Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hello, I apologize if this has been answered before, but I did spend quite a bit of time online searching about Fire-Red rng and I have found nothing relating to how to rng eggs.

The pokemon I want to get is a Shiny Aerodactyl, naive nature, 31 speed, 31 attack, and 31 special attack. The rest of the IV's do not really matter.

I can easily make this pokemon in HGSS, but I cannot get the move double-edge on it unless I create it in a gen3 game.

In order to get this pokemon, I need to know how to RNG my TID and SID in the beginning of FireRed, and later on how to use this information to breed a shiny aerodactyl.

I have no idea how to proceed, but I have a solid foundation in RNGing HGSS pokemon.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hello, I apologize if this has been answered before, but I did spend quite a bit of time online searching about Fire-Red rng and I have found nothing relating to how to rng eggs.

The pokemon I want to get is a Shiny Aerodactyl, naive nature, 31 speed, 31 attack, and 31 special attack. The rest of the IV's do not really matter.

I can easily make this pokemon in HGSS, but I cannot get the move double-edge on it unless I create it in a gen3 game.

In order to get this pokemon, I need to know how to RNG my TID and SID in the beginning of FireRed, and later on how to use this information to breed a shiny aerodactyl.

I have no idea how to proceed, but I have a solid foundation in RNGing HGSS pokemon.
I will PM you :)

You have to look up the EV value granted by the Pokemon you defeat. I usually use Serebii's pokedex for that. If you look near under the ability section, you'll see a section called "Effort Values Earned". For example, a Zubat grants you 1 EV every time you defeat it (provided you're not using a Power Item and your Pokemon doesn't have Pokerus).
That's what I thought. I'll get the stats and get the SID.

Now that I understand IVs and EVs, it looks like I could've used the PID/SID calculator I had in the first place. But I'll stick to manual; that thing takes forever to scan (unless it won't now that I have all the data for the calculator...).
So close and yet so far away! I finally got around to leveling up my shiny a full 12 levels to get the IVs on Metalkid (knew I shoulda looked up Exp Share EVs in the first place). So I went back to the Shaymin calculator and entered the data, but nothing happened. So I tried replacing the IVs with the leveled-up stats and got a slew of SIDs. But then I realized that part of the calculated data included values for stats. Sure enough, only one result matched these stats to my IVs.
So is that one result that matches my IVs my SID? Or am I royally screwed? I could recalculate the IVs or use the RNG to calculate PID, then manually calculate SID, but I'd prefer not.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
If you're getting one result that matches the shiny you have (i.e. proper gender/IVs/nature/generation method/etc) then the SID listed there should be your SID. If you use the IVs to PID tool in the RNG Reporter, the results it gives you will have your SID listed as well. So there's not really a need to calculate your SID manually.

If you're getting one result that matches the shiny you have (i.e. proper gender/IVs/nature/generation method/etc) then the SID listed there should be your SID. If you use the IVs to PID tool in the RNG Reporter, the results it gives you will have your SID listed as well. So there's not really a need to calculate your SID manually.
Well gang, thanks to everyone who has helped me with this. This has taught me a lot about how the games work. I now have my SID and a means of double-checking with another shiny if I find one. So put the following where it will help people like me:
How to calculate SID in Pokemon Platinum:
1. Catch a shiny
2. Enter its info into the calculator at http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx
3. If you get an IV range, your Pokemon is too low level. To level it up fast, give it an Exp. Share and have another Pokemon battle Pokemon with high Exp. Point yields. Recommended locations are the Battle Zone (island accessed from Snowpoint), Pokemon League, Victory Road, and the Pelippers in the water right in front of the league (they're really high level and have practically harmless movesets). Keep track of your Pokemon's stats and EVs as you level up (Serebii's 4th Gen Pokedex will have EV yields). NOTE: This is for data collection only; if you don't want these level ups to be permanent, DON'T save and TURN OFF your system when you're done.
4. Once you have exact IVs from Metalkid, go to http://shaym.in/apps/iv_checker
5. Enter your shiny's info into the calculator, substituting IVs for your shiny's stats at the level that gave you the IVs
6. Click SID from Stats
7. Look through the results and find the result with the stats that match your shiny's IVs. This is your SID!
Bonus: Use http://www.thepikaclub.co.uk/tools/Munchlax/munchlax.php?tid=41345&tid= to find your Munchlax trees with your TID and SID!

