Playoffs Smogon Grand Slam IV - Play-offs - No Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghosting is unarguably bad. However, Mazary obviously didn't get ghosted threw every game in this GS so instead of just discrediting him from everything, he should get some credits for his win.
Other than that, many previous winners of this tournament and others got ghosted toward trophies so instead of calling Mazary cheater just for the pleasure of discrediting him, we should rather admit he did a decent job overall, specially that his so called ghoster doesn't even look like any renowned player on smogon.

Ghosting is unarguably bad. However, Mazary obviously didn't get ghosted threw every game in this GS so instead of just discrediting him from everything, he should get some credits for his win.
Other than that, many previous winners of this tournament and others got ghosted toward trophies so instead of calling Mazary cheater just for the pleasure of discrediting him, we should rather admit he did a decent job overall, specially that his so called ghoster doesn't even look like any renowned player on smogon.

Tele

a quality human being
I partially agree with this. big fishes never get caught unless theres overwhelming evidence of the cheating (hi bloo). for example, there was very CLEAR evidence that user gr8astard was heavily involved in the Style drama last year and played a very active role in facilitating every of Style's win. Subsequently he should have undergone Bloo's same treatment or at least a severe ban from tournaments. However, becos of the close relationship he had with most of the tders at the time and becos of the large support he had from many respectable players such as aim and ctc (and despite it wasnt even the 1st time gr8astard displayed very dirty behaviour), he wasnt given any punishment for what he did and was even allowed to join spl few months later. Clearly not everybody gets the same treatment. Little fishes like u and i can do very little about this though

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
However, Mazary obviously didn't get ghosted threw every game in this GS
i mean i'm p sure even before grand slam everyone thought he'd never played a tournament game for anything without getting ghosted, so not sure why slam would be any different

In my opinion they were already being lenient by only banning him from tours for six months. Something like that should have got him a ban for life.

But who am I to judge the flawless rules on this site; someone like gr8astard can get banned for something as small as dropping out of a tour, but god forbid you permaban the guy that cheated to win the entire thing.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Isa said:
if anyone has logs or screenshots or otherwise any proof of ghosting that they feel like sharing with the td team you know how to reach us :toast:

the best way to change the culture is to act.
if the td team was to act on rumours alone half of this site would be banned by now and who knows how many of those would be unjust

we cannot do this based solely on rumours, we need evidence. if you are in possession of anything (logs, screenshots, etc) that could be considered spooky, dont hesitate to inform any TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)