ORAS Ubers Bronzong and friends

Foggi

Banned deucer.

Hello Everyone! I've decided to put my first RMT on Forums.I hope you will enjoy it.

So i recently re-played one of my favourite Pokemon Game,Pokemon Platinium.While being in the depths of
Mt. Coronet i encountered really powerfull Pokemon
a Pokemon that was forgotten by most of the people.That Pokemon's name was... Bronzong,The 2000 years old Bronze Bell gave me an idea,The idea of making a team with it so that's how it all started.

I started off with bronzong because it is really underrated and good mon in current ORAS Ubers Meta it checks fairies,non fire move Primal-Groudon and Ekiller without Shadowclaw/Shadow Force pretty well.

Next thing that i needed was a Physical Defensive Wall that could handle Salamence/Rayquaza and fire move Primal-Groudon,So Dragonceus was a perfect choice,it can come on Primal-Groudon and Defog the rocks off/toxic it or hit Judgment and do pretty good damage.

It is obvious choice because let's be serious,there aren't alot of good teams without our lovely Primal-Groudon.I went for Paradancer set because Bronzong
Was already carrying Stealth Rocks and this set has pretty good matchup vs stall/balance,Thunderwave
Helps alot with Latios/Latias and Lugia

Another thing that i wanted to see in this team
was Xerneas,I went for the mono-attacking sleeptalk
Choice scarf set because i needed fast Darkrai and Yveltal check and i also wanted to have a mon that can potentially Pull off Late-game sweep.

So as i said before Xerneas is my Late-game sweeper
However to let him sweep i needed a mon that would
help him do it,So Mega-Gengar was the Best choice,First i tried out
the perish trap set and it was working pretty well,however i was told that i should try the Hex set because it would fit better with all the status moves that i had,and it was true,the Hex set works really good as revenge killer and Focus Blast helps with tyranitar and Steel-types

I realized that my team is really weak to
Ghostceus and E-killer with Shadowclaw/Shadowforce
That's why Defensive Yveltal was my final choice,Charti berry helps it with Stone-Edge E-killer and Groundceus aswelll while toxic helps with Calm Mind Ghostceus

THE TEAM

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap

I wanted a core of Bronzong and Arceus-Dragon as it gives the team a good match up versus the many Fairies and Dragons of the tier. Bronzong stands as the team's Xerneas, Mega Diancie, Double-Dance or non-fire move Primal Groudon and Ekiller lacking Shadow Claw /Shadowforce check. It also gives the team insurance against Mega Salamence, and a flawless switch in to Lugia. The EVs are a simple max special defense spread for help check GeoXern and Mega Diancie - the main targets it aims to checks. It has enough physical bulk to check the other listed targets without investment.

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Arceus-Dragon is the team's primary switch in to Ho-oh, check to Mega Salamence, Primal Groudon and Rayquaza. The primary reason for Dragceus over Waterceus is because it is better at handling Mega Salamence, as well as chipping Primal Groudon. The team needed Toxic on the support Arceus form, and Waterceus could only use Ice Beam or Judgement, leaving the match up against Salamence and Ho-oh weaker. Dragceus is the team's supporter with Defog and spreading Toxic around for wearing down the opponent's team. The EVs are the standard physically defensive spread, with enough speed to outspeed Adamant Rayquaza or Modest Kyurem-White and max speed Yveltal with SpA+ Nature

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Primal-Groudon is something that fits everywhere.
It is my main Primal-Kyogre and Steel Mons check
While being also enabled to paralyze things that
Like switching in on it like Lugia,Giratina-Origin,Latios/as.I chose this kind of spread
To let Pdon hit pretty hard at +2 while also
Being enable to tank Special hits.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Choice scarf Mono-Attack Sleeptalk Xerneas is really
Good Darkrai check.It also checks Yveltal pretty Well,it has really good matchup versus Offensive
Teams wich helps alot in team like this.The spread is pretty standard for choice scarf Xerneas
This kind of set works really well as Late-game
Sweeper especially with some good supportive Mons.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Gengar with the Hex set works amazing as a revenge killer,
Especially with status moves on almost all Mons in the rest of the team.Thanks to it's abillity it can trap Ferrothorn,Klefki and other Steel-types wich really helps Xerneas in the Late-game sweep,
I went for Destiny Bond instead of
Protect to be enabled to take out
Ho-Oh if possible.

