio, Cruz and Trump are too polarizing to even stand a chance (basically those who aren't pro-Trump are usually really anti-Trump). I don't worry about them, I just hope Sanders beats Clinton (against all odds, but there have been more upsets in american elections in the past so I don't rule it out) because Clinton is basically just a seat warmer.
Rubio is only acceptable when compared to Cruz and Trump. Just because he's not as wacko as those two does not make him a moderate.

If Cruz wins I will be legitimately scared of how he will lead this country, I just can't believe people would vote for someone who thinks climate change is a pseudoscience. People are more stupid than I thought.

Reactions: JES
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)