General Introduce yourself!

Heyo Smogon!

I'm a long time lurker, and have been a player of Pokémon since Emerald. I've gotten through every generation since then except Black/White, and really started digging into the Metagame round about the start of ORAS. I'm a bit of a hard core breeder, and tend to terrify those I know with how organized my PC boxes are. I even went through the work necessary to breed perfect dittos of varying natures to create my teams.

Just under 500 hrs in ORAS, over 1,000 eggs hatched, etc. I've heard of showdown, but I've sadly never really shown any interest in it.

That aside, I'll supply my Friend Code and all that fun soon enough for trades/WiFi battles! That, and a team or two for rating in the rate my team section. It'd be great to get some input as to how I can improve, and areas of weakness!

Heyo Smogon!

I'm a long time lurker, and have been a player of Pokémon since Emerald. I've gotten through every generation since then except Black/White, and really started digging into the Metagame round about the start of ORAS. I'm a bit of a hard core breeder, and tend to terrify those I know with how organized my PC boxes are. I even went through the work necessary to breed perfect dittos of varying natures to create my teams.

Just under 500 hrs in ORAS, over 1,000 eggs hatched, etc. I've heard of showdown, but I've sadly never really shown any interest in it.

That aside, I'll supply my Friend Code and all that fun soon enough for trades/WiFi battles! That, and a team or two for rating in the rate my team section. It'd be great to get some input as to how I can improve, and areas of weakness!
Man that is some serious breeding! Any tips for breeding perfect dittos other than a lot of patience? :P

Man that is some serious breeding! Any tips for breeding perfect dittos other than a lot of patience? :P
Sadly no, lol.

Breeding the Dittos for the stats you want and natures was the hardest part, but once you get them, just having to cycle through an Everstone is totally worth it to save time. The hardest one to get was a Quiet Ditto with 0 speed IVs for Aegislash breeding.

Most frustrating process ever, bro.

Sadly no, lol.

Breeding the Dittos for the stats you want and natures was the hardest part, but once you get them, just having to cycle through an Everstone is totally worth it to save time. The hardest one to get was a Quiet Ditto with 0 speed IVs for Aegislash breeding.

Most frustrating process ever, bro.
That's actually what I'm doing right now. I know your pain, except I'm trying for Sassy.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hi Endal, welcome to Smogon Forums! I'd love to be your team builder friend! You can send me a PM and we'd be all set to chat from there. Also, are you looking for a certain place on the forums? If so, what would you be interested in? Do you have any questions? It might be wise to visit the Smogon Simple Questions thread for a quick answer. Hope you settle in, just shoot me a PM!

Hi,

Been on and off Pokemon since I was a kid. Recently got in to omega ruby however online is just full of people using over powered legandaries (boring!!)

I wanted more fun out the game so I did some research on the various tiers and this website. So I'm hoping I can meet some cool people to have competitive matches with! Although to start with I'm mainly going to be in UU tier. (Dunno if anyone uses that tier much but there you go) catch ya later :)

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi,

Been on and off Pokemon since I was a kid. Recently got in to omega ruby however online is just full of people using over powered legandaries (boring!!)

I wanted more fun out the game so I did some research on the various tiers and this website. So I'm hoping I can meet some cool people to have competitive matches with! Although to start with I'm mainly going to be in UU tier. (Dunno if anyone uses that tier much but there you go) catch ya later :)
Hey there, Shadow1990! Welcome to Smogon!

Online, a lot of people do use over-powered Pokemon, but that's what tiers are for. If you play the Ubers tier, you're virtually allowed any Pokemon (with a few exceptions, iirc). But as you go down the tier list (so Ubers>OU>UU>RU>NU>UU>PU>LC), the amount of legendaries you can use slowly decrease, which is a good thing for people that don't like facing them.

UU is a really fun tier; check out the UU Room on main, and the UU sub-forum. You can also check out the Tournaments Sub-Forum, to see if there are any UU battles going on! You should hang out in those rooms, and get a better overview of the tier, before actually making a team. If you want, you can post it in the RMT Sub-Forum, so that we can check it out, and tell you what can be improved (just make sure you read the RMT rules before making the thread!). If you don't know how to set out your RMT, check out the RMT Archive, or see my RMT (in my signature). You can use this link for sprites.

If you have any questions, just PM me, and I'll try and help!

EDIT: Some useful links for you to read (sorry if I'm bombarding you with links, it's just that I think they would explain it better than me!); Tiers, Guide to Competitive Pokemon.

Hi,

Well Sobi was quite thorough so all that's left for me is to say: welcome dude! My main tier is UU so just message if you ever have a question or want to test!

Hello everyone! Not sure if I introduced myself when I joined years ago. I've played pokemon since gen 1, never battled competitively, but I've been breeding lot's of pokemon, more or less at random, based on the builds here on smogon. I'm working on building my first competitive team, I've got 4 poke's picked out so far, and I'd really like to get some input on my choices so far, and what 2 poke's, if any, could round the team out. Is there an appropriate place in these forums to get input on incomplete teams?

