2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been calling this for months lol. Guardiola will be regarded a flop if he didn't win the CL since they have been a force in the domestic competition for quite some time. The defense really needs sorting out and the midfield can use an upgrade.

Yes, the total transformation from relegation fodder to league leaders is remarkable. However, maybe this is just sour grapes but I feel they will struggle to cope with the fixture list next season. Plus, they have been fortunate with no long-term injuries to Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater and Morgan who are all playing above their level like Liverpool did in 2013/2014. When the going gets tough with players losing form or missing due to injuries and a hectic schedule, we will see what they're made of. Man Utd and Liverpool flopped badly in the Champions League in the last 2 seasons, remember?

gary neville has not won in 12 matches now. watching the game, barca didn't just dominate them, they humiliated them. neymar was doing tricks whenever possible, barca regained possession within 10 seconds of losing the ball, no players on valencia could connect on more than 3 passes in a row. it was a masterclass performance from barca both offensively (obviously) and defensively. busquets, what a player. visca barca

Tbf, appointing somebody with no managerial experience to be a manager in La Liga is just asking to be humiliated. If he was sacked, I'm pretty sure he would set a new record of the shortest-term manager ever though,

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Chéryshev has played in two teams and both eliminated lol.

I if Neville had resigned after the game. Things can not get any worse. They have a team to be in Europe and if they just fight to avoid relegation. Honestly before watching the game I expected much more than Valencia. In any competition it has always been a game with history where everything happens. I see that the return match against Valencia rather be their hobby, not against Barca. I honestly believe that with Nuno were not so bad. In qualifying the team was not in danger, now the opposite. They not yet know how to win in the league. On the other hand, recognize that it is historical everything that happened in the field. Suarez 4 goals and Messi 3. First time in history. Definitely the best game of the season Barca next to Madrid vs Classic. I have noticed a Valencia without trust, without intensity and delivery. Well, the other playoff Semis bet today by Sevilla. Unlike the talk, it will be hotly contested. Sevilla believe that has not conceded in the tournament and is loaded Celta Atletico Madrid. He not wasted.

Last edited:
I mean that barca side can humiliate pretty much any team aside from top clubs in europe when they are on their day, and your expecting a team with serious financial trouble to go into barca and actually win or put up a fight? Come on now be realistic

Anyone finds it interesting that China football club now spends money like crazy this window? MLS goes for older players who are near the end of their contracts but China shelled out over 100 mil on players who should be peaking now like Ramirez, Martinez and Teixeira ( inflated prices ). Wonder what the long-term effects of this will be and how long they can keep this up.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I hope these guys make it through the end of the season with the same intensity and no substantial injuries, they are starting to seem a little tired but look determined all the same. This Leicester team absolutely deserves to win the PL, that much I think everyone will agree with. They have absolutely earned their shot at the CL and with a little luck and some clever management they can probably take a serious crack at breaking the hegemony of the top 4 (5?) at the Premiership in the following seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)