UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello builders, I would like to request a Semi Stall or Stall team based around Defensive Mega Ampharos. (Preferably semi stall.)

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

Thank you. :]

Reactions: nv
You could at least let us know by like tagging us that our requests got deleted... I waited for it for four months you know, and I was simply stalled for 3 months by the first "builder" that was going to build it for me. And he simply "forgot" it. Then builder Hogg took it (Thanks for the effort, I appreciate it.) but my request had simply dropped in viability before he could take it and he just couldn't because it wasn't viable anymore. Just at least tell it first to NV or something if you're not going to build it anymore, and please do not stall your clients for such a long time. Or please just forfeit your builder spot.

Last edited:
I see there aren't any Gyarados in the archive so I'm going to request it. I honestly don't care what set it is but I'm going to put one here because I'm supposed to.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Also I feel like scarf-moxie Gyara would be a fun set to use/build around, but I'm not sure if it's good or not. So if anybody wants to here is a set, that is of course editable if you'd like.

Gyarados @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

You could at least let us know by like tagging us that our requests got deleted... I waited for it for four months you know, and I was simply stalled for 3 months by the first "builder" that was going to build it for me. And he simply "forgot" it. Then builder Hogg took it (Thanks for the effort, I appreciate it.) but my request had simply dropped in viability before he could take it and he just couldn't because it wasn't viable anymore. Just at least tell it first to NV or something if you're not going to build it anymore, and please do not stall your clients for such a long time. Or please just forfeit your builder spot.
Jesus, they're doing this out of a kindness to the community, trying to help people out. They aren't getting paid or anything(outside of valuable likes).

Just request something else, or build your own teams if you don't want to wait for one. I really hope people don't post in this thread expecting a team instantly provided(those Zam ones were mostly because everyone was building around Zam day 1).

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
LorisMasta17

i like stealing formats heh

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 236 Atk / 32 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave / HP Ice
- Roost
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

What's up man n_n I've already posted this team quite a few times on the UU forum but it fits the request so the builders and I agreed that I might as well post it again. This is pretty much a good example of what balance is in the current meta, with 2 fast offensive threats in Gyarados and Sceptile, and a fantastic defensive core in Swampert, Doublade, Zapdos, and Florges, which all compliment eachother's weaknesses very well. The main goal of this team is wearing the opposing team down w/ the defensive core/hazards and following up with a clean from Gyarados and Sceptile. There's a much better explanation of the team here if you want to read up some more: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/real-friends.3562775/ but yeah, hope you like it :]

Possible changes:
  • Tbolt > Volt Switch on Zapdos
    HP Ice > Heat Wave on Zapdos
  • Pursuit > Sacred Sword for Zam/Mega Bee
as for the scarf gyara request i can prolly work with it if you still want it

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
so, since my fellow teambuilders think that I should "leave some requests for the rest of them" (/me hug Kreme), I'm going to drop a little challenge for y'all here. feel free to ignore it if you feel that it's too far-fetched though. anyway, here it is:

Meloetta @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

considering that it isn't as easy to slap doublade onto teams right now and that meloetta's piroutte form is actually faster than opposing alakazam (unlike many other win conditions), i feel that it could possibly have a niche in this metagame. alakazam's role within this core is to lure sableye and wear down fat psychic-types that meloetta would be helpless against otherwise (so you pretty much aim to overload typical alakazam/meloetta answers).

i'm fine with literally any kind of team, as long as it has relic song meloetta and alakazam. feel free to tweak alakazam's set btw (personally, sash + thunder wave would also be an ok option because it bones aerodactyl/other revenge killers)

---

With that said, some news for the people who requested builds:
  • Our builders are currently brainstorming pretty hard about Yanmega teams (that Pokemon is actually insanely hard to build around)
  • I'll take the Ampharos Stall request
  • Euphonos is working on Baton Pass Zapdos + Hoopa and will do Braviary as well even though it's been formally refused
  • SD Panda is nearly done n_n

