DOU Doubles OU Winter Seasonal Losers' Quarters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, our commentary crew (Stratos, BLOOD TOTEM, kamikaze) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me with probably the neutral assistance from a TD, flips will be made on IRC with the use of wormbot
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

Sorry for the lateness, guys. I got it fucked up in my head that we were still waiting on someone to play.

Losers' Bracket:
Lohgock vs Flame Road game 1 game 2 game 3
Staxandstax vs TDK game 1 game 2

Highlight Match: TDK vs Staxandstax
Deadline: Sunday

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Losers' Bracket:
Lohgock vs Flame Road
lohgock!

Staxandstax vs TDK
bro u made some very nice plays vs nidorus and earlier in the tour, wish you all best of luck oh btw sorry for spamming your game with taylor swift lyrics together with Lana Del Seldo o_O

I could cycle out lando and stack those intimidates and garde/cune would win unless like full para our crit I guess...

cyclying out lando means I kill your mons in the meanwhile. Gardy and Cune were paralyzed, the latter sitting at 65% with no Sitrus Berry. Diancie is faster than all your mons and OHKOs everything that OHKOs it while 2HKOing everything 2HKOing it. I also still have a AV Lando, that, even at -3 still beats Heatran and outspeeds and KOs Lando while tanking a Hyper Voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)