Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Light Screen
- Protect
Basically like a majority of Diancie+Jirachi teams this team centers around Jirachi redirecting attacks away from any of its partners that want to do something (i.e. Diancie spamming attacks freely or Manaphy setting up Tail Glow+attacking) and things like AV Landorus-T and Mega Diancie help protect Jirachi from losing to fire types so easily. Talonflame deals with bulky [or offensive ]grasses like Mega Venusaur or Amoonguss or Ferrothorn for Mega Diancie and Manaphy mostly. Virizion gets rid of those annoying bulky waters while dealing a large amount to Mega Kangaskhan. Speaking of Mega Kangaskhan, it can ravage half this team provided it is under the right conditions (i.e. Tailwind or Trick Room), which is why Intimidate from Landorus-T greatly benefits my mons. Landorus-T also helps against opposing Landorus-T, since it can Knock Off their Choice Scarf and tank the other one's hits very well.
--------------
Specific sets
--------------

This is a pretty standard Manaphy for the most part. I think some run 108 Speed to beat Breloom and stuff, but I like the additional special attack for KOing things, and since I already have Jirachi/Diancie/Talonflame I think it's pretty good without the speed.

Talonflame shits on people (get it haha because it's a bird) and very much shits on grass types that are about to easily take Mega Diancie's Diamond Storms or Manaphy's Ice Beams. I like Roost.

Literally the smogdex set.

^

Assault Vest Landorus-T serves better than Scarf Landorus-T as a switch-in to special attacks (more specifically Heatran and Zard) and with the freedom of move switching can do a multitude of things. Knocking Off opposing Scarfs is cool too.

I ran Light Screen because I wanted to completely fuck up zard y instead of only having av lando-t+mega diancie, and opposing mega diancie/icy wind gengar/subtran/aegislash could give problems if I don't have the right mons out especially since most of those can deal with their switch-ins pretty well

Last edited:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 56 SpA / 92 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 SpA / 128 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

I usually just look at the teams posted for each week but this one piqued my interest. The main idea of the team is to set up with manaphy while being able to heal up with rest and rain dance thundurus I. That was my initial core.

The ev spread on manaphy is just to make it bulky all around. LO talonflame's brave bird is never a 2HKO, and it also lives a LO thundurus I thunderbolt, allowing manaphy to rest up back to full. The speed out speeds positive max base 70s, bisharp and breloom being the key ones. Manaphy can either go for a burn on bisharp or ice beam breloom before being hit. the rest of the evs went into SpAtk.

Standard life Orb thundurus with rain dance over flash cannon to support manaphy and also aid vs sun leads.

I was then very weak to opposing grasses so I went with talonflame to hit them hard and fast. overheat over flare blitz for aegislash which could also be a problem as without a tail glow, manaphy is a bit weak. the evs still out speed positive base 110s but it gives overheat a bit more power.

Rock slide, hyper voice, dragons and diancie + jirachi were looking like big problems so I went with WG WP aegislash to patch all of those issues up. the speed means aegislash out speeds positive base 100s under tailwind.

I added landorus for intimidate, another diancie + jirachi check and also a switchin for electric moves, as thundurus could just spam thunderbolt against my team. Standard scarf set.

I got to the end of the team and realised I had no mega, and kangaskhan provided fake out support for setting up tailwind, setting up tail glow, or spreading yellow magic. as I didn't have any way of supporting a set up with kanga, I went with low kick + double edge.

A replay showing that the team works well, but I didn't get to show manaphy off (although it took a couple of hits like a boss)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-326868515

and also, well done to memoric having the longest running project in doubles ever

Last edited:
>Light screen Virizion

I have to ask why.
idk got bored of thinking of a third slot for it, can you blame me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
also I wanted to completely fuck up zard y instead of only having av lando-t+mega diancie, and opposing mega diancie/icy wind gengar/subtran/aegislash could give problems if I don't have the right mons out especially since most of those can deal with their switch-ins pretty well

tbh, virizion gets better support options, like taunt and quick guard, and even worry seed and helping hand if you wanna be a special snowflake real af

Manaphy @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Disable
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 228 Atk / 96 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

so let me start by saying there's pretty much zero reason to ever use manaphy over azumarill. if you wanna use this team in a serious game or whatever, swap manaphy for azu, and you'd be good to go. so the only weird choice on this team, i think, is thunder darkrai. even factoring in possible misses, thunder has a better chance of ohkoing keldeo than thunderbolt, and this team is kinda keld weak. which it wouldnt be if you were using azu. i chose disable over will o wisp or something else because it helps set up. I didnt really feel like doing a complicated spread for manaphy, so i just put enough speed to outspeed fast hoopa and threw the rest into hp and spatk. i think thats about it, manaphy+tailwind is pretty threatening, but azu is better at that so yeah. azu>manaphy

