ORAS OU Rate my Mega Beedrill team

[EDIT] This is my first RMT and I don't know how to do much of the fancy stuff like colored text or sprites, so this is all I have to offer. Thanks to anyone in advance who will help me out with building this team, and any constructive criticism or comments are appreciated. Let's take a look at the team.

Barby (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Standard hazard setter moveset. Gyroball for STAB, Leech Seed to be defensive... I gave him an Occa Berry to cover the fire weakness, since I only need him out for a few turns.

Ploops (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Light Screen/Reflect
- Healing Wish
- Seismic Toss

I chose Chansey because of the massive HP which makes it a great wall. Healing Wish in case things get messy, I usually give her Reflect because physical attacks are a bigger threat, Seismic Toss for coverage, and Aromatherapy because I needed a stat healer.

Sock? (Rotom-Wash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Light Screen

My main special sweeper. Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump for STAB, Pain Split to keep it alive longer, and light screen to keep away pesky grass types. I gave it Life Orb over Leftovers because Pain Split covers its HP pretty nicely.

MY SANIC OC LOLOLOL (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Mainly used for type coverage and as a Revenge Killer. Takes out ground types pretty easily. Life Orb because it goes nicely with Swords Dance, and the rest is pretty self explanatory for a Revenge Killer.

Omega (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock

Spinner, because I hate hazards. Scald and Psyshock for STAB and Recover to get back that sweet HP that I lost from hazards. Great back up wall if Ploops goes down.

Saber (Beedrill-Mega) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Knock Off

The main Physical Sweeper. Beedrill is my favorite mega, and works well with the Chansey Wall. I gave him Roost because he's kind of a glass cannon, U-Turn and Poison Jab for STAB, Knock Off for coverage and to do what Knock Off does best, and Sniper because I wouldn't let him get down past 33% health before mega evolving.

Any changes to be made?

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First of all, a few sets are a bit subpar imo. But since most of them are on Pokemon I think you should change anyway, I'm going to talk about those later, in case you want to keep them but still improve their sets. In any case, Beedrill should absolutely be running Protect over Tailwind. Protect is absolutely needed if you want to ever mega evolve against offense, or really, anything that lies in between 75 or 145 speed (aka most Pokemon). Taliwind really doesn't seem useful on this team, since all Pokemon on it are either defensive or too slow to really need it (with the expection of Rotom-W, which should not be running an offensive set in the first place, but I'm getting ahead of myself here)

One of the most notable weaknesses on this team is a weakness to Dark-types. Your only Dark-resist just loses to most Dark-types besides Hoopa-U, which does a ton of damage to it with Hyperspace Fury regardless. Bisharp in particular is super threatening, and can sweep you with little effort, especially since Starmie lacks Reflect Type. My recommendation would be Keldeo>Rotom-W. Not only does it serve as a solid check to Dark-types, it's also better as an offensive Water-type due to its higher speed, as well as the fact that it's just way harder to wall. It also gives you a pretty potent wallbreaker, something your team sorely lacks, and without which you will have huge problems against bulkier teams.

Performing this change makes you extremely weak to Sand Rush Excadrill. In fact, you're already very weak to other physical attackers like Talonflame, Mega Lopunny and Charizard X, so you need some kind of physically bulky Pokemon or revenge killer. Landorus-T immediately comes to mind, since not only is it a solid physical tank, it also gives you a Ground immunity (which you need if you replace Rotom-W) forms a double U-Turn core with Mega Beedrill, in fact, it really helps you get your offensive threats in safely. Either the physically defensive or Scarf set can work, I would rather you run the physically defensive set though, since it gives you a SR setter, and frees up a moveslot on Ferrothorn so that it can run Power Whip for Water-types which you are pretty weak to (particularly Manaphy), and because having Spikes and SR on the same Pokemon is never a good idea, simply because it's likely to take too much damage to be able to set up both, if you spread your hazards on different Pokemon, you're putting less pressure on a single Pokemon. As for what to remove for it, I would use it over Chansey, since it really doesn't fit on this team at all, it's just a huge momentum killer and honestly more of a liability than anything else.