Team Overview:
Pearl's offensive P2 team is great! The team consists of the 2,2,2, build where we have 2 main walls that act as hazard placers and removal, 2 slower more bulky offensive pokemon, and 2 fast sweepers. If you check my results above, you will see that I made some nice progress over the course of ten battles. The current meta favors a team like this very well. P2 offense does have a bit of trouble with Assault vest Machamp. The team has no resistances that can deal super effective damage to it nor faster pokemon that can KO it in one hit. Mamoswine is annoying as the team has no solid switches if it needs them. DD Feraligatr is super scary as it can set up on a few things and kill the rest of this team. Basically you have to stay in with gligar and toxic to avoid getting swept. Sucker Punch on Mega Houndoom is really really good on this team. It catches so much. You can look at the battler if you are curious about it. P2 as an offensive pokemon is pretty cool. The power is still a bit underwhelming even with analytic. The damage and bulk combined though works as a nice check to a lot of things in the tier. I found my easiest win condition to be Virizion. Lum berry seems like a necessity since it is the go to water switch besides Tentacruel.

Possible Changes:
I like it how it is. I might opt for a special Virizion with yache berry to help with Mamoswine and scald burns. The problem with that is the lack of physical prowess. Blissey and friends would be a lot more annoying than they already are. Yache berry would also help with Ferg. There are times I wished I had trace over analytic. That's is all for now. I might add more later.
----------------------------------------------

Yeah I will add more to this as I use the team more. Expect the videos to be more organized and better as time progresses.

Hello teambuilders I want to request a team with Sleep Talk Shaymin and Choice Band Crawdaunt. Sleep Talk Shaymin looks outdated but I want to try it in the Gen 6 format. The reason why I want to use Crawdaunt is because I really like the CB set.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Hello teambuilders, I've got some mons that I've been goofing off with that I'd like to see on a team.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off / Drill Run
- Pursuit

Kyurem @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 Atk / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Iron Head

So here's a core that I like for a few reasons, one being that they are criminally underused(ha.) and deserve more love in this tier than they get. The other being that they look sick af and would be Ubers if mons got tiered purely from looking cool(imo). AV Escavalier is currently seeing a boom in usage because of his match up against Alakazam, Cresselia, and Reuniclus, while LO Kyurem is just a nasty wallbreaker that can tear holes in teams all over the place and generally cause mayhem with how hard he is to switch into.

Something to note here on Kyurem is that I've EV'd it to outspeed neutral natured 252 speed Mega Blastoise, and dumped the rest into attack so that it can 2hko Blissey with Draco Meteor and Outrage with SR and a bit of prior damage. Earth Power is typically a better option imo than Iron Head to deal with Steel types, but Iron Head with these EVs 2HKO's CM Florges after SR and can catch it off guard even if you didn't correctly predict the switch in when Florges likely CMs or uses Aromatherapy predicting that you're going to switch out Kyurem.

Anyway, would love to see what you all can do with these guys.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello teambuilders, I've got some mons that I've been goofing off with that I'd like to see on a team.

Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off / Drill Run
- Pursuit

Kyurem @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 Atk / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Iron Head

Anyway, would love to see what you all can do with these guys.
Thanks for your request, i'll try to get this done asap.

Jesus, they're doing this out of a kindness to the community, trying to help people out. They aren't getting paid or anything(outside of valuable likes).

Just request something else, or build your own teams if you don't want to wait for one. I really hope people don't post in this thread expecting a team instantly provided(those Zam ones were mostly because everyone was building around Zam day 1).
What you are missing is this: I did wait, patiently, for 3 months, not saying anything at all to the "builder" that was supposed to be working on it since my request was already admittedly difficult enough. I didn't want to bother him, for I knew it was going to take long. However, I was deceived into thinking that the "builder" was actually working on it. I wish I had saved the actual quote of him when I was informed he actually dropped my team two weeks after the request and never told it to anybody and was warded off by the ignorant words of the same person the same day. I mean, he could have just forgotten to build it, but no, he dropped it and didn't inform anybody about this. What I'm saying is this: He should have informed NV or whoever is in charge of this back when he dropped my team, and should have had either the responsible authorities (aka NV) to properly reject my request when it proved too hard to fulfill or another builder to assign himself to my request, not making me wait until the flush down of old requests and warding me off.

