Project NU Matchmaking Reinvigorated (Again) [Week 11 - Swords Dance Shiftry] VOTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
And with 5 votes, Can-Eh-Dian has won for the third time, so he is now in the Hall of Fame. Welcome and congratulations! :)

This week, I decided to go with a mon I've been recently using that has been a little underrated as it isn't the most popular Ghost...

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave / Destiny Bond / Pain Split

While there are a ton of slashes, Mismagius is really versatile right now and being able to outspeed Charizard is really good right now.

Submissions end Friday.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Defensive Omastar:

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Defensive Oma is pretty underrated right now, but it is definitely one of the most reliable hazard setters in the tier. Mismagius appreciates Omastar's hazard stacking capabilities, and in return provides Oma with a fighting/ground check, as well as a spinblocker. Oma can also lure in bulky Water-types that annoy Mismagius such as Mantine, and Pelipper, as Mismagius does not appreciate being burnt by scald.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Swellow @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
Silk Scarf Swellow really appreciates Mismagius's ability to whittle down common normal resists like Steelix, Rhydon, and fat mons in general. Missy also happens to have a pretty good match up versus most hazard setters in the tier and helps in keeping entry hazards off the field with taunt which is support Swellow certainly can take advantage of.

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

mismagius can eliminate the bulky ghosts and psychics that like to switch into sawk, as well as providing speed control with thunder wave. This allows sawk to easily spam close combats in order to decimate teams

Reactions: nv

Pokedots

How should I live to be happy
is a Contributor Alumnus

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb

Roselia is cool and good. Any hazard stacker fits here, really, such as Garbodor, as Mismagius is a very good spinblocker, walling Claydol and Hitmonchan and checking Sandslash in addition to having Taunt to stop Defoggers, but I like how Mismagius provides a Fighting check, to make up for Roselia, in addition to Rose's ability to check special Water-types and Grass-types and absorb T-spikes. You can run some physical bulk to soft check Barbaracle and Samurott, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)