That being said, replacing it makes you weaker to Electric-types and Mega Charizard Y. There's a pretty simple way to fix this though, and that would be running Latias over Starmie, which beats pretty much everything Starmie beats and fills much the same role, in addition to these Pokemon. You already have a Water-type anyway, you don't really need two. Granted, Rapîd Spin is better than Defog on a Spikes team, but if you do have the hazard advantage, you wouldn't need to Defog anyway, in this case, it's more something to use if there's Rocks and/or Spikes up on your side, and nothing on the opposing side. And as good as Healing Wish is, I feel like Roost would be more beneficial for your team, since Latias needs to be able to switch in on a variety of Pokemon and therefore requires some longevity. You do become a lot weaker to Heatran though, so I would suggest running Drill Run over Knock Off on Mega Beedrill so that you don't get walled by it.

And speaking of recovery : Chansey is completely worthless without Softboiled, since then it just gets worn down and dies, so if you do keep it, you absolutely need to run it over Reflect, which really isn't useful for you since it runs out really fast without Light Clay, and nothing stops physical attackers from setting up on Chansey anyway. And obviously, run Natural Cure on it. Also, Rotom-W should not be running an offensive set as I mentioned above, it's just a really bad offensive Pokemon since it's easily walled by Dragon-Types and Grass-types. If you do keep it, run a physically defensive set to take on physical attackers like Talonflame and Sand Rush Excadrill, and run Volt Switch, so that you can form a Volt Turn core with Mega Bedrill, that's basically the reason why you'd use Rotom-W with Mega Beedrill so it would be dumb not to use that.

By the way, sprites are here if you want to use them

Saber (Beedrill-Mega) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Protect

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind[

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost / Healing Wish
- Defog

Ploops (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Naturel Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Healing Wish
- Seismic Toss

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
/hide]

Ehy Change This rotom's spread and moveset, change Keldeo Rest>Chansey because is this team is useless and it takes only momentum. Why Keldeo rest? Because you are weak at Bisharp and Weavile
CALS:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 274-325 (90.4 - 107.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 138-164 (45.5 - 54.1%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recover

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 134-160 (44.2 - 52.8%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

and

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 179-213 (50.8 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 269-317 (76.4 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Replace Drill Run>Knock Off and Protect>Tailwird. Why? Because Protect is a necessity seeing as Beedrill does not get the Speed boost on the turn it Mega Evolves. Protect also enables it to scout movesets, Choice items, and potential priority attacks. Knock off is a good move for Beedrill and does exceptionally well against stall. Using Knock Off on Steel-types with Shed Shell can allow a Magnet Pull user to trap them later on in the game. Knock Off really excels at dealing with a lot of Beedrill's checks; Landorus-T, Heatran, and Magnezone do not appreciate their items being removed, and Gengar gets OHKOed by it, But Drill Run is a funny move, free to choose according to your needs felt.
Change Latias/tios>Starmie for Keldeo and Raikou/Manecrit that are a problems for your team. Other suggest is to change Chople Berry>Occa Berry because Gardevoir and Kazam you destroy. Change Power Whip>Spikes and the spread

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off/Drill Run

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
0 Evs in Speed
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

(The given EV spread with a Relaxed nature lets Ferrothorn fare well against both physically and specially oriented opponents. 168 Special Defense EVs give Ferrothorn enough special bulk to survive two Ice Beams from +3 Manaphy. A Sassy nature with the given EV spread allows Ferrothorn to survive the combination of Hyper Voice + Focus Blast from Modest Mega Gardevoir most of the time, while still avoiding the 2HKO from +1 Mega Gyarados's Earthquake most of the time; the downside is that this leaves Ferrothorn much more susceptible to Crunch from Mega Gyarados and physical attackers in general.)

SET:
Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off/Drill Run

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
0 Evs in Speed
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

hope i help you and gl with the team!

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you, I made the corrections and this team is wrecking. It stinks that my favorite part of the team is usually the worst, though. ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)