The (un)Official DPP Ladder Tournament - Cycle 1

Flygon everywhere! Mostly Scarf, haven't seen CB/mix enough to recall any instances and ran into a few EBelt sets. What surprised me is how they rarely hesitate in using Outrage. ScarfTran and its HP Ice come up clutch very often. There's also been an increase of bulky SD Zor, which I'm a big fan of, and the forgotten Suicune and Forretress. Even ran into quite a few Milotic. SR lead + offensive Shaymin seems to have been a go-to for many players. This has been great so far and we're not even done with the first cycle!

I noticed that the common leads changed every day. Overall I'd say Aerodactyl, Metagross and Empoleon have been the ones I've faced most. Quite a few Uxie have been popping up in the last hour or so...

And Gengar continues to remind us why it's a fucking animal. Band has been most people's preferred Tar - which is great, I'm all for it - so if Gar hits FB (big if, I know) it's doing a lot of damage.

MachLoom is just obscenely good. MixNite crushes everything. Zapdos continues to be a monster.

I personally like to run max attack because there are tons of scenarios where you're really scrapping for every percent you can get, but I've noticed people like to give it a pretty nice amount of spdef. They at least have tons of HP, that much is guaranteed.

As a whole MachLoom continues to be absolutely everywhere and I think this week has proved that it definitely deserves its high A+ ranking, it performs against absolutely every team. Badass dubbed the Focus + Mach combo as a "guaranteed 190 BP attack" (285 with stab) which is a nice way to put it.

The Aero leads and ScarfGons continue to roll in...

NightFox

Banned deucer.
They must have runing some EVs on sdef as they survives things like an ice beam from non LO offensive Starmie with like 30% hp.

And that sub body slam Jirachi is Satan himself, seriously.

On offensive teams, i'd like to use the all in out attacker set (jolly loom, with mach punch, mainly to revenge kill dd ttar if i don't have a strong check/revenge killer to it), otherwise, if i don't have a correct check/counters to a ttar on a balanced team (which is very rare), i'm using a spore/seed bomb/focus punch/mach punch loom, the spread allow me to leave an + 1 Ice Punch from DD Ttar after sr and sand damage, to leave an fire blast from max speatk Ttar after sr and to avoid the OHKO most of time from lo starmie ice beam.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 72 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello, i know you will not give a fuck of what in writing, but i wanna say something about me on this tournament:

I made 62 battles, i won 36 and lost 26, and since im a calculator i count every "lucky factor" that im used to do, and to get, well:

I've got 78(41 of them have been crucial) chs;
I've missed WoW for 28 times;
I've missed Sedge 9 times;
I've missed 8 super fang;
I've missed 12 ice fang;
I've got 18 flinchs;
I've got 13 fully para;
I've got more than 10 drop;
A Scarf Tar won against my fully phisycal Skarm just dropping his Def, and after 4 drops, ttar made the ch and i lost.

I did not count the rolls, the speed ties i lost, how many times hellpowna has been unlucky.
Yes, hax is 50/50, infact i count the hax i made:

I made 13 chs, my opps missed(fire blast/pump/wow/toxic) for 56 times about(i did not edit with the last 3 battles), i won 6 speed ties, 3 fully para, 5 flinchs.

Im not here to talk how much hellpowna is unlucky, i wanna you know and i wanna sorry to all my opps that i said bullshits, but you cant imagine how much is frustating to get it, every battles.
Since im not good at math, i asked my friend the %, and he says, i have 1.25% to get ch every battle.
If you think im a liar, i invite you to watch my battles.
In the end, i sorry again, but i just wanna say dont act like an idiot if u fight me, coz u cant complain how much is frustrating to be me.
Hope you can enjoy this game, like i try to do, and all the best for ur route.

Last edited:
Hello, i know you will not give a fuck of what in writing, but i wanna say something about me on this tournament:

I made 62 battles, i won 36 and lost 26, and since im a calculator i count every "lucky factor" that im used to do, and to get, well:

I've got 78(41 of them have been crucial) chs;
I've missed WoW for 28 times;
I've missed Sedge 9 times;
I've missed 8 super fang;
I've missed 12 ice fang;
I've got 18 flinchs;
I've got 13 fully para;
I've got more than 10 drop;
A Scarf Tar won against my fully phisycal Skarm just dropping his Def, and after 4 drops, ttar made the ch and i lost.

