Project NU Break this Team: Curse Quag Stall: Voting Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Marilli joins the hall of fame with their core winning this week, thanks to rozes for the team as well.

Here is this weeks team

A rather successful team constructed by Spl hopeful and NU league finalist Shaneghoul that helped Barbaracle regain a ton of popularity in NU, particularly the Substitute set. The team has a lot of ways to help support a Barbaracle sweep such as Healing wish Mesprit and Memento Skuntank while still having a decent amount of power in Sceptile and Hariyama as a backup.
Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Razor Shell
- Return
- Shell Smash

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 24 HP / 172 Atk / 60 SpA / 252 SpD
Mild Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab
- Memento

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn

Rotom @ Spell Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Memento skunk is cute, sub barb is cuter, sweeping teams is fun, go spurs! :3

So yeah, post cores until friday, have fun!

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
&

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

I've used this team sooo much and can tell that it's one of the best teams i've ever used, but it's definitely not unbreakable.
Scarf Sawk and RP 3 Atks Rhydon do a great job at suppporting eachother in wearing down their checks & counters (mainly Mesprit and Hariyama). Scarf Sawk can click Earthquake pretty easily, and Rhydon can set up a RP on both Skuntank and Mesprit without taking too much damage.

upload_2016-2-1_20-7-53.png
upload_2016-2-1_20-8-47.png
upload_2016-2-1_20-9-31.png

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Rotom @ Choice Scarf/Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt/Hex
- Trick/Will-O-Wisp

I noticed that being an offensive team with mons lacking recovery and with 4 grounded mons that a Volt Turn team with Spike Stacking could wear down Shane's team fairly fast. A wallbreaker core of Specs Sceptile and Band Scyther could really put pressure on the team, especially if spikes get up, with only 2 mons resisting Grass/Bug and only Rotom resisting Scythers STAB combination. Along with the fact that Skuntank lacks Pursuit makes Scarfed or even regular Spell Tag Rotom a pain to deal with and forms a Volt-Turn core with Scyther. Another plus is that as long as you play smart nothing gives Barbaracle setup chances barring you lock yourself into Aerial Ace/Knock Off/HP ice at the wrong time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Since this team was built before Charizard dropped, it's only natural that it would have problems with it. Specs Zard really punishes this team, to the extent that I had trouble coming up with something other than an obligatory second mon. So I turned to Ditto. Now I know, you're all like, "Is this man crazy?" Well, yes. But hear me out, Ditto works here. The crux of Shane's team is the Shell Smash Barbaracle, right? With a Ditto around, there really isn't much room to set up due to constant fear of having those boost turned right back against you. Not to mention that a +2 Barbaracle happens to do work back to the team. If you happen to catch another Pokemon from the team you can still make somewhat of a splash. As far as sets go, you've got Specs Zard with HP Electric in the 4th slot so you don't even have to go as far as risking a Focus Blast on Barb, you can just go for the comfortable 2HKO. The spread on Ditto is really obligatory if anything, seeing as it is really only to help combat other Dittos. And before you worry, Relaxed nature (- Spe) doesn't matter after you transform.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)