Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Charizard has two megas which Venu / Blastoise didn't receive, even with possible follow up games to expand on them (ORAS). Greninja is highly popular so preferential treatment that also has precedent isn't really out of the blue lol.

In terms on how you'd establish this in a follow-up game, appearance-wise could just be customization or something AZ-esque as "the transformation occurred in Kalos 1000 years ago". Activation could be something ala Mega Rayquaza and require Water Shuriken as a move to activate the m-evo.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Charizard has two megas which Venu / Blastoise didn't receive, even with possible follow up games to expand on them (ORAS). Greninja is highly popular so preferential treatment that also has precedent isn't really out of the blue lol.

In terms on how you'd establish this in a follow-up game, appearance-wise could just be customization or something AZ-esque as "the transformation occurred in Kalos 1000 years ago". Activation could be something ala Mega Rayquaza and require Water Shuriken as a move to activate the m-evo.
Hmm, and all Kalos starters have a signature move (Delphox has Mystical Fire, Chesnaught has Spiky Shield). Hey, that could even give Keldeo's Resolute Forme having a point by changing it into a Mega Evolution.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Those moves lost their exclusive status in ORAS, plus it would stuck to have to run Water Shuriken or Mystical Fire to have access to Mega Greninja and Mega Delphox. They'd have a dead moveslot.

Those moves lost their exclusive status in ORAS, plus it would stuck to have to run Water Shuriken or Mystical Fire to have access to Mega Greninja and Mega Delphox. They'd have a dead moveslot.
Depends if Mega Greninja gets a much improved attack... Water Shuriken does more damage on average than Quick Attack, Aqua Jet, etc. (47.52 vs. 40) while still having the same kind of priority. It's not the best, but ehh...you can make it work.

Mystical Fire would still be a problem...

Something tells me that will end up almost like the "Walking Pokemon" stuff of HGSS then. It's just going to be an in-game powerup for your starter or something to mimic you and it won't be actually used outside of those games.

Something tells me that will end up almost like the "Walking Pokemon" stuff of HGSS then. It's just going to be an in-game powerup for your starter or something to mimic you and it won't be actually used outside of those games.
I'd doubt that if only for the fact that unlike previous dumped gimmicks, this is an entirely new form. They've never dropped something as significant as that before.

I'd doubt that if only for the fact that unlike previous dumped gimmicks, this is an entirely new form. They've never dropped something as significant as that before.
Noched Ear Pichu. Most likely Cosplay Pikachu.

I mean it's a bit different than that but (while I might and hope to be wrong) I just have the sad feeling that it will be another version exclusive or something stupid that isn't worth it...

---

Either that or it'll end up like a starter version of Primal Reversion. We know Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon aren't Megas and get their energies in different ways so maybe this will be of a similar vein.

YET MORE VIRTUAL CONSOLE RERELEASES

"It has been confirmed that the GBA and DS games, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue team are to be released on the Wii U Virtual Console in Europe on Thursday this week for €9.99/ £8.99 for Blue and €6.99/ £6.29 for Red."
~Serebii

Blue costs more because it was on the DS while Red was on the GBA.
suck it america :^)

Should I make a separate thread for this in the same way the RBGY VC releases have their own thread?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Full Image

From Serebii:

"The first image of the cover of CoroCoro has been released through a trailer. This cover includes the first silhouette of a brand new Pokémon. This Pokémon is called Magiana. We'll bring images of it as soon as humanly possible so keep checking back. We'll bring more as it comes."

Because we totally need another Lucario / Zoroark... >_>

EDIT: Damnit I am the slowest poster on Smogon.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So taking a step back...

From #OI

[10:28] <~DHR> Croll will do his nut if they introduce a new pokemon in the middle of a Gen
[10:28] <~DHR> Unless... Z doesn;t exist?
[10:28] <@Its_A_Random> what did he bet on that no new mons would occur mid generation
[10:29] <@Its_A_Random> his badges?
[10:29] <~DHR> Could it be Delphox change like Ashninja?
[10:29] <~DHR> Body shape is very similar to Braixen
[10:30] <@Its_A_Random> I thought it would be delphox's version of ashninja at first sight
[10:30] <@Its_A_Random> "Mafokushi" nope not delphox :|
[10:31] <@Its_A_Random>
[21:26:53] Its_A_Random plot twist: it is a pokemon that appears in Z and we have new mons in the middle of a gen [10:31] <@Its_A_Random>
[21:27:08] Its_A_Random or whatever the next game happens to be called
[10:35] <~DHR> New mons in the middle of a gen outside of megas is practically unthinkable...
[10:35] <~DHR> I mean they introduced Munchlax in XD
[10:35] <~DHR> But he wasn't capturable
[10:35] <~DHR> And Bonsly
[10:35] <@Its_A_Random> if they do and make it catchable
[10:35] <@Its_A_Random> they better fucking
[10:35] <@Its_A_Random> patch xyoras
[10:35] <@Its_A_Random> but they wont
[10:36] <@Its_A_Random> because game freak are as backwards as nintendo
[10:49] <~DHR> It's not unusual to have a new mon appear before a new gen
[10:49] <~DHR> it IS unusual to have that mon available in said gen [By this I mean The available Gen]
[10:49] <~DHR> Like, Marill appeared during Gen 1 (as did Togepi), Munchlax and Bonsley, were there any Gen 3 mons that appeared early?

Apparently Kecleon appeared "early" for Gen 3 too... Let's not get our hopes up too much, it might be a new mon which is uncatchable in "Z" but may well appear in Gen 7...

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Ok it would be really nice if the cover was zoomed in just a fraction more... the characters under "Magiana" is definitely 宇宙 (alien) + something..... 創造 (creation) perhaps?

A twitter user named Streatsahead said the following:
"Magianaマギアナ could be ギア/Gear plus マキナ/machina (as in deus ex). just thinking"
He then mentioned the fact that in the movie trailer Pikachu was seen among a few machines and gears. So it could fit.
Picture of Pikachu in the trailer see down below.

Attachments

I'm having my doubts that it's actually a new NEW Pokemon... Game Freak is making it a policy to reveal main series Pokemon games at the exact same time worldwide. If you noticed, there wasn't any hint of a Gen VI coming until the worldwide announcement. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire also weren't revealed until the same time. I mean this may be wrong but I'm not getting excited that it's actually a new Pokemon anytime soon...

Magiana revealed
Edit: Serebii quote "Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret"
So, from the sounds of it, it might even be something akin to the fake Groudon in the Jirachi movie except it's getting hyped. Or they're really pulling a Gen I-II thing. That would be...something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)