ORAS OU fun stall feat. sap sipper azu [peaked #2 @1973 w/88.2 GXE]

i am having fun :^)

(rip
)

Teambuilding Process

I knew I wanted to build stall so I started with Mega Sableye.

It seems weird but next came Sap Sipper Azumarill. Manaphy is a big threat to stall and an obvious choice here could've been Unaware Clefable but its a bit boring.

Next I needed a counter to fairies like Gardevoir and Diancie who easily threaten Sableye. Chansey also gives me a rocks setter.

Hoopa has no switchins currently and Mandibuzz counters non-tbolt sets (which isn't really a thing anyway) while also providing Defog support and also utility through Knock off.

Banded Azu is now a threat as Mandi can revenge BD so Alomomola serves as my switchin to Band Azu.

Gliscor is my wincon vs other stall teams which are otherwise annoying, especially Sableye stall as Chansey and Mandibuzz can't touch it at all.

Gliscor didn't really do much in practice so Clefable gives me a much better answer for dangerous setup sweepers, namely TG Manaphy and Sub CM Keldeo.

Skarmory was put over Mandibuzz because DD Altaria just destroyed and had zero switchins but this made the team weaker to Hoopa-U so Chansey was changed to Umbreon to have a way to at least check Hoopa.

The Team

justlikeathief (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Sableye is my mega of choice, obviously good on stall for hazard control with Magic Bounce, easily countering hazard setters commonly found on opposing stall such as Ferrothorn, Hippowdon and Skarmory. Fake out gives me a free mega vs leads that normally force Sableye out like Gardevoir or Diancie. Knock off gets rid of leftovers from mons like Clefable while just providing all around utility. Wisp and Recover are standard moves. Max Defense helps against Lando-T, Garchomp and Talonflame and I don't need the Spdef for Heatran or Gengar as they are covered by Azu/Gliscor and Mandibuzz. 96+ Spdef helps to check Gengar to take some pressure off Umbreon and also helps to take some special attacks.

letmehaverelease (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
EVs: 248 HP / 76 SpA / 180 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Encore
- Scald
- Toxic

I first took inspiration from Shruggy's Azumarill stall as I thought it would be nice to be able to run something other than Unaware Clefable as a Manaphy check. It's not the best counter as it's still tough to kill Manaphy after Encoring it into something but unlike Clefable it has Sap Sipper which allows it to counter Breloom and Serperior which can easily destroy stall with SD and Contrary respectively. Unfortunately Azu can be taken advantage of easily with its only recovery other than Leftovers being Rest. Max Spdef allows me to check Suicune by avoiding the 3HKO from +6 Scald ~99% of the time and then being able to attempt to stall it out with Rest.

+6 0 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Azumarill: 131-154 (32.5 - 38.2%) -- 1.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Encore was to check Manaphy but now that I have Unaware Clefable, the slot is free for Sleep Talk which helps Azu be less useless while asleep. Without Gliscor as a Stallbreaker Heatran Check, 76 SpA guarantees a 3HKO with Scald after leftovers to give you a much better chance of beating it.

livinginadream (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

With 2 Dark Types, Skarmory acts as my check to Clefable, Gardevoir, Diancie and Altaria. SR because nothing else on my team carries it, Whirlwind to phaze out setup Clefables/Altarias and Iron Head to damage Garde/Diancie. With Sturdy and Whirlwind, it also serves as a good emergency check for random setup sweepers that might get a couple of boosts through misplays and also serves to check BD Azu which otherwise beats Alomomola.

livinginadream (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Knock Off/Toxic

Mandibuzz is my Defogger, and also Hoopa counter which otherwise pretty much gets a kill every time it's in. Standard EV spread checks Gengar and BD Azu while also walling any standard Hoopa set with Dark Pulse/Hyperspace/Gunk Shot/Drain Punch/Focus Blast/whatever as long as rocks aren't up. Defog, Roost and Foul Play are standard with Knock off for utility. Toxic can also be another option over Knock Off but it's nice to knock off items like the LO off of Torn-T which is another threat.

loveisapolaroid (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Umbreon replaces Chansey to provide at least a way to attempt to play around Hoopa, being able to take all its moves except Drain Punch. Unless you get completely predicted, Umbreon + Alo can deal with Hoopa to an extent. One advantage over Chansey is that Umbreon is much better for checking Torn-T as it is not as weak to Knock Off. As it's replacing Chansey, Heal Bell is also needed to heal status. Umbreon is a pretty underrated alternative to Chansey although its weak to the Fairies that Chansey would check like Gardevoir and Diancie. Umbreon serves as my check to strong special attackers like Latios, Manectric, Raikou and Tornadus-T.