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch

The final pokemon in my team,defensive Yveltal
It is an amazing physical wall,as i said in the Teambuilding Process,the weakness to Ghost attacks needed to be filled so Yveltal was the perfect choice.Charti berry is really nice vs Stone Edge E-killer and Groundceus,Toxic helps with Calm Mind Ghostceus and supports the Gengar wich has Hex.Yveltal does a really important role in the team and it does his role perfectly that's why it was my final choice

Life Orb Yveltal can be a big problem because Xerneas without Hp EVs
Doesn't like taking STAB
Dark Pulse or Oblivion
Wing from this monster.

Pursuit trappers like Tyranitar or Aegislash were big problem when i ran the Perish-trapper set on Gengar however now its easier to deal with them using the Hex set but they can Still be a problem for bronzong

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
-

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Thanks to Dilwar for small help with the Rmt and to Lord Outrage for helping me with some sets.

Last edited:

Foggi

Banned deucer.
Wouldn't it be better to give your Xerneas four moves? This makes sure you can choose the appropriate move when needed.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder

The above set is very similar to yours, except I've added Focus Blast and Thunder.
Hey! This Xerneas set is made to check Darkrai,you need to be sure to hit Moonblast using sleeptalk after the Darkrai dark voids you because Krai's Sludge Bomb does massive damage to non Hp Xerneas.

Hi Foggi and thank you for the shoutout at the end! I remember you showed me this team on server. I suggested improvements and I noticed you implemented them. As I told you on server, this team is good versus offense, stall, and balance which makes it an excellent team. However, after re-looking at it now and specially at your threats list, I came up with some additional suggestions to further improve your team.

1) Add 32 EVs in Speed to Dragon Arceus by removing them from Defense. This will enable Arceus to outspeed maximum Speed Yveltal with + nature in Special Attack.
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

2) Toxic > Taunt on Yveltal because you are weak to Calm Mind Will-O-Wisp Arceus Ghost. Mega Gengar can't really annoy it since its Ghost type allows it to switch out. Yveltal can't touch it either because it will burn it on the switch.

3) Hex + Focus Blast > Perish Trap for Mega Gengar. Four of your Pokemon have status so using Hex on Mega Gengar is optimal. It also allows you to burn Aegislash and Tyranitar then kill both with Hex and Focus Blast respectively. You need Destiny Bond for Ho-Oh so you better remove Protect since Yveltal takes care of all offensive Arceus formes and Bronzong takes care of the Special Calm Mind Arceus formes. However, you should always find a way to Mega evolve it ASAP.
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Good luck!

Foggi

Banned deucer.
Hi Foggi and thank you for the shoutout at the end! I remember you showed me this team on server. I suggested improvements and I noticed you implemented them. As I told you on server, this team is good versus offense, stall, and balance which makes it an excellent team. However, after re-looking at it now and specially at your threats list, I came up with some additional suggestions to further improve your team.

1) Add 32 EVs in Speed to Dragon Arceus by removing them from Defense. This will enable Arceus to outspeed maximum Speed Yveltal with + nature in Special Attack.
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

2) Toxic > Taunt on Yveltal because you are weak to Calm Mind Will-O-Wisp Arceus Ghost. Mega Gengar can't really annoy it since its Ghost type allows it to switch out. Yveltal can't touch it either because it will burn it on the switch.

3) Hex + Focus Blast > Perish Trap for Mega Gengar. Four of your Pokemon have status so using Hex on Mega Gengar is optimal. It also allows you to burn Aegislash and Tyranitar then kill both with Hex and Focus Blast respectively. You need Destiny Bond for Ho-Oh so you better remove Protect since Yveltal takes care of all offensive Arceus formes and Bronzong takes care of the Special Calm Mind Arceus formes. However, you should always find a way to Mega evolve it ASAP.
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Good luck!
Thanks,ill add the speed EVs on Arceus and replace taunt with toxic on Yveltal i will also test the team abit with this Gengar set that you gave me.

Good team, i want to ask, whats the difference between using thunder wave on groudon instead of rock polish..Ith RP u can keep the speed advantage after taking down a pokemon. I feel like even if t/wave helps kill a lugia or latios enemy can bring something faster then just kill you.

Good team, i want to ask, whats the difference between using thunder wave on groudon instead of rock polish..Ith RP u can keep the speed advantage after taking down a pokemon. I feel like even if t/wave helps kill a lugia or latios enemy can bring something faster then just kill you.
His teams needs a stall breaker. Thunder Wave + Swords Dance is the best Primal Groudon set in terms of stall breaking. Rock Polish + Swords Dance is better versus offense for sure, though.

Last edited:

Foggi

Banned deucer.
Usually when your oponnent goes Latios/as and you Rock polish they hit Draco Meteor wich does massive damage that's why i prefer t-waving them on the switch and then switch out to bronzong/Xerneas also Paradancer set is nice vs stall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)