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hello everyone! Not sure if I introduced myself when I joined years ago. I've played pokemon since gen 1, never battled competitively, but I've been breeding lot's of pokemon, more or less at random, based on the builds here on smogon. I'm working on building my first competitive team, I've got 4 poke's picked out so far, and I'd really like to get some input on my choices so far, and what 2 poke's, if any, could round the team out. Is there an appropriate place in these forums to get input on incomplete teams?
Hi ArchMageDiablo, welcome, glad you could join us on the forums! I can assist you with your team, I could give you feedback on it and help you see what other Pokemon you could add! You could send me a PM, that'd be awesome! Also, after your teams are finished and you want more feedback, you can post your team under the correct tier in the Rate My Team forums. Also, if you have any questions it'd be good to visit the Smogon Simple Questions thread or send me a PM! Hope to year from you!

Sobi

Banned deucer.

Hey there! It's great to hear that you've been playing since Gen 1! I started playing at Gen 3, but I wasn't a very good battler. You should check out the Breeding Room on Pokémon Showdown or the WiFi Sub-Forum for discussion on breeding. If you need any help with your team, feel free to PM me, and we'll discuss it together. You can also check the Competitive Tutoring Room as well as the room that corresponds to the tier you are building the team for (eg, OU room for OU, Battle Spot for BS Teams). Once they are finished, you can post it in the RMT Sub-Forum where it will be analyzed and improved, if needed (incomplete teams aren't allowed in the RMT Sub-Forum).

Have a nice day, and if you have any queries, just PM me.

Hi,

I don't recommend using online for battling except the battle spot ratings ones. Legendaries also don't fluctuate the battle or change the outcome unless there in ubers. Welcome to smogon also and if you need something I'm here to talk. My friend Christian loves the UU tier and I prefer RU. If you need help with advice on team building in those tiers I'll help out to the best of my abilities. Hope you have a great day.

I played heart gold when I was a kid and loved it then I got more involved and now I play everyday in class. So can anyone tell me the main use of these forums?

Hello everyone!
I know this is almost certainly the wrong Pokemon site to be asking for assessments based almost entirely on aesthetics, but my line-ups were always picked on such, even from Pokemon Blue/Red (Blastoise/Gyarados, Arcanine/Charizard, Jolteon, Nidoking, Aerodactyl, Alakazam/Gengar/In generations from Ruby/Sapphire it's Gardevoir) - I'm awful at the metagame, so I just stick with the team that's always served me well. But my question now is twofold - 1) could anybody make a team that could work in the metagame out of that selection of pokemon? (Subbing at least two out is fine, I'm just curious as to how everything in the metagame gets decided) and 2) What's everybody's most aesthetically pleasing team that's actually successful in the metagame? Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if you're describing (for example) Aegislash as aesthetically satisfactory then you're clearly blind.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
I played heart gold when I was a kid and loved it then I got more involved and now I play everyday in class. So can anyone tell me the main use of these forums?
todredrob, the forums are used for a lot of things, from battling to tutoring to WiFi. Are you interested in a certain area, or looking for a specific place on the forums?

Also, are there any other British people here? And is there a British conversation occurring somewhere? For example, a British Pokemon Players subreddit? I've searched for one, but for some reason, not found one...

@todredob, the forums are used for a lot of things, from battling to tutoring to WiFi. Are you interested in a certain area, or looking for a specific place on the forums?
Chat, hangout and battle with people on showdown, so if there a forum/thread for that. Might stay here for a while but idk I'm pretty addicted to a few sites.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hello everyone!
I know this is almost certainly the wrong Pokemon site to be asking for assessments based almost entirely on aesthetics, but my line-ups were always picked on such, even from Pokemon Blue/Red (Blastoise/Gyarados, Arcanine/Charizard, Jolteon, Nidoking, Aerodactyl, Alakazam/Gengar/In generations from Ruby/Sapphire it's Gardevoir) - I'm awful at the metagame, so I just stick with the team that's always served me well. But my question now is twofold - 1) could anybody make a team that could work in the metagame out of that selection of pokemon? (Subbing at least two out is fine, I'm just curious as to how everything in the metagame gets decided) and 2) What's everybody's most aesthetically pleasing team that's actually successful in the metagame? Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if you're describing (for example) Aegislash as aesthetically satisfactory then you're clearly blind.
Hi dagrfama, welcome! Are you needing help with teambuilding, or editing your team? Perhaps I can help, or you you can visit the Rate My Team forum. Also, there are rooms on Pokémon Showdown for different languages, you might wanna visit one of those. There is also a Competitive Tutoring room on there as well.

Last edited:

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Chat, hangout and battle with people on showdown, so if there a forum/thread for that. Might stay here for a while but idk I'm pretty addicted to a few sites.
Okay todredrob, there are a few places like that. First, there is a Competitive Discussions forum, where you can discuss everything about competitive Pokémon. If that's not what you're looking for, there is a WiFi forum, where you can battle and breed! You can also participate in Pokémon Showdown.

Okay todredrob, there are a few places like that. First, there is a Competitive Discussions forum, where you can discuss everything about competitive Pokémon. If that's not what you're looking for, there is a WiFi forum, where you can battle and breed! You can also participate in Pokémon Showdown.
Is there really any chat threads? I play showdown pretty much the only reason I got here.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Is there really any chat threads? I play showdown pretty much the only reason I got here.
There's not really as direct chatting as it is in Pokémon Showdown, but I mentioned that there is a Competitive Discussions thread, just for talking about Pokémon competitively. I think the most direct chatting is on PS, but you can also have private conversations with users on the forums as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)