2016 musics

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Hey I'm getting into trap music, please recommend me someone to listen to.
I'd recommend some older stuff over this new wave of trap. With most of the old no limit, hypnotize minds, and rap-a-lot records you can't go wrong. Without these guys you couldn't have trap today. Alot of the production and lyrical content was exceptional for its time and holds up nicely even today.

0 exciting metal things so far from what I could see
i already have like 30 metal things bookmarked.

new Cult of Luna and The Old Wind split is good.

new Love Sex Machine is great.

new The Lion's Daughter is great.

Chthe'ilist is some cavernous death metal cool shit.

listening to the new Lycus right now and it is crushing my puny brain.

non-metal the new Daughter is lush as fuck.

hi
underground is always 10/10

Witchhelm, from Ohio, which plays doom/sludge metal, released Jötunn EP (named after giants of norse mithology) at january 1st.

i have this bookmarked, looks good.

i really wanna find something i could fuck w/on anti, but it's just coming off as really shallow and underdeveloped in spite of some more lush sounds in contrast to her previous stuff. idk, maybe it's me D:

the new black tusk has been pretty enjoyable for me. it's not redefining the wheel or anything, but if you're itching for some well-performed sludge metal, then i'd say its worth a listen.
https://blacktusk.bandcamp.com/album/pillars-of-ash

also, i'm pretty awful at keeping tabs on this stuff apparently, but ash koosha's set to drop a new album april 1st, and dropped a teaser track on his soundcloud a little over a week ago. kinda nutty given he dropped his debut last june, but from what i'm to understand of events leading up to it, there was probably a fair amount of backlog. anyway, it offers the same unique and textured sound-crafting from his debut, though i guess you could say his iranian roots shine thru a fair bit more evidently in bits, which i think goes over well. a little more structured than i'd have expected from him honestly, but i dug it.
https://soundcloud.com/ashkoosha

peter brotzmann put something out with the ici ensemble, which is a german free jazz collective. i recommend it a lot.

also i've been bumping this gucci mane zaytoven mixtape. i understand it as a collection of unreleased tracks, probably from the late 2000s. it's called Mama's Basement. u can get it here. my fav release of 2016 thus far, although im excited for yndi halda, swans, kanye, another heino/o'rourke/ambarchi collab, DOOMSTARKS (if it's actually coming out), whatever record's are coming out on the Constellation label, and maybe I'll even enjoy a RTJ album.

i have some weird music i listen to i guess, but if you wanna read about my thoughts on upcoming albums, feel free to!

firstly, anti. i actually found anti to be a very nice and just... rihanna album. it had some good jams, my personal favorite being the lead single work (absolutely love this song). desperado was one of the only songs on the album that i felt was really not worked on hard enough and could've been better, but overall, i felt the album was good and i believe it's charting well so far.

then there's happy camper by hoodie allen. i thought this little album was some of hoodie's greatest work. nothing will top crew cuts, but i do think it was a tad a head of all american. in my opinion, it's definitely crew cuts > happy camper > all american = people keep talking. excluded pep rally and leap year since i felt those albums were really hoodie just finding out who he was and where his music career was going, and it wouldn't be fair. crew cuts is where i think hoodie found himself and he actually made it into the music business head on. back to happy camper though. i really jam with intro to anxiety, and the overall rhymes on the album just rock.

next is one of the most underrated, and really wacky artists out there, cupcakKe. she's a rapper trying to make it, and her mixtape actually just released today. it's called 'cum cake' if that indicates to you how weird she is. even i think the album art is really weird and just kinda disgusting, but i fuck with her music so it's no big deal to me. if you want to listen to some kind of weird rap, listen to image before the other songs, since it's acquired. i mean ffs she has a song titled 'vagina' and another called 'deepthroat'. both are excellent though, and and so is exceptions which takes on a new approach to her usual image. she's overall a really odd person and makes some weird music, but some of her beats go OFF and i really enjoy listening to her. you can skip 'kash doll diss' if you want though, it's kinda her worst song on soundcloud aha. my fave of her new mixtape is 'reality part two'. here's her soundcloud if you're interested: https://soundcloud.com/elizabeth-harris-480819185. yeah she's weird, but i do suggest giving her a chance. her music just isn't for everyone though which is really understandable. also, one last thing, bad girls is one of her breakthroughs at the moment. i actually kinda like uma's voice, but she's not *that* good aha.

then there is the 1975's new album and i can not wait! i like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it is what it's called for those unaware. i heavily fuck with their music, and their self-titled album is such a great breakthrough. if you want to get into their music, i suggest 'menswear' and 'robbers'. those songs really introduce you to their style. so excited for the album! UGH! was such a good song and i'm excited for what's to come.

m.i.a is releasing 'matahdatah' this year too. that is the album. the one album i feel will most definitely be slept on but will be so impactful. she already showed us the beginning with 'border' and if it continues the same line as border, then the entire album will be a masterpiece. m.i.a is one of my favorite artists, so i'm incredibly hyped for this album. i'm sure you've all heard 'paper planes', but m.i.a does have more beyond that aha. 'exodus' and 'come around' are some of her songs that i like that really don't get recognized. please buy this! D:

'mind of mine' by zayn is coming out. 'pillowtalk' is sooo good. could jam to that all day and not get tired of it. zayn, since leaving one direction, seems to truly be himself and to be... happy. his music is reflecting that and pillowtalk really shows that he's not afraid to be himself anymore. moving past the younger audience is a big step, and like the song says fuck, which obviously would never happen in a one direction song, so it's interesting. his voice is angelic, as is well his entire face and everything about him, but you know. the album is gonna rock, and i predict it being incredibly well-selling and popular.

finally, i'll group two of them together because one is obvious and the other is so unheard of that she doesn't have enough content for a paragraph lol. firstly is drake's highly-anticipated 'views from the 6' which will obviously be out here breaking records lol. excited for that one. besides that, alunageorge is releasing new music and i couldn't be more in love. you might know her from 'you know you like it' that she remixed with dj snake. body music is her only album, but it's such an exceptional album i can't believe it's not more popular. also, i'm referring to alunageorge as just she, but it's actually a duo, hence aluna + george. george just does electronics though, so it's easier to just say she since aluna does the singing, and man does she kill it.

so yeah, that's the music i'm most looking forward to this year. i think this year will definitely rock for music, and it'll for sure upstage last year, which only had a few albums i personally enjoyed a ton (see: 25, purpose, honeymoon). but yeah.

today was my first time listening to yndi halda. i picked up the single that's to accompany their new album. as i listened i thought 'yawn, typical crescendocore, sounds like a regular godspeed imitator', but then it got to the crescendo and i was like 'aight maybe this doesn't suck.' ill check out their first album sometime soon. not quite sure if im excited for them to release something, although ill probably check it out

listened to it again and the song is mad corny dude. i hope there old album is like this. the vocals are so corny >______>

New Chthe'ilist is really really good, reminds me a lot of Artificial Brain's Labyrinth Constellation which I love. Lots of Gorguts/Ulcerate/Demilich in there

Can't wait for the actual high quality version of The Life of Pablo. I love what I've heard so far.

In other news in my personal music pursuits, I'm retiring the Daydream Society name to start developing a new style. This new track I've dropped is kind of like a combination of shoegaze/dream pop, psychedelic, and plain old electronica mashed up into some weirdness. I'm using a lot of the same ambient sounding synths as before but adding more structure and airy, distant vocals in the background that you can barely make out. But I feel like it contributes a lot to the overall weird feeling of the track. Definitely would love strong feedback as I continue to experiment with this new style
https://valenceofficial.bandcamp.com/track/random-intervals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)