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

tupac is still alive

mitochondria (Manaphy) @ Sitrus Berry
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

hashtag (Talonflame) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

checkmater (Jirachi) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

teal6 (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 128 Atk / 204 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect

yoda2798 (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Protect

lana del seldo (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

manaphy obviously star of the show
shiny manaphy is cute af and i went with tail glow which can be strong especially together with jirachi
i guess you could go ice beam over energy ball but i felt like energy ball was strong because energy ball kinda catches other water-types offguard and I already have like kyube with yummy ice coverage

i wanted to go with talonflame to fuck up suns shit as well as ludicolo and just other grass-types. also i wanted to have a ferrothorn check as well as something to check jirachi because jirachi is super strong at the moment
i guess you could go overheat over flare blitz i just dont mind killing off my talonflame i guess
third move you could go for anything really such as taunt or something i just went with tailwind because you have a manaphy gardevoir hoopa on this team that all 3 heavily benefit from tailwind

i originally had amoonguss in this spot but i changed it around because i was extremely talonflame weak now im a bit less talonflame weak but whatever, it really helps with setting up tail glows for manaphy with follow me support. iron head obviously and i went with icy wind because speed control is swag and lastly protect. also went with safety goggles because i have no grass-type on this team
i went with talkingtrees EV spread but there might be a much better ev spread out there somehwere

hoopa-unbound sounded like a good cresselia and jirachi check and overall i think its just a very fun mon to use with really interesting mechanisc. you can fit basically anything in this last spot i just went with gunk shot but honestly u can use drainpunch/ice punch and be ok
i went with arcticblasts ev spread but again there might be a much better ev spread out there

i find gardevoir an extremely fun mon to use and i feel like it was an ok mon on this team because kyurem-black check and just fun.
standard hyper voice psyshock not really surprising
taunt last move because i felt like i wanted taunt somewhere ayy lmaoi

this team is pretty weak to talon and i really like scarf kyube so i thought lets go with this then for a kyube + talon check
ok hear me out im retarded but i went with scarf draco meteor because you can OHKO any kyurem-black now however if it doesnt work just switch to dragon claw
i went with fusion bolt because you can ko talonflame after it got recoil dmg from brave bird and i finished the set off with ice beam earthpower

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
After delaying this for IRL sickness reasons, we can get to votin' again! To vote, just post in bold the name of the guy you're voting for.

n10sit
Derivatives
AuraRayquaza
megacyber
meloettaaa

Deadline of voting on Sunday GMT Noon o,o

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Apologies if this was late, I was procrastinating for finals and forgot about this lol. Anyways, with a clean two-vote lead, Meloettaaa takes the week with his team, tupac is still alive,,,

This week:

Porygon2 - With typing that gives it only one weakness, solid bulk with an Eviolite, and access to reliable recovery in Recover, Porygon2 makes a name for itself as a hard to KO Pokemon. It can be a really damn bulky Trick Room setter though it can be decent in another bulky supportive role as well. Still, it can be somewhat of a momentum killer and its lack of resists doesn't really help with overall team synergy. Yeah!

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on next Friday, noon GMT+1.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

n10's real team

So p2 is best used as a Trick Room setter, so that's the team I want to build. I like to start with my mega, since the correct Trick Room mega can make or break a team. I picked Ampharos because it beats 2 major priority threats to Trick Room teams, Azumarill and Talonflame. Next, I pick Scrafty because it's bulky and its Fake Out allows me to set up Trick Room. I go with Assault Vest and Ice Punch for coverage and extreme bulk. Next, I pick Heatran because I'm very weak to Sylveon and Gardevoir so far. I even go with a Life Orb set with Flash Cannon, and I really like how much damage this does. Next, I add in the mon of the week, Porygon2, and I use the standard analysis set. It's a great bulky Trick Room setter. The 5th mon I pick is offensive Reuniclus. This is easily the iffiest mon on the team. I'm really not sure if I like it because it's so frail. But, it OHKO's relaxed Amoonguss and Standard Mega Kangaskhan, which is cool. The final mon on the team is Amoonguss, but it is not standard. It's another Fairy resist, and I use Life Orb with 2 attacks and Spore. It's actually a cool attacker. I really like the team, it's a little weak to Kangaskhan, and struggles if Trick Room fails to go up, but I like the team. I liked building for real again, so I'd like to hear people's criticisms/ideas about this team.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Protect

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Recover

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Diancie (Diancie) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 192 HP / 108 Atk / 208 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Wide Guard

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quash
- Taunt

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

CharY is so good in tr
p2 has ice beam - it beats lando which chary dislikes
it also learns hp ground to beat heatran
hitmontop is cool
it fakes out to help get tr up and CC heatrans
it also uses feint so diancie and chary can use their strong spread moves
sableye is such a sleeper rn
cress likes sun

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
cool squad

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Detect
- Knock Off

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Double-Edge
- Ice Fang

This is a bad Camerupt Trick Room team. I picked Camerupt because its very powerful under Trick Room with Sheer Force boosted moves. Porygon2 was added because I had to use it and its a cool setter. I added Ferrothorn to beat rain and bulky waters for Camerupt. Reuniclus is a second Trick Room setter to help keep Trick Room up as the team heavily relies on it. Conkeldurr is very powerful under Trick Room with Life Orb and Iron Fist. Conkeldurr also helps beat dark-types like Bisharp and it can beat Kangaskhan. Gyarados provides Intimidate support and can break through opposing fire and ground-types. It also beats Lando-T which is a big threat to Camerupt. Thats the team and its probably not that good as I made it in a few minutes but its something.

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
Going to prom can get a bit tiring. TFW NO GF. Anyways, voting time! To vote, please post in bold the name of the guy who built the team you're voting for!

n10sit
n1n1
Mishimono

Deadline of voting is on Monday, GMT Noon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)