Kingdom of Loathing

So, if you don't know, Kingdom of Loathing (Or K.o.L) is an old MMORPG still being updated to this day. It's a quirky yet basic game with plenty of humor to go around and a pencil drawn art style. If you haven't played it, give it a shot, it's free. Anyways, this thread is for everything K.o.L. Anything you like, something you wish was changed, your own personal review of the game, some funny moments you had, etc. BTW, I haven't played in a long time (But I plan on coming back there soon), so excuse me for not knowing about any recent events on there.

Personally, I really enjoy K.o.L! When I first started, I got addicted really easy, not helpful with the 30 adventures per day limit. While I did wish the battling had something to help spice it up since the battling got boring after a while, the humor kept me going. While I was still addicted, I actually got really hooked on K.o.L's own in-game TCG, Alice's Army. While I do enjoy the game, I do wish that you could actually fight with other adventurers, instead of just mailing em' items or giving them buffs to help them. But, I can't complain, it was still a great game, and I can't wait to start playing under a new file again! BTW, it's always fun to see people's reactions when they first get the Sword of Inappropriate Prepositions(If that's what it's even called) :^)

I have a couple of playthroughs on KOL. But the daily turn mechanic is an absolute bitch, its literally the only reason I stopped playing. Everything else is pretty excellent. Give it a shot if you like subversive self-aware games and you're a bit of a hipster.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh wow, I haven't thought about KoL in ages. I played it back in college maybe? At least a decade ago, I had no idea it's still around. Great game.

Oh wow, I haven't thought about KoL in ages. I played it back in college maybe? At least a decade ago, I had no idea it's still around. Great game.
It's not all that popular anymore, but there's enough of a fan base that they still update it, do maintenance, and do stuff relating to recent events, like Easter and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)