loveisapolaroid (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

Chansey is my much needed counter for Gardevoir and Diancie, and also electrics like Manectric, Raikou and Rotom-W. Nothing much to say here, Chansey is just good on stall. Unfortunately I am forced to run no status moves as I need both rocks and Aromatherapy as its pretty tough to play without either of them. Although I do have Gliscor you really just don't want anything to get statused and it's also good for waking up Azumarill.

hopelessopus (Alomomola) @ Rocky Helmet Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic

Alomomola serves as my switchin for most physical attackers like Excadrill or Weavile but especially Banded Azumarill. Rocky Helmet helps Alo to deal some damage and not be super passive, limiting Azu's chances to come in and fire off an attack for free. Max Defense and HP is needed to avoid the 2HKO from Play Rough before rocks so any EVs can't really be spared for a bit more Spdef. Leftovers has been used over Rocky Helmet to make Alo a little more consistent for the cost of being more passive.

iwantnotrouble (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Clefable is my counter for setup sweepers, namely Tail Glow Manaphy, CM Suicune, CM Clefable and Sub CM Keldeo. As Umbreon is already carrying Heal Bell, this frees up a slot on Clef to use Calm Mind to become a wincon. Other than getting flinched, Clef also checks NP Togekiss fairly well. The EV spread allows Clef to counter any Manaphy sets under rain while burned.

iwantnotrouble (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 188 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Roost

Gliscor acts as a weak check to some physical attackers like Excadrill but mainly serves as a stallbreaker to set up on Clef. Rock Slide is mainly for the Shedinja stall matchup which is otherwise extremely tough. The speed creeps mons that creep Adamant Bisharp with a Poison heal number and the rest in Spdef to check Diancie and be able to set up on weak scalds.

Threats

Chansey checks TG + 3 attacks while Azumarill tries to help against TG+RD but it's still a rough matchup.

Mixed Thundurus with Knock off/Superpower/Hp ice/Tbolt does a lot of damage and really just wins as Chansey is my only counter. Nasty Plot also wins as Chansey doesn't have Toxic to be able to beat it.

Azumarill checks Specs/Scarf sets but Sub/CM just sets up and 6-0s.

No flying resist.

Unaware CM is annoying and I just kinda have to spam EQ with Gliscor vs it.

Strong fairies can also break this team easily, namely DD Altaria and Taunt Gardevoir.

Banded TTar does a ton to Alomomola and after rocks and sand damage its not really a counter. To win I have to try and eat 1 edge with Alomomola and then go to Gliscor which outspeeds and can roost on it. Gliscor does die to a crit though so it's not entirely foolproof but if you can stall out all 8 Stone Edges its a lot easier to beat.

Dark Pulse/Drain Punch sets are the most threatening because with some prediction Alo + Umbreon can be easily overwhelmed.

With no ground type to take Volt Switches, Umbreon gets worn down very fast if it's Specs Magnezone and you rely on doubling to get chances to heal up Umbreon.

Magnezone + mon countered by Skarm is also a threat but Shed Shell could be an option on Skarmory.

Klefki with Dazzling Gleam and a lot of Special Attack investment can beat Sableye and then set up spikes and with no hazard removal it makes the game a lot tougher.

Importable
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Calm Nature
- Rest
- Encore
- Scald
- Toxic

livinginadream (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Knock Off

loveisapolaroid (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

hopelessopus (Alomomola) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic

iwantnotrouble (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 188 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Roost

EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

EVs: 248 HP / 76 SpA / 180 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Toxic

livinginadream (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

loveisapolaroid (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

hopelessopus (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic

iwantnotrouble (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Ehy nice team :). My advice is to replace Clefable (Unaware)>Gliscor because help you vs Tyranitar Altaria e Keldeo, use CM because is good defense vs Manaphy that otherwise is a very problem for your team. Other advice is to change the spreads of Sablaye in 252 HP/112 Def/144 SDef this Spread is pretty because allows you Swich in the offense Heatran but manage to handle Defensive Lando-T, tyranitar etc...... Because of Alomomola's incredible HP stat, it is more beneficial to invest in Defense and Special Defense. 36 HP EVs are enough. Special Defense is maximized because perform as a mixed wall, and the rest of the EVs are put into Defense. Fully invested Special Defense with 36 HP EVs is much better than 252 HP / 252 Def because the overall physical bulk is around the same but Alomomola's special bulk gets much better.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Wish

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

SPOILER:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Wish

Sableye @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

GL with the Team :)