"Jesus, they're doing this out of a kindness to the community. They aren't getting paid or anything." ---> Fyi, this act is also known as "volunteering". While volunteering for a job doesn't make you get any kind of special thing in return, volunteers are still responsible for the jobs they are assigned - it doesn't matter if they took the job at their will or someone else assigned it to them. This "builder" acted irresponsibly - not when he dropped my request, but when he didn't inform the proper authorities about this situation. I don't see the kindness in warding someone off. (Oh, let me inform you, I would have kept my mouth shut and my keyboard unclicked if he had simply forgotten to build it. The foul case is something else here.)

"Just request something else..." I tried, but NV said that I shouldn't post another one before the first one is completed. Of course he said that for the sake of the credibility of the lab, and I agreed on his point, and didn't complain at all. The lab is credible, guys. Just look at all these teams from the lab stored in Aquadext's archive and you'll see why. This is only one incident where only one builder acted simply irresponsibly. While this will hurt that credibility of this lab a little in some people's eyes, the entire lab is should definitely not be viewed as unreliable when there is just one rusty spot - which can be fixed with some lemon and salt - on a huge, sparkling iron plate.

I don't understand why are you acting like I'm a self-centered, sassy jerk who is lacking common sense, Pinkin Lark. Isn't this very offensive? It's not like I started babbling and acting salty only one week after I had my posted my request (there are a few examples of that in this lab too, iirc). You know me, Lark. I've been around for a very long time. You know I'm better than that. Everybody who actually knows me in UU community knows that I'm better that. "Jesus", "I really hope people..." That underline... If I'm not very much mistaken, you don't need that much emphasis there. I'm just a regular, popular user of UU who is seeking a reason, or an apology, behind this simple wrongdoing.

Oh, and Pearl, I wish good luck on your request. n_n

If you are going to respond to me, let's continue this somewhere else, because if this argument does continue here, it is going to derail the thread too much. I don't want that to happen. This is a good lab. I'm just the selfiehater, I won't dislike this tier/lab unless there is a selfie themed something here. Why would I? Most of the long-lasting authorities, voices, and regulars have always been nice to everybody that is affiliated with this tier.

That's a lot of words to make a simple lack of communication sound like the absolute worst thing.

EDIT: Sorry if I come off as a dick, but honestly the issue is really something better off dealt with one on one than with a long post like this. A several paragraph rant was just overkill really and no matter what you tag at the end will derail the thread to some degree. I'm sorry that happened, but in the future this is probably something you should have sent in a PM or kept a little more brief to be more effective.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb

Can I get a Venomoth team, this thing is really cool to use but no matter what I always think my team is extremely flawed when I build around it. Just a simple offensive build would be nice. Honestly this thing is extremely good and underrated and a lot of team just fall flat to it since they aren't prepared to tackle it.

Anyways, for the sake of rerailing the thread, time for another request. Ahem.

/me clears throat

Hi guys, gals, and everybody else! I'm Staraptor 4 UU, aka selfiehater as I'm known on PS here with yet another request for my builder friends here! Today, I'm up with a request of a Hyper Offense team around a really underrated set: Lead Double-Edge regular Aerodactyl.

௵௵௵௵ (Aerodactyl) (F) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: ? Atk / ? SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Please do not change Double-Edge from this set.

Aerodactyl is definitely the most consistent suicide lead in the tier right now for that it is guaranteed to get its own rocks up and almost guaranteed to prevent the opposing lead from setting its rocks up due to having access to the combination of blazing Speed and the moves Taunt and Double-Edge. Double-Edge is for sacrificing itself after it has successfully done its job. Too bad its better ability, Unnerve, is not compatible with Double-Edge so it can't really dispose Custap Berry Forretress as reliably. To be honest, it was always this consistent for HO, but with the recent fall in usage and viability of defensive playstyles, HO - and thus, Aerodactyl- has gotten much more viable now.

Well, in my opinion something underrated should be paired with something overrated, no?

Crawdaunt is my alter ego. (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite/Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost (Strong Jaw after Mega Evolution)
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Filler

Please use a positive-natued Attack stat on Sharpedo. (Or SpA if an RU versioned LO Shark is coming up.)

Let me make something clear first: This monster is not overrated right now. However, it was arguably very overrated until a few weeks ago. It had disappointed me whenever I have used it, as it would always be lacking in either the Speed department or damage output department to clean, resulting me in using either LO shark or another cleaner or mega in its place. But now, with the fall and defeat of defensive playstyles, I believe it finally deserves its high rank (on the near-top of A iirc) on the UU Viability Rankings, and I really want to try it out again.

