SPL VII - Salty Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Cbb, you know your my breh and all but reyscarface is making you look like a fucking pussy.
Let me give you a lesson in basic psychology. People who talk shit and talk down on other people usually do so because they have low self-esteem. They're trying to compensate for their lack of self worth by putting on a facade of superiority. When push comes to shove, they'll crawl back into whatever crevices they came out of. Hope you feel more intelligent after reading that.

I know some clueless user is going to quote me and make a silly comment like, "haven't you been doing that yourself?" No. I have the means and substance to back up my claims, and I have no issue flaunting them.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Laurel is a nice kid and a pretty good player and I really have no beef with him. His "sit on my face please" attitude just gets on my damn nerves. That's all.

Tele

a quality human being
You want the beef? Here's a chronicle of the beef!

Finchinator vs CasedVictory

Cased and I go back to when I started playing (Aug/Sept 2011 - I was 12 years and 11 months old at the time, for reference) when we were both on the Smogon Pokemon Online server - this is during mid-BW1 for those who weren't around back then. We were fairly friendly tbh, both of us just hung around the server and played low-mid ladder, if I recall correctly. There were also a couple other dudes that we sorta hung with - Ripamon, Moet, TGMD, APimpNamedSlickBack, JP, GraffiMonkey, and probably a few others whose names aren't on the top of my (or Cased's) head atm. Neither of us really had a main tier although I know personally we both played OU the most by far - I used this beauty to do quite well on the ladder after some months, for reference, and then some random ass sun team. At this time, Cased also narrated some battles - this one was me (josidfin) vs Cased that he uploaded to pokemoshpit beta. As you can see by that sexy hail team, Cased was even an innovator back in 2012!

As 2012 progressed, we both started playing more on the Pokemon Online PO server because Smogon was transitioning to PS quick and at the time, I wasn't very fond of that (for me, it lagged a lot and it was much harder to actually play on something web-based than downloadable, so I never played PS seriously until 2013) and idk about Cased, but he stuck on PO, too. By this point in time, Cased had taken up NU and I had developed into an OUer. Oh yea, this was POCL btw (editting it in for clarification) Cased started out by upsetting Zebraiken and going 4-0 (finished 5-2) while I started out by choking vs Lavos kinda badly in a game where I used some aids rain stall, but I bounced back and finished 3-2. We also both joined the Xclus clan alongside Meeps where we did a fair amount of cringeworthy shit.

Neither of us made SPL that year although Cased (CaseKace at the time) almost got picked over the failure known as Sweet Jesus and Limitless "promised" to pick me although I'm 99% sure I wouldn't ended up like a puppet (see: Jason), so I guess it was a bullet dodged for me! Bonus: Here is a conversation Limitless has with me late in November 2012 about SPL. The man tried to get me (I had no knowledge of the rules at the time and never went through w/ it - also, for those wondering for some clarification about the college line and don't know this story, here is some explanation, but it's off-topic for this post) to change my forum name to get me for 3k when I was already irrelevant and a noname at the time - good fucking manager alert! If I said anything cringeworthy in that log, I blame it on the fact that I was 14 and new! POWC came around in late Winter/early Spring 2013 - Cased dominated BW NU and I dominated BW UU (my new main tier at the time)...everything was solid!

The real tension between the two of us started when we managed a POCL team together in 2013 - the Arsenal Arcanines. Cased played NU and did pretty poorly (finished 3-4) with some really shitty luck and he also used Limber Ditto. Turned out that one of the Italian try-out dudes (AuroStox) we picked that did well in BW OU was an alt of Luck>Skill, so he got banned during midseason by Hikari and his wins were stripped...we dropped from first place to third and then our second half was full of defeat, salt, anger, disagreements, etc. and we failed to make the playoffs! We both tried out for SPL - him in NU and me in UU. He had a bit of a connection with the Cryonicles through Blimlax, so he was their goto NU pick all along. I also tried out for the Cryos and beat Royalty a bit, so I figured there was a good chance I'd get picked. They ended up picking Royalty (who was the worst fucking BW UU player of all time, by the way, and finished 0-3 iirc) and Fatty (who was actually a good pick, but didn't start initially). I was quite salty over this and I acted pretty immature in some PO chats about it, ngl. Cased made these photoshopped pictures (I can only find two, idr if there were more/how many more there were), which are quite funny in hindsight, but made me upset back when they were made.

