Other SMOGON NOMIC (PROPOSAL PHASE 18)

yes to all but pokemon battle

if this become a pokemon tournament i'm out. Sorry everyone but this is the level 0 of creativity on this forum, seriously if you want to play pokemon you have the whole rest of the forum to do as you want.

Last edited:

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
The reason for Pokemon is because it is something we are all familiar with and something we can all actually play without having to download or anything.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
[NO] to 'Cause this is FILLER! because I have a rule I need to propose regarding host accountability that I'm pretty sure is technically in violation of this proposal.

[YES] to the rest.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I don't really care whether some of these pass or not, but I'll go with NO to everything, except my own, which I shall not vote on. 'Cause this is FILLER! makes no sense, since everything can be interpreted into doing one of those things.

Yes to Proposal: Attack on Nomic Mk. II
No to rest

I have played maybe a total of 20 serious pokemon in the last 12 months. Throw me into the resigning if this becomes a pokemon match because I'm not about to sink that much time back into that right now.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Repeal 10.1 Nicknames

I dunno, I feel like this has run its course. This pretty much has only tripped up new people and has in general made it more difficult and frustrating to talk about things here. I feel like there is enough distaste for this now to get this out. We can move on to more gimmicks if we want, but I'd really like to be able to discuss things.
passes

PROPOSAL : SNITCHING

When a player doesn't follow a rule, another player can point it out. The player that points it out first earns 5 points.
passes with 5 votes, becoming rule 16.1.

Proposal: Attack on Nomic Mk. II

During the action phase, players may choose to attack another player. This is done privately by PMing the hosts your target. Players start out with 1 ATK, meaning their attacks do 1 damage. Attacks are blockable by a bulletproof vest. If the attacker has a gun, they may choose to bolster their attack with the gun, expending a bullet to increase the damage by 1. Additionally, all players gain 10 HP at the time of this proposal's passing.
passes with 5 votes, becoming rule 16.2.

Proposal: 'Cause this is FILLER!

All proposals from this point forward must do at least one of the following:

A) Add a new mechanic
B) Tweak a mechanic
C) Link two or more mechanics together
D) Remove a Mechanic

Failing to comply cuts your point total in half, as well as causing you to lose 5 HP and 500 GP
fails to pass with 3 votes

Proposal: Proper Tags Pls
The hosts will post in the tags immediately instead of editing them in, so that we can actually see when we're tagged.
passes with 4 votes, becoming rule 16.3

Proposal: Pokemon Battle
At any time, a player can challenge another player to a Pokemon battle on PokemonShowdown. It can't be refused, and must be scheduled to occur within a week. The hosts may determine an activity win if necessary. The tier will be ORAS OU unless both players agree on a different tier. The winner of a Pokemon battle under this rule gains 5 points, while the loser loses 2 points. A player can't battle the same player more than once.
passes with 4 votes, becoming rule 16.4

PokeguyNXB 6 points, 20 hp, 145 gold.
ButteredToast 13 points, 21 hp, 155 gold.
Pidge 11 points, 20 hp, 190 gold.
Izhuark 11 points, 20 hp, 130 gold.
Walrein 11 points, 20 hp, 160 gold.
Phione 11 points, 20 hp, 155 gold.
TeToN 7 points, 20 hp, 155 gold.
Maleovex 6 points, 20 hp, 110 gold.

loads of gold changes

if you've an issue feel free to bring it up with me or acidphoenix

Last edited:
Oh. Well that sucked. At least you guys are making rules i like again though... and that god-forsaken nickname rule is history. Nice to call you by your own usernames again ButteredToast, Pidge, Izhuark, Walrein, Phione, TeToN, and Maleovex.

Proposal: Legendary Item Shop
You can now buy any Legendary Item for 3000 gold

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
pokeguy you can already buy items

Proposal: I'm tired of having to open a new tab to vote on friggin proposals
At the beginning of the voting phase, the hosts must post all proposals which are up for a vote. Failure to do so will require the hosts to buy Walrein $5 worth of RP on League of Legends.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Proposal: Hoarding & Healing
Duting action phases you may chooses to Hoard OR Heal, meaning you gain 1 point or HP respectively(your HP cannot go over 10) you may only do one of these every second round.
Edit: Your choice MUST be posted in chat, and not posting does not count as hoarding

Proposal: Abilities
On passage of this proposal, every player may PM the hosts any Pokémon ability to use. They will have all of the effects of this ability, interpreted by the hosts. Some are simpler than others (e.g., Sturdy is pretty obvious in this game), so the players will have to pick their ability wisely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)