Anyways, it's just your good old basic af bread-and-butter late-game cleaner, with somewhat hard-hitting moves like STAB Strong-Jaw-boosted Crunch and STAB Waterfall and a nice pre-Mega ability to sneak a Speed boost or two before shoveling the remaining of the enemy team into the dustbin. Adamant nature is for more damage output, since its damage output is still arguably disappointing with a Jolly Nature.

While I did provide a sample Mega Sharpedo set, I honestly do not care about its set at all. As long as it has a Pokédex number of either 318 or 319, and does not have a Speed-boosting Nature, use whatever your kind builder hearts tell you to use.

Well, nothing more to say. Thanks in advance to the kind-hearted person who builds this. n_n

Trivial fact: There is a theory going on around the Internet that Crawdaunt was originally designed to be Carvanha's alternate evolution. Search it imo, it is a cool theory.

Last edited:
Could I request a team around Megadoom and Sableye? Houndoom is really fun in the current meta but i've had very little success getting it to work. Sets are not set in stone so any changes to moves/EVs are up to the builders discretion. Thanks :]
Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Filler

Sableye
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover

This is an old request. If you aren't happy with my request and would like me to take it down, just let me know.

Hello, I'm new to UU and I would like to request a team around Defensive Zapdos and Mega Beedrill. Feel free to edit them however you like. (I'd really appreciate if you didn't change the nature on Zapdos however.)

Zapdos is a tank, it can take physical hits and special hits alike, can set statuses with Discharge and Toxic, and has access to recovery with Lefties/Roost. Roar for setup/wallbreakers.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost

Beedrill is fast as hell and hits like a truck. Protect for the first turn to get the speed boost, then u-turn, p-jab and drill run for coverage.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Drill Run

Together I think these two make a great core, however I am new to this tier so I don't know entirely and I'm open to sugestions/improvements on either of these mons. Thanks much :)

Reactions: nv

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Could I request a team around Megadoom and Sableye? Houndoom is really fun in the current meta but i've had very little success getting it to work. Sets are not set in stone so any changes to moves/EVs are up to the builders discretion. Thanks :]
Villa

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Recover

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Spiky Shield

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

So this is a basic semi-stall team that I've been using some variation or another of since Crawdaunt dropped, and it has remained pretty consistently good. Nothing too complicated - it plays like your typical semi-stall with a solid defensive backbone, but it can actually put a decent amount of offensive pressure on teams with hazards plus NP Doom and SD Cobalion. Sucker Punch on Houndoom gives you a bit of chip damage against a lot of different things and also OHKOs Alakazam when it tries to revenge you, but if you don't like it, Taunt and Flame Charge are both cool options. Nidoqueen is annoying, but with hazards, Shuca Cobalion, Doom and some careful playing you can usually get around it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-303911087 - Here's a replay of me using a version of the team vs Sam for BotW.

I'm having trouble with the replay search function but I know there are a bunch more of me with the team; once it's back up I can add some more.

Hope you enjoy!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Threw

Only one version this time and it's not even HO, but here's Yanmega for you:

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Psywave
- Toxic

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

First of all: Yanmega pretty much forces you into running some way of removing hazards, so it's nearly impossible to build a viable HO team with Yanmega (that is, unless you run Espeon / Mega Absol / Taunt Sableye as your only way of blocking opposing hazards). With that said, here's a nice balance squad. Tentacruel is the hazard remover and Bronzong / Whimsicott protect the team from a myriad of threats. Psywave (aka poor men's Seismic Toss) Bronzong weakens Pokemon that have an easy time setting up on it otherwise, such as Gyarados, which helps the team a lot. Absol works as a nice Fairy-type lure with Iron Tail, while also providing the team with a secondary win condition, priority and hazard control. Chandelure rounds off the team by luring and weakening Pokemon such as Florges for Yanmega, while also checking Infernape pretty nicely without forcing Tentacruel to take a load of damage.