Last edited:
Need some help:

So, my ID is 28814 and my SID is 28800. I'm going for a cute charm shiny spread on 2016 06 30 time 1:56:30 with a delay of 2078. This is in Pokémon Diamond.

I had a female lead Clefairy with Cute Charm, fainted, at the front. I hit my delay and then I incremented my frames to 118. Out came Roselia, exactly who I was looking for. She was not shiny, but Roselia did have the exact nature Timid and hex 31 IVs, just like my spread indicates -- but it wasn't shiny. What did I do wrong? Thanks!

In addendum and probably the part that is tripping me up, RNGReporter says Cute Charm(Female), does that mean it requires a male Cute Charm lead? Thanks!

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Need some help:

So, my ID is 28814 and my SID is 28800. I'm going for a cute charm shiny spread on 2016 06 30 time 1:56:30 with a delay of 2078. This is in Pokémon Diamond.

I had a female lead Clefairy with Cute Charm, fainted, at the front. I hit my delay and then I incremented my frames to 118. Out came Roselia, exactly who I was looking for. She was not shiny, but Roselia did have the exact nature Timid and hex 31 IVs, just like my spread indicates -- but it wasn't shiny. What did I do wrong? Thanks!
You actually need to have a Male Cute Charm lead, not a female. If you change the options for the Cute Charm gender in the main window, you'll see that having the incorrect gender on your Cute Charm Pokemon leads to a wild encounter with the right nature/IVs, but is not shiny. So all you need to change is the gender of your Clefairy, and you should get your Roselia!

edit: and yes to your addendum ;)

For my next question!

So, I'm looking to abuse my TID/SID for Cute Charm spreads. This time I'm looking to do Adamant, but no matter what I do, the Adamant spreads are only on encounter slot 0. The specific pokemon I would like to get is in encounter slot 2 and 6, is there anything I can do about this or do I resign myself to the fact that I can't catch it as Adamant? Thanks!

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For my next question!

So, I'm looking to abuse my TID/SID for Cute Charm spreads. This time I'm looking to do Adamant, but no matter what I do, the Adamant spreads are only on encounter slot 0. The specific pokemon I would like to get is in encounter slot 2 and 6, is there anything I can do about this or do I resign myself to the fact that I can't catch it as Adamant? Thanks!
The encounter slots appear for a flawless Adamant spread if you don't use a Cute Charm lead (although obviously it seriously limits the utility of that spread).

Other encounter slots also occur for Cute Charm Adamant spreads if you choose to RNG on (I'm assuming you're still discussing Diamond) HGSS - where you can get a lot of the same Pokémon and many many more, and more interesting Poké Balls (IMO).

But no, if you're set on Cute Charm Adamant spreads on Diamond, there doesn't seem to be any for other encounter slots.

There's also a pretty good chance that the Pokémon you're looking for appears in Encounter Slot 0, even if as a different evolution (at least from a cursory glance over the encounter slots).

The encounter slots appear for a flawless Adamant spread if you don't use a Cute Charm lead (although obviously it seriously limits the utility of that spread).

Other encounter slots also occur for Cute Charm Adamant spreads if you choose to RNG on (I'm assuming you're still discussing Diamond) HGSS - where you can get a lot of the same Pokémon and many many more, and more interesting Poké Balls (IMO).

But no, if you're set on Cute Charm Adamant spreads on Diamond, there doesn't seem to be any for other encounter slots.

There's also a pretty good chance that the Pokémon you're looking for appears in Encounter Slot 0, even if as a different evolution (at least from a cursory glance over the encounter slots).
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it's a Scyther Ability 1 Adamant, so it doesn't really appear much of anywhere and not at all in HGSS.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it's a Scyther Ability 1 Adamant, so it doesn't really appear much of anywhere and not at all in HGSS.
If you're planning to transfer it to Generation 6, Ability # isn't a concern since you can just use the Ability Capsule once you get it to Gen 6. [Not relevant to RNG advice, just as information.]

