Multi Gen Ubers Premier League IV - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Week 3 of UPL IV, where our managers keep the competitive spirit of tournaments close to the heart!

Important Things to Remember

• Good sportsmanship is expected. We have an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction for a reason, and we will use it if needed. Semi-aggressive play is fine, but don't go overboard.
  • Use your VM walls to schedule matches. VM activity will be a big factor in deciding activity wins.
  • If you wish to replay a disconnection, you MUST have submitted your team by FORUM PM to Fireburn before your match. If this is unclear, here is the information from the previous SPL thread:
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Oglemi and Aldaron, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

• YOU MUST SAVE A REPLAY/LOG OF YOUR MATCH OR IT WILL BE CONSIDERED INVALID. These are fun to watch and can be used for statistics and to chronicle new metagame developments over the course of UPL, so you should do it anyway!
  • DO NOT JOHN YOUR MATCHES OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES

really good reshirams (5) vs DaReal Grizzlers (3)
ORAS Ubers: Steve Angello vs benbe
ORAS Ubers: Omfuga vs Dilwar
XY Ubers: Transcendent God Champion vs WreckDra
BW2 Ubers: PROBLEMS vs Hack
BW2 Ubers: polop vs Evuelf
DPP Ubers: Alex Walls vs Jirachee
ADV Ubers: innovamania vs Minority Suspect
GSC Ubers: Isa vs BKC

Defiant Durians (3) vs Grand Helix Fossils (5)
ORAS Ubers: Safes vs Pohjis
ORAS Ubers: Kingler12345 vs ShadowQuinn
XY Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs orch
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs Peli
BW2 Ubers: Sweep vs ZoroarkForever
DPP Ubers: Tomahawk vs rozes
ADV Ubers: Sam vs shrang
GSC Ubers: idiotfrommars vs FLCL

Soul Dew Strongs (4) vs Glorious Genesects (4)
ORAS Ubers: KratosMana vs Blim
ORAS Ubers: Lord Outrage vs James Jimmy
XY Ubers: trc vs malefic
BW2 Ubers: ZoroDark vs March Fires
BW2 Ubers: TGMD vs soviet
DPP Ubers: boudouche vs hyw
ADV Ubers: SoulWind vs GaryTheGengar
GSC Ubers: Conflict vs Bomber.

Deadline is February 14th at 11:59 PM EST.

Additional notes:
  • Arceus is banned from DPP Ubers.
  • Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for ADV Ubers unless both parties agree to play on PO.
  • Pokemon Online is the default simulator for GSC Ubers (due to mechanics accuracy) unless both parties agree to play on PS.
  • XY legalities are below. Breaking any of these could result in forfeiture of your match, so read them carefully:
Hoopa-Unbound
Hoopa-Confined

Precipice Blades
Origin Pulse
Dragon Ascent

Note: Evasion Clause wasn't reinstated until ORAS, so Double Team and Minimize are legal in XY Ubers only.

Red Orb
Blue Orb
Soul Dew
Beedrillite
Pidgeotite
Slowbronite
Steelixite
Sceptilite
Swampertite
Sablenite
Sharpedonite
Cameruptite
Altarianite
Glalitite
Salamencite
Metagrossite
Latiasite
Latiosite
Lopunnite
Galladite
Audinite
Diancite

Yveltal+Knock Off
Yveltal+Heat Wave
Klefki+Magnet Rise
Greninja+Gunk Shot
Greninja+Low Kick

Good luck to all!

*MANAGERS, IF THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR LINEUPS CONTACT FIREBURN IMMEDIATELY*

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
100% accurate, non-biased opinions coming your way

really good reshirams (4) vs DaReal Grizzlers (4)

ORAS Ubers: Steve Angello vs benbe - will be a good match for sure
ORAS Ubers: Omfuga vs Dilwar - who will be the superior memer?
BW2 Ubers: PROBLEMS vs Hack - traditionally steel > problems > hack > steel, but problems has been gone since last upl lol.
BW2 Ubers: polop vs Evuelf - hunE
ADV Ubers: innovamania vs Minority Suspect - i wouldn't put innova in adv ;o

Defiant Durians (4) vs Grand Helix Fossils (4)
ORAS Ubers: Safes vs gunnerrohanPohjis - if pohjis preps by himself he should do fine
ORAS Ubers: DracoMaster Dab vs ShadowQuinn
XY Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs orch - i dont understand why safes isn't in xy and lacus is
BW2 Ubers: Sweep vs ZoroarkForever - fantastic match
DPP Ubers: Tomahawk vs Fortune

Soul Dew Strongs (3) vs Glorious Genesects (5)
ORAS Ubers: KratosMana vs Blim - what a shame, blim prepped so hard for outrage too lol
ORAS Ubers: Lord Outrage vs James Jimmy
XY Ubers: trc vs malefic - malefic's been dead for some time now, but it's ok because at least the genesects have passion!
BW2 Ubers: D4RR3N vs March Fires - another fantastic match, gotta root for tape tho
DPP Ubers: boudouche vs hyw - ....what?
ADV Ubers: SoulWind vs GaryTheGengar - love soulwind but gtg is a beast
GSC Ubers: Conflict vs Bomber. - lol

lgi drizzlers!

unbiased predicts
really good reshirams (0) vs DaReal Grizzlers (8)

really good reshirams (5) vs DaReal Grizzlers (3)
ORAS Ubers: Steve Angello vs benbe - still shit @ psych tho bud.
ORAS Ubers: Omfuga vs Dilwar - soz dilly willy, but #PO REP.
XY Ubers: Transcendent God Champion vs WreckDra - hi, big fan!!!!!
BW2 Ubers: PROBLEMS vs Hack - lmaaaaaaooo. should be a good match to watch tho.
BW2 Ubers: polop vs Evuelf - i love polop
DPP Ubers: Alex Walls vs Jirachee - i believe the ptr-walls core will come thru
ADV Ubers: innovamania vs Minority Suspect - never even heard of innovamania

Defiant Durians (3) vs Grand Helix Fossils (5)
ORAS Ubers: Safes vs Pohjis - still no idea who safes is
ORAS Ubers: DracoMaster Dab vs ShadowQuinn - pls lose so i can mock you dab
XY Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs orch - can you stop with the xatu tho omg
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs Peli - u suck @ psych
BW2 Ubers: Sweep vs ZoroarkForever - really good one that i look forward to watching

#GOGENESECTS

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
really good reshirams (2) vs DaReal Grizzlers (5)

Defiant Durians (5) vs Grand Helix Fossils (2)
ORAS Ubers: Safes vs Pohjis
ORAS Ubers: DracoMaster Dab vs ShadowQuinn
XY Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs orch
BW2 Ubers: Sweep vs ZoroarkForever-->this. now i really want to predict sweep but his luck completely nullifies his playing ability. it's like he and shake balance each other

Soul Dew Strongs (2) vs Glorious Genesects (4)
ORAS Ubers: KratosMana vs Blim
ORAS Ubers: Lord Outrage vs James Jimmy-->this is hard cos i want both to lose
XY Ubers: trc vs malefic
BW2 Ubers: D4RR3N vs March Fires
DPP Ubers: boudouche vs hyw
ADV Ubers: SoulWind vs GaryTheGengar
GSC Ubers: Conflict vs Bomber.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Contacted Evuelf.

Edit: we have a confirmed time :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)