I did not count the rolls, the speed ties i lost, how many times hellpowna has been unlucky.
Yes, hax is 50/50, infact i count the hax i made:

I made 13 chs, my opps missed(fire blast/pump/wow/toxic) for 56 times about(i did not edit with the last 3 battles), i won 6 speed ties, 3 fully para, 5 flinchs.

Im not here to talk how much hellpowna is unlucky, i wanna you know and i wanna sorry to all my opps that i said bullshits, but you cant imagine how much is frustating to get it, every battles.
Since im not good at math, i asked my friend the %, and he says, i have 1.25% to get ch every battle.
If you think im a liar, i invite you to watch my battles.
In the end, i sorry again, but i just wanna say dont act like an idiot if u fight me, coz u cant complain how much is frustrating to be me.
Hope you can enjoy this game, like i try to do, and all the best for ur route.

Although I found this interesting since I love to calculate for nothing as well, I think you missed one crucial factor in this. I'm not saying you're using only HardStall teams, however you do need to include the number of times everything you mentionned could have happened for a perfect comparison of percentage instead of occurencies. Because if your opponent uses a damaging attack 50 times and you 15 times, it's pretty logic that he got 3 crits and you only 1.

Even so, I guess we can assume you and your opponents have around the same basis.

GL for next rounds, man.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Although I found this interesting since I love to calculate for nothing as well, I think you missed one crucial factor in this. I'm not saying you're using only HardStall teams, however you do need to include the number of times everything you mentionned could have happened for a perfect comparison of percentage instead of occurencies. Because if your opponent uses a damaging attack 50 times and you 15 times, it's pretty logic that he got 3 crits and you only 1.

Even so, I guess we can assume you and your opponents have around the same basis.

GL for next rounds, man.
I know me and my opps have the same basis, but i found ridicilous that ppl after making ch etc, insult you for unlogical reasons, its stupid. Sayin sorry is ridicolous 2, but i cant accept ppl insult after haxing me, god bless

I know me and my opps have the same basis, but i found ridicilous that ppl after making ch etc, insult you for unlogical reasons, its stupid. Sayin sorry is ridicolous 2, but i cant accept ppl insult after haxing me, god bless
I know the feeling and I understand you ^^
And you have something more, because you counted your haxx as well, while human nature usually makes us see the bad things exclusively. So you did not ignore the luck you had (and you had less good luck than bad luck, that was your point).

Ding-dong, cycle over!

Confirmation for the top 4 LT accounts needed, so:

lt1 rising dusk
LT1 dRiSsSs
lt1 yan
lt1 shrang

Cycle 2 going up momentarily, I will edit cycle 1's top 4 in once they've posted.

i watched your games hellpowna. for the majority of the round you used somalia's stall squad. its a good team but it has maybe eight moves in total that can give you a critical. also compound that with the fact that pokemon like clefable are required to immediately recover after switching into something it checks (like zapdos or heatran), and is forced to recover three or so times before it can actually start attacking these pokes (unlike blissey). this tour was dominated heavily by offensive squads and i'd wager against a lot of those squads, you are probably attacking every 4th of 5th turn, whereas they are attacking you at every opportunity. ape use fire blast on starmie. starmie recover as they switch to zap. zap tbolt clef. clef recover as they switch to lucario. lucario cc as you switch to crobat. crobat recover as they switch. if you don't use that turn to recover, then they KO you next time they come out. similar patterns to this would have happened in a lot of your games, and the reality is that they are going to crit you much more often and in a much more meaningful way (for example infernape fire blast crit on starmie is much more severe than a crobat brave bird crit on tyranitar).

i'd say those statistics are right in line with the team you were using.

also confirming lt1 rising dusk.

Need confirmation for LT1 Vlack, he and Somalia are the two subs (if TDs won't let somalia play then e7e) for this round. They can try to qualify for other rounds but should they not make it they (and the 5th and 6th slots in following slots) will be subs for first round of playoffs should someone drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)