Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Kinda laughing at all the NBA experts who've been saying that the Spurs are superior to the Warriors. Been saying this whole time that they're trying to be contrarian for the sake of it. This is one of the best teams of all time people. Health is the only thing stopping them from going back to back and from Curry claiming a second straight MVP.

Stallion

They didn't have Tim Duncan which is their primary rim protector. Warriors ran over them in the paint. Might be a different story next time they meet.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Stallion

They didn't have Tim Duncan which is their primary rim protector. Warriors ran over them in the paint. Might be a different story next time they meet.
It might very well be different next time, but Duncan doesn't make up a 30 point difference these days either. Spurs have some work to do

So the Suns in a nutshell is "make what looks like good signings in the offseason, realize it doesn't work with the team or the players themselves, trade them away (or in Markieff morris' case turn so bad that he doesn't have any trade value), run out of players to use (which is probably going to happen, though they do have some young players to throw out on the court) and sign randoms to a 10-day deal. Their overall franchise is a complete disaster, and probably the worst as a whole these days in the league (yes, worse than the Lakers). Unfortunately for them they're stuck with three players on large contracts...Bledsoe (very good scorer, can play both guard positions but he's had two serious injuries the past three years, decent defender, limited by a short size but not anywhere near as much as Isaiah Thomas is, doesn't take care of the ball the best, not all that efficient as a shooter, thought he has decent assist numbers); he's certainly a solid player to have as the #1 regardless. Brandon knight is somewhat in a similar boat, being a good scorer except his defense isn't very good and apparently throwing a lob to Tyson Chandler is too difficult for him or something. Speaking of Chandler, he's barely been used because it turns out the Suns love small ball and he doesn't work for that. Mind you Chandler was signed to get Aldridge there but he made the easy decision of going to a team that is in a much better situation. Chandler, Bledsoe and Knight are all good players but none are really franchise players that can have a winning team built around them. Maybe Bledsoe eventually but not right now.

This is, only part of the issue. The rest is just gameplay mostly and other front office shenanigans.

So the Suns in a nutshell is "make what looks like good signings in the offseason, realize it doesn't work with the team or the players themselves, trade them away (or in Markieff morris' case turn so bad that he doesn't have any trade value), run out of players to use (which is probably going to happen, though they do have some young players to throw out on the court) and sign randoms to a 10-day deal. Their overall franchise is a complete disaster, and probably the worst as a whole these days in the league (yes, worse than the Lakers). Unfortunately for them they're stuck with three players on large contracts...Bledsoe (very good scorer, can play both guard positions but he's had two serious injuries the past three years, decent defender, limited by a short size but not anywhere near as much as Isaiah Thomas is, doesn't take care of the ball the best, not all that efficient as a shooter, thought he has decent assist numbers); he's certainly a solid player to have as the #1 regardless. Brandon knight is somewhat in a similar boat, being a good scorer except his defense isn't very good and apparently throwing a lob to Tyson Chandler is too difficult for him or something. Speaking of Chandler, he's barely been used because it turns out the Suns love small ball and he doesn't work for that. Mind you Chandler was signed to get Aldridge there but he made the easy decision of going to a team that is in a much better situation. Chandler, Bledsoe and Knight are all good players but none are really franchise players that can have a winning team built around them. Maybe Bledsoe eventually but not right now.

This is, only part of the issue. The rest is just gameplay mostly and other front office shenanigans.
Agreed, I don't like where the Suns franchise is going either and now everything has become a disaster. Can't believe they fired Jeff Hornacek when the front office is all to blame.

i guess everyone decided to go ham on the stat sheet today

oladipo 37pts,7 rebs,4ast
curry 51pts, 11 3's, 7rebs, 3stls
westbrook 24pts, 19rebs, 14 ast, 2stls
kd 37pts, 5ast, 5rebs, 2stls, 3blks
draymond 12pts, 12ast, 10 rebs, 5blks
john wall 41pts, 10ast, 2 stls
ad 28pts, 10rebs,4 ast, 4 stls, 4 blks
lemarcus 36pts, 6rebs,3 blks

what a time to be alive.

Just when I thought the Kings were finally getting their shit together, they go back to their losing ways. Smh. Meanwhile, the Pacers need to stop collapsing late game.

great game between thunder v. warriors, finally a game that lived up its hype . durant was phenonmenol, but I don't like how okc executed down the stretch, too much hero ball.

First game after Jimmy Butler goes down with an injury is a loss to the fucking Timberwolves. Chicago's in deep trouble now. Unlike last season where the east was so shit that the Rose and Butler less Bulls were able to stay on their feet despite a bad stretch, the East is actually competitive this year. If the Bulls can't even beat the Wolves without Butler it spells trouble for the Bulls and the East in general because the Bulls are the biggest threat to the Cavs. Let's be honest, does anyone here want the Cavs to win the East again?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
#RaptorsNation

Hearing a lot of rumours about us tagetting Markieff Morris and PJ Tucker. Now that Ross isn't complete garbage they could well be the piece that can tip us over the Cavs in the ECF. Fun fact, the Raptors need to go only .500 for the rest of the season to surpass 50 wins and set a new team record.

i honestly believe the bulls are in deep trouble..but it's pretty confusing and perplexing to say because they have beat the top teams but never show up against the worst teams which is weird.

moving on to the celtics, holy shit, they've been the surprise of the year. I've had them going to the playoffs in the beginning of the year, but dang, they are really good, tied for 3rd seed in the East says a lot. I love what Danny Ainge, Brad Stevens and the front office are doing and how the whole Celtics squad is producing as well. Isaiah Thomas was a fucking steal.

i honestly believe the bulls are in deep trouble..but it's pretty confusing and perplexing to say because they have beat the top teams but never show up against the worst teams which is weird.

moving on to the celtics, holy shit, they've been the surprise of the year. I've had them going to the playoffs in the beginning of the year, but dang, they are really good, tied for 3rd seed in the East says a lot. I love what Danny Ainge, Brad Stevens and the front office are doing and how the whole Celtics squad is producing as well. Isaiah Thomas was a fucking steal.
I wasn't surprised to see Boston doing well this year. I am surprised to see the extent of that success but I knew the Celtics would be good this year. The thing I've been most surprised by though is the regression of Milwaukee. They have a nice young duo of Michael Carter-Williams and Jabari Parker and they have Greg Monroe.

I wasn't surprised to see Boston doing well this year. I am surprised to see the extent of that success but I knew the Celtics would be good this year. The thing I've been most surprised by though is the regression of Milwaukee. They have a nice young duo of Michael Carter-Williams and Jabari Parker and they have Greg Monroe.
Milwaukee has been under performing despite their good yr last year. I think the front office just tried to make too many moves at once to put them further like losing B-Knight, Jared Dudley, Zaza Pachulia. They lost veterans and some key shooters to space the floor. The only shooter to space the floor on Milwaukee is Middleton and Bayless (who is meh) if I recall correctly. They got a lot of cutters / slashers like MCW and Giannis and Jabari but no shooters to space the floor

Those three players don't offer much defense, which was their strength last season.

I guess the Pelicans can never catch a break. They're never responsible w/ their injury plagued season, especially bringing in Tyreke Evans quickly. First game back, he plays 31 minutes which is absolutely crazy. Now he's on the verge of another surgery. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)