Possible changes:
  • Different 3rd move on Yanmega. Shadow Ball gets neutral coverage on Steel-types while also doing decent damage to Aerodactyl, but Giga Drain / Ancient Power / HP Ground probably work nicely as well.
  • Different 4th move on Absol (Superpower or Play Rough. You can also drop Swords Dance)
  • Different 3rd move on Bronzong if you're not a fan of Psywave.
  • A different Chandelure set. Choice Specs nukes stuff pretty well, but due to how common Pursuit Aerodactyl is right now, you can opt to run Substitute + Will-O-Wisp or any other Substitute variant.
Still haven't started working on Mega Ampharos stall, so it might take a bit to get that one done. Sorry about that D:

Threw

cohiba
Yeah I figured offense would be pretty hard haha. This team looks great though, can't wait to give it a try. Thanks, guys

Hey everyone, awesome teams here and glad to see this is revived. Special shoutouts to pearl as your teams look really fun and diverse and the formatting of your post is great as well.

Anyway, I hope I have a fun request here:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Drill Run

Building in the zam meta is pretty difficult for me since I haven't played it yet and can't really theorymon since zam has little defensive answers (I imagine the meta is a lot more offensive)

Zam has the standard psychic, sball, fblast coverage and last move is to hit sableye. The only things that really check zam in uu (correct me if im wrong) is a defensive check like escav (unless hp fire but thats prob not a set), really fat mons like florges, blissey, and p2, and offensive checks like aero, beedrill, etc. I figured my own escav can be a very nice partner since it can switch into zam checks quite easily and do big damage in return. Escav appreciates zam hurting sableye for it and breaking down physical tanks like swampert, chesnaught, etc while zam likes escav pivoting into its own checks. Looking for some bulky offense/offensive balance team and feel free to change the sets. I hope this is a nice core!

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pearl

Doing a Shiba and stealing format

Meloetta @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Return
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Krookodile @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Encore
- U-turn

Ok so this was the draft I ended up liking the most of the ~5 I made. I went for Doublade after the original core of Melo-P + Alakazam since it covered a lot of threats to offense I didn't want to think about, like Mega Aerodactyl and Slurpuff, and I opted for a Gyro Ball variant to help deal with Dragon Dance Salamence. I then just really wanted to secure an Entei answer since those things always annoy my offense teams so I went for specially offensive Salamence w/ Defog so I could also fit in hazard removal. Yache so Abomasnow + Mamoswine aren't as annoying. Next up I have Earth Plate + Taunt Krookodile so I could have Intimidate core w/ Salamence so a lot of physical threats are much less threatening and it could help a lot with stall while providing a Stealth Rock setter. Lastly, I still needed a check for offensive Water-types that wasn't Salamence and I wanted more insurance against Dragon-types and bulky Water-types so just smacked in obligatory Whimsicott.

Possible Changes:
  • Iron Head variant > Gyro Ball variant on Doublade with Pursuit / Shadow Claw over Sacred Sword, the former to deal with Beedrill and Alakazam better and the latter to deal with bulky Psychic types a lot better.
  • A million other Alakazam variants including CM to help deal with stall better, Focus Sash to help out against offense, Substitute for balance, etc. Maybe Energy Ball > Dazzling Gleam to help out with bulky Water-types more.
  • Pursuit > Taunt on Krookodile to help against Chandelure, and this in tandem w/ Tanga Berry to deal with Beedrill better if that's your thing.
edit: Do note that honestly I do think there are a few issues with the team so you can change it however you like, I just really think there's too much to attempt to ideally account for in the current metagame tbh with this core.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I wouldn't drop SpDef on Melo seeing as it's not an awful Zam pivot, is Relic Song damage that important? Now you have a decent shot to be 2hkoed by Focus whereas if you're neutral you can switch in almost unconditionally w/out hazards and get a Relic Song off.

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Meloetta: 157-186 (46 - 54.5%) -- 54.7% chance to 2HKO

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't drop SpDef on Melo seeing as it's not an awful Zam pivot, is Relic Song damage that important? Now you have a decent shot to be 2hkoed by Focus whereas if you're neutral you can switch in almost unconditionally w/out hazards and get a Relic Song off.

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Meloetta: 157-186 (46 - 54.5%) -- 54.7% chance to 2HKO
I'm not really experienced with Melo at all so honestly whatever you or Pearl or anybody feels best with natures just go ahead, I just put -SpD since after the transformation the SpD is less anyway and I'd rather minimize any damage from prio. I'm not sure on how important it is w/ Relic Song calcs but don't want to minus it just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)