Cased did quite well that tour (finished 7-4) and I just sorta sulked on PO for a couple months while he sorta mocked me with the "I'm in SPL" line in a sorta condescending fashion. I was basically asking for it given how I acted and it always provoked a mad reaction, so neither of us were really "innocent" here, in my opinion, but it's not like it mattered because it was just stupid arguing and making fun of in a PO chat some nights. Time passed and we both found ourselves on the deflated, undermanned US Central roster of 2014. I started and he didn't because I went fucking full try-hard in try-outs and well idk why he didn't start, but it made Cased sorta annoyed at Zeb, if I recall correctly. I went 2-1, but my lone legitimate win was against SnowCristal (I got a sorta controversial timeout win when I used a shitty stall team vs Mister "based god? my balls" Reptile). The thing is that my loss against Unbirthday was incredibly embarrassing (I even knew her team...just played like shit) and Cased talked a lot of shit about it right after I left in the IRC channel - the day I lost was July 4th 2014, so I went out for fireworks or something, iirc. Anyway, I happened to hear about that and got quite annoyed because he hadn't even played a game and eventually finished 0-1 and he was talking like I hyped myself up for nothing (which, I mean, I did, but only to pump up the team and try to have us comeback and get into playoff contention about 2/3 the way through). Overall, I got sorta angry and Central didn't finish very strong that year...there was some salt from my end and a bit of a lasting tension.

I managed to make a bit of a name for myself through making it to STour 18 playoffs and losing in a close series to McM, so I played in the next SPL and eventually ended up in NU - Cased's own tier. We played week five and there was a bit of salt surrounding it - here was the game (not going to go into if the hax mattered or not a year later), here was the salt, and here was a nice meme! For the next couple weeks we went on and off between bitching at each other over the game/potential clean outcomes and testing with each other for our own matches, so it wasn't fully salty between the two of us and it never really has been, but there's been a certain level of it for a couple years.

During the most recent WCOP, we were both on Central again and we got into disagreements a couple times a week. At one point, we got into an argument over a BW team I made for Shoka that had fast support Tran w/ HP Ice as a filler and LO Mienshao because he disliked it while I liked it and we never really reached an agreement, but I'm pretty sure d0nut and maybe Hikari (ik the former was on that night, idr if the latter was on the whole time tho) can attest to the level of stupidity and relentlessness both of us exhibited in arguing with each other over something as small as one team that I didn't even seriously consider using regardless. Despite fighting like children and Cased sort of getting on the nerves of a couple people with his tough love sorta teammating (which I understood, I simply didn't employ to the harsh extent that he did), we were still always working together to help our team improve and while Cased can sometimes be a menace, we did end up working together well enough to lead our team to the playoffs for the first time in many years, so I'll take it and I'll leave it at this without bringing up anymore specific arguments/tension for the sake of US Central's future team synergy, haha.

Since then, Cased has had his various incidents insulting/antagonzing people that have rubbed me the wrong way and I've consistently called him out for that and they've spiraled into arguments like the ones we often have, but nothing really out of the ordinary at this point given our long history of doing this. We still get along a fair amount of the time and I certainly don't hate Cased, but all of the salt miners out there probably dig this post, so hope ya'll enjoyed the history lesson.

for some reason i can't like ur post tele but let it be known that i clicked the button to do so

galbiaexplains: he posted the same exact post before that and he deleted it, you probably tried to like that

Last edited by a moderator:

Tele

a quality human being
Laurel is a nice kid and a pretty good player and I really have no beef with him. His "sit on my face please" attitude just gets on my damn nerves. That's all.
laurel's more like the verlisify of smogon. anyway tell me when you are doing your 3000th post cos i wanna be the 1st to put a like

CrashinBoomBang vs reyscarface
Stratos vs checkmater75
Braverius vs n1n1
King UU vs Calloflochie
Finchinator vs CasedVictory

Finch destroy cased for the good of smogon :^)

Alright Whitequeen I'll play you. I'm not posting a stupid ass sticky note on my forehead because theres a -1000% chance you will.

we need n1n1 vs braverius usage stats, imo
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + --- + ------- + ------ +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use | Usage % | Win %  |
| 1    | Jirachi            | 6   | 60.00%  | 33.33% |
| 2    | Amoonguss          | 4   | 40.00%  | 50.00% |
| 2    | Kangaskhan         | 4   | 40.00%  | 25.00% |
| 4    | Charizard          | 3   | 30.00%  | 66.67% |
| 4    | Landorus-Therian   | 3   | 30.00%  | 66.67% |
| 4    | Diancie            | 3   | 30.00%  | 33.33% |
| 4    | Hoopa-Unbound      | 3   | 30.00%  |  0.00% |
| 8    | Talonflame         | 2   | 20.00%  | 100.0% |
| 8    | Gourgeist          | 2   | 20.00%  | 50.00% |
| 8    | Hitmontop          | 2   | 20.00%  | 50.00% |
| 8    | Thundurus          | 2   | 20.00%  | 50.00% |
| 8    | Rotom-Wash         | 2   | 20.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Azumarill          | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Conkeldurr         | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Gorebyss           | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Heatran            | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Kingdra            | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Mawile             | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Mew                | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Politoed           | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Raichu             | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Sableye            | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Salamence          | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Swampert           | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Sylveon            | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Terrakion          | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Tyrantrum          | 1   | 10.00%  | 100.0% |
| 13   | Blastoise          | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Cradily            | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Excadrill          | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Hippowdon          | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Latios             | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Magmar             | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Manaphy            | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Rhydon             | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |
| 13   | Victini            | 1   | 10.00%  |  0.00% |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)