Ehy nice team :). My advice is to replace Clefable (Unaware)>Gliscor because help you vs Tyranitar Altaria e Keldeo, use CM because is good defense vs Manaphy that otherwise is a very problem for your team. Other advice is to change the spreads of Sablaye in 252 HP/112 Def/144 SDef this Spread is pretty because allows you Swich in the offense Heatran but manage to handle Defensive Lando-T, tyranitar etc...... Because of Alomomola's incredible HP stat, it is more beneficial to invest in Defense and Special Defense. 36 HP EVs are enough. Special Defense is maximized because perform as a mixed wall, and the rest of the EVs are put into Defense. Fully invested Special Defense with 36 HP EVs is much better than 252 HP / 252 Def because the overall physical bulk is around the same but Alomomola's special bulk gets much better.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Wish

Sableye @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

SPOILER:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Wish

Sableye @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

GL with the Team :)
I don't think Sableye really needs the Spdef since I already have Azu/Chansey/Gliscor for Heatran but I may try it out. Alo's spread can't really be changed because without the defense I just lose to CB Azu:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 36 HP / 220 Def Alomomola: 252-297 (52.5 - 61.8%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yo,

Interesting stall, however you are right, it is very weak to Manaphy, Sub + CM Keldeo and also CM + Roar Suicune.

The first change I suggest is Clefable > Gliscor. Gliscor provides almost nothing for this team, but Unaware Clefable provides a huge amount of necessary support for this team. Firstly with Chansey acting as the team's cleric Clefable is able to run Calm Mind, and not only become a valuable win condition for your team, but also a reliable answer for Manaphy, DD Mega Altaria, and Sub + CM Keldeo. Unaware Clefable also allows you to more quickly wear down Suicune as your best answer right now is simply hoping not a single Scald from +6 Suicune will crit your Azumarill.

My second edit opens a chain of a few small changes to the overall design of this team. It worsens the matchup vs Life Orb Hoopa-U slightly, but improves every other matchup. I think it's worth considering. Change Mandibuzz for Skarmory. Skarmory acts as a more reliable answer to Bisharp, Excadrill, Dragon Dance Altaria, and also gives you a flying resist to somewhat combat Togekiss. If this change is made, you could even potentially run Stealth Rock on Skarmory which opens up room for Toxic > Stealth Rock on Chansey. Toxic Chansey far betters your matchup against Mega Charizard Y.

After that, Mega Sableye must be slightly edited in order to become the main Gengar check. A spread of 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe Careful Nature | can counter Gengar.

Lastly, a little less HP can be run on Alomomola in order to hit a Leftovers +1 number. It's a marginal change, and just gives you a very small amount of SpD, which can be useful in a pinch when checking threats like Choice Specs Keldeo. The spread is: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD Bold Nature.

tl;dr
>

>

Tweak Spread on

Tweak Spread on

optional:
Toxic > Stealth Rock on
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Wish

Skarmory @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock / Counter / Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Stealth Rock
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish
Thanks for the rate, I'll definitely try out Clef and Skarm though Hoopa is a threat now I think a lot of other threats are taken care of so I'll take that.

Ah sorry because of the rush I didn't notice the weak at the Azumarill (cb). Btw my advice is to try this spreads 165 HP/216 DEF/127 Sdef Bold Nature. (+252 Atk Choice Band Azumarill Play Rought vs. 165 HP / 216+ Def Alomomola: 229-271 (44.7 59.9%) guaranteed 3HKO after leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Mmh man...nice team and congrats for the peak! :^)
I noticed you are pretty weak to taunt tflame. You have only m-sab for that and i think it's a problem if he carries swords dance cause you don't have foul play...
Then clef>scor is good, cause you're weak to deo, and it helps more with its spdef evs.
Idk what else i have to say...i tried this team and it seems good...but, stall are so annoying =_=

Mmh man...nice team and congrats for the peak! :^)
I noticed you are pretty weak to taunt tflame. You have only m-sab for that and i think it's a problem if he carries swords dance cause you don't have foul play...
Then clef>scor is good, cause you're weak to deo, and it helps more with its spdef evs.
Idk what else i have to say...i tried this team and it seems good...but, stall are so annoying =_=
Thanks for the rate, I guess I just haven't run into taunt+boosting move tflame much but Toxic > Fake out is an option on Sab, to hit both SD and Bulk Up talon

Stallbreaker Mew is also a huge threat to this team after MSab is gone. You can synchronize the burn with Umbreon and stall out Softboiled with Alomonola Regenerator. But you end up heavily weakening 2-3 mons in the process and the opponent can easily sweep.

Love the team, one thing i found was although the threats are listed, one thing that kept destroying me when i came against it was magnazone, if it carries discharge it is a 3HKO on umbreon, more than likely the paralasis will get you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)