(It does also appear in the Bug Catching Contest in HGSS... But that's quite a chore for RNG.)

If you're planning to transfer it to Generation 6, Ability # isn't a concern since you can just use the Ability Capsule once you get it to Gen 6. [Not relevant to RNG advice, just as information.]

(It does also appear in the Bug Catching Contest in HGSS... But that's quite a chore for RNG.)
I am, but it's going to be a ribbon project so I need Technician for Battle Tower. Thanks for the advice, though!

For my next question!

Use the PokeRadar to start a chain of Scyther and RNG the second encounter.

4th Gen RNG Pokémon Platinum question:

I'm trying to do a RNG capture on the dreaded Route 210. I have searched throughout the thread for ideas on how to stop the moving NPCs and still be able to confirm my delay. I'm hitting my delay pretty consistently, but my frames are all over the place. Does anyone have any advice? I saw something about standing next to the NPC on 210 N and using VS Seeker. I also saw about doing a flip and immediately hitting x.

At this point, I'm strongly considering hitting x as soon as I get in, doing my frame advancements and sweet scenting without confirming my delay. Does anyone have any better ideas? Thanks in advance.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
The Vs Seeker can be used to stop some moving NPCs (but not all), so I'd definitely see if you can use that. If you can't stop all of them though, then there's not really a good way to verify your delay (since coin flips would be out). I'd recommend bringing up the menu ASAP (don't worry about that 1 coin flip, I'm not sure what that would get you). From there you can try to find where you are (and if you hit your seed) by following the pattern of the Chatot pitches.

If you're still worried you might not get the right delay, you may want to try to dial in your timer on a Route without NPCs. That way you can have a reasonable chance of getting the right delay when you go to Route 210.

Use the PokeRadar to start a chain of Scyther and RNG the second encounter.
Ok, so I did some reading about Pokeradar abuse and I'm confused as to how this would work. From what I gather, I would need to hit my seed, take my chances that I run into a Scyther, and then advance occidentary frames or what? Any help would be appreciated.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Ok, so I did some reading about Pokeradar abuse and I'm confused as to how this would work. From what I gather, I would need to hit my seed, take my chances that I run into a Scyther, and then advance occidentary frames or what? Any help would be appreciated.
Supplementing the guide:

After confirming your seed, activate the Radar and move next to a regular patch (since Scyther is not a radar exlusive). While facing away from the patch, advance the frame to [frame with desired encounter slot]-2. Then turn/walk into the patch to encounter your desired Pokemon. Note that (re: your previous question) this process might not be trivial if NPCs are present. This will get your a chain of 1 with your desired Pokemon.

Catch the Pokemon, confirm the frame the Pokemon was generated on, then look at the Occidentary Frame + (6 to 12) in the RNG Reporter. You can figure out exactly where you are by comparing the Chatot pitches.

Recharge the Pokeradar by running 50 steps and move back to the center of your grassy area (making sure not to run into any of the patches that shook from the first time you use the Radar). Confirm where you are again with Chatot pitches, and advance the frame to [frame from Researcher]-5 (I'm assuming you'll want to go for a patch 4 shiny). Reactivate the Pokeradar and a shiny patch will appear (assuming you're on the right frame).

Now, move next to the shiny patch, advance the remaining frames to be right before your target shiny, then walk into the patch to (finally) encounter your shiny.

Pokeradar RNG is rather involved (as you can see), so if you don't care about the Pokeball you may want to consider breeding your Scyther.

Supplementing the guide:

After confirming your seed, activate the Radar and move next to a regular patch (since Scyther is not a radar exlusive). While facing away from the patch, advance the frame to [frame with desired encounter slot]-2. Then turn/walk into the patch to encounter your desired Pokemon. Note that (re: your previous question) this process might not be trivial if NPCs are present. This will get your a chain of 1 with your desired Pokemon.

Catch the Pokemon, confirm the frame the Pokemon was generated on, then look at the Occidentary Frame + (6 to 12) in the RNG Reporter. You can figure out exactly where you are by comparing the Chatot pitches.

