ORAS OU Role Compendium v2

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If this is for beginners and more niche stuff has been axed, why are we keeping TR stuff? Singles TR is not something I'd recommend for a beginner like ever, and it's kind of ass anyway.

Last edited:
I'd add Tyrantrum to TR as it has a very spammable strong move in Head Smash, alright coverage in Fire Fang and Outrage and even a boosting move in hone claws/curse and hits 132 Spe with a brave nature and no iv's. Also serves as a Talon answer outside of diancie
Also i'd consider Emboar on TR as it hits a lower speed tier than Victini which can be crucial and p much has the same coverage but that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mienshao should be put under SD as well, it is put under the wallbreaker category so it only makes sense and while it can't set up easily it does so on forced switches like and a +2 shao is pretty damn scary

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 203-238 (55.7 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 337-398 (85.5 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 413-487 (98.3 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 220-260 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And that's only calcing HJK, not it's coverage.

Last edited:
exploud should probably be moved to speical trick room abusers. yeah its probably trash but like its only niche is in trick room teams so might as well add it there

honestly thats bad reasoning. like, cacturnes only niche is as a spike setter, but its not under spike setters because its a bad mon and we have no issues keeping it off the list. exploud shouldnt be under tr because it itself is a bad mon. were trying to slim down on the shitmons in this list, not adding them. dont wanna be a douche :x

Ayy do you think it'd be appropriate to put Mence under Moxie as well? Obviously not the most prominent of Dragon Dancers but moxie is what makes it stand out imo and a lure set i like to use ft. Iron Tail, Fire Fang/Blast can easily cop the extra boost and at that point you're facing down a +2 mence
Also Taunt/Roost/FC/Dark Pulse LO Hydreigon is a powerful stallbreaker set that's overlooked and looking at the typical M-Sab builds or just any stall/fat in general it's hard to stop considering Clef can't come in on a FC and it's resistances combined with roost allow it to pull off the set decently well while still maintaining offensive presence against other styles
sorry for recommending obscure stuff constantly rof

Last edited:
is suicune a kind of stallbreaker? also i think we could add another classification of mons "phazers", and add things like garchomp, hippodown, skarmory, suicune, mandibuzz etc.

Reactions: p2

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Do people even run T-Tar with a phazing move enough to justify adding it to that list? I've never seen it used as such and the analysis makes no mention of Roar or D-Tail.

Just because something has access to phazing doesn't mean it can utilize it effectively or should be listed.

Do people even run T-Tar with a phazing move enough to justify adding it to that list? I've never seen it used as such and the analysis makes no mention of Roar or D-Tail.

Just because something has access to phazing doesn't mean it can utilize it effectively or should be listed.
i used it a while ago, isn't the best option, but is viable. also roar is listed as an option in the analysis of the "support"set.

Would rather have Gyarados added to Phazers with Dragon Tail / Roar with its defensive RestTalk set than have Ttar which I have never seen before. Even Defensive Defog Mence (granted, not a good set) and the out-of-favour (read: not viable?) Para-Shuffler Dragonite runs phazing moves better than Ttar.

I also think Drum Slurpuff should be added as it can be effective in the "right" conditions

For Priority, Whimsicott (Prankster).
For Toxic Spikes, Nidoqueen (Nidoking can do it too but it prefers just to attack more often I feel)
For Clerics with Wish, Jirachi
For CB users, Terrakion
For Rain Abusers, Thundurus-Therian too

For Rain Abusers, Mega Scizor. We don't want people thinking Mega Swampy and Mega Mane are the only viable megas on rain, do we?

Last edited:
I see mega steelix in sand abusers even tho it's listed as an unviable mega pokemon. I failed to see any of the other unviable megas get mentioned anywhere else, so I think it ought to be removed.

I would recommend promoting Mega Latios from Unviable to Niche. The DD set (although outclassed by other DD users) can fit in well on specific teams. Surprise factor should also be taken into account when running it. It's not a good mega, but it's not fully unviable in OU on the level of Audino or Steelix.

please remove diggersby form spikes users, really you have 0 reasons to use it as a spikes setter, the only reason that may make sense is to set up against predicted switchs, but you can just run Knock off in the sd set and you have a way of kill yours counters(skarmory and gengar), also if you use spikes against skarmory, he can just defog it. also he lacks the bulk or speed to set up multiple spikes, and you will prefer to attack in every cenario. sry for my bad english, its not my native language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)