Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it that thing is such a pain in the ass to wall (mixed life orb set ), sure its frail but dam i can hurt a lot
I got destroyed by one of his brothers in my first matches in PU, however i think monkey deserves the tier, he was barely played in NU.

So when it comes to usage, why isn't normal form keldeo considered a different form. I know its stats are the same, but it can't use Secret Sword. Shouldn't UU be able to use Keldeo without Secret Sword?

So when it comes to usage, why isn't normal form keldeo considered a different form. I know its stats are the same, but it can't use Secret Sword. Shouldn't UU be able to use Keldeo without Secret Sword?
Stats and typing are the same. Same deal with Gastrodons, Basculins, etc. Basculins are a great example because IIRC there's an ability that's unique to one forme.

Here is the real tier shift for FU
Rises:Nothing
Drops:
Lopunny
Glalie
Banette
Vibrava
Luxray
Gothitelle
Golduck
Simipour
Volbeat
Meowstick

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tfw
| 57 | Milotic | 4.868% |
| 59 | Vaporeon | 4.778% |
| 71 | Alomomola | 2.474% |
| 74 | Slowking | 1.824% |

Yeah UU, if you could learn how to actually use bulky Water-types, that'd be great.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
tfw

Yeah UU, if you could learn how to actually use bulky Water-types, that'd be great.
But the only bulky water you need is Suicune

D ranks in RU still have usage :/ They should make a [RU] tag = RU by usage but unviable in the tier. Newbies wouldn't see Ambipom on the top of the list for example and if they found them down there they'd think "here it says that it is unviable, better use another one" That kind of mons would go to NU for sure.

So AloBliss offense time, got it.
tfw

Those water types are doing different jobs and have different counters. What do you mean with alobliss offense time?
D ranks in RU still have usage :/ They should make a [RU] tag = RU by usage but unviable in the tier. Newbies wouldn't see Ambipom on the top of the list for example and if they found them down there they'd think "here it says that it is unviable, better use another one" That kind of mons would go to NU for sure.
ru-1760

61 | Ambipom | 3.18572% | 26892 | 11.653% | 22051 | 12.345%
68 | Cinccino | 2.75744% | 21416 | 9.280% | 15979 | 8.946%

Even in highest ranks he is used quiet more than other pokes.. i gues even in tha tier there are newbies like Erika said.

IMO if the whole Ru staff keeps complaining about ambi, just send him to NU and see how he fits there, maybe there he will get the praise he gets here.

Those water types are doing different jobs and have different counters. What do you mean with alobliss offense time?

ru-1760

Even in highest ranks he is used quiet more than other pokes.. i gues even in tha tier there are newbies like Erika said.

IMO if the whole Ru staff keeps complaining about ambi, just send him to NU and see how he fits there, maybe there he will get the praise he gets here.
I won't explain the joke.

That's not how the tiering system works. If it was, believe me, they'd have been banished long ago.

ru-1760

Or maybe trolls who like to use shitmons. I fought a guy with a whole FEAR team trying to get reqs for the Venomoth suspect.
Like Jordan explained earlier, that's not how tier shifts work. A Pokémon can be removed from a tier via quick bans (such as the recent banning of Gyaradosite to BL) or dropped out of a banlist due to a policy change (like Venomoth and Smeargle after the Baton Pass nerf), but you can't affect usage-based tiers. You could try to make a case for Venomoth going from BL to RU, but that was due to the fact that it was RU before being banned to BL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)