Recharge the Pokeradar by running 50 steps and move back to the center of your grassy area (making sure not to run into any of the patches that shook from the first time you use the Radar). Confirm where you are again with Chatot pitches, and advance the frame to [frame from Researcher]-5 (I'm assuming you'll want to go for a patch 4 shiny). Reactivate the Pokeradar and a shiny patch will appear (assuming you're on the right frame).

Now, move next to the shiny patch, advance the remaining frames to be right before your target shiny, then walk into the patch to (finally) encounter your shiny.

Pokeradar RNG is rather involved (as you can see), so if you don't care about the Pokeball you may want to consider breeding your Scyther.
Thanks for the advice. I'm still back and forth on it.

On a separate question, I used RNGReporter to abuse TID/SID for Pokémon Emerald successfully. My problem seems to be that my frame may be over 500 million. When I try to run over that frame number, it crashes my RNGReporter. The Calculate PID from IVs said I did everything right, but I'm guessing my frame is even higher than that. How can I find out what frame that is or should I try for a different TID/Sid? Thanks for everyone's help!

On a separate question, I used RNGReporter to abuse TID/SID for Pokémon Emerald successfully. My problem seems to be that my frame may be over 500 million. When I try to run over that frame number, it crashes my RNGReporter. The Calculate PID from IVs said I did everything right, but I'm guessing my frame is even higher than that. How can I find out what frame that is or should I try for a different TID/Sid? Thanks for everyone's help!
Where'd you get that frame from? I would never, ever, ever suggest running a frame of 500mil, especially just for an id/sid combo. Go for a new id. The time youd save from just resetting for a new id compared to the months itd take to get to 500mil is astronomical

Where'd you get that frame from? I would never, ever, ever suggest running a frame of 500mil, especially just for an id/sid combo. Go for a new id. The time youd save from jusy resetting for a new id compared to the months itd take to get to 500mil is astronomical
Well, it's not the frame of the ID/SID. I had RNGd the ID/SID and then could not find the frame searching Method 1 with the TID/SID that were supposed to be shiny. Looking through the forums, quite a bit of the spreads are over 500 million even with manipulated TID/SID

Supplementing the guide:

Since you've already got a good shiny spread you don't need to do any of the stuff related to shiny patches/chained shiny method, just the stuff about starting a chain and how much activating the radar/stepping into patches advances the RNG.
I don't really understand what you're asking, but I take it this is emu? If so you can view your current seed in the memory (google should be able to point you to the address).
If you really need RNG reporter to show higher frames just set it to start at a higher frame.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Well, it's not the frame of the ID/SID. I had RNGd the ID/SID and then could not find the frame searching Method 1 with the TID/SID that were supposed to be shiny. Looking through the forums, quite a bit of the spreads are over 500 million even with manipulated TID/SID
You need to use Kaphotics' "findframe.py" or something similar. You put in a PID and it tells you exactly what frame it will be on. And yes spreads over 500 million are quite commonplace in Emerald RNG.

I'm currently getting "alternate" spreads when trying to RNG an egg in Emerald. What should I do? Should I choose a spread on the alternate method with my current save and aim for it? Should I re-save and possibly remove and re-deposit my parents in daycare in hopes of getting the regular method back? If I change parents, I can aim for a much faster spread on alternate, but with my luck, it will go back to normal then...

I'm currently getting "alternate" spreads when trying to RNG an egg in Emerald. What should I do? Should I choose a spread on the alternate method with my current save and aim for it? Should I re-save and possibly remove and re-deposit my parents in daycare in hopes of getting the regular method back? If I change parents, I can aim for a much faster spread on alternate, but with my luck, it will go back to normal then...
Honestly, I can't really help you there. I've had a lot of experience with all three spreads on both retail and emulator. I have no idea what triggers it, but I would go for the alternate spread if you can. They are usually earlier in the frames than the regular ones are, so you can have more tries in less time. Are you timing with a stopwatch?

If you're doing this on emulator, you can generate a list of frames that will give you your target spread (both for Normal and Alternate), and then check each frame using Save States. It's time consuming, but it works.

Otherwise, stick to what Thomaz suggested.

Best of luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)