Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it also possible to have a feature where the the conversation creator can remove a participant in the conversation he or she created? As of now, that can't really be done and poses as a leaking threat for big groups. I'm unsure if there's a specific reasoning as to why we can't do this yet though, so sorry if its been resolved and decided long ago.

Edit: Sometimes people also invite the wrong names in conversations, and it sucks to have to re-invite everyone after remaking the conversation.

Last edited:
Here I will put several things that will probably help the server , I'm only doing this now because I only found now ..
  • First of all i think is very good to put in PS a friend list, It is because every time when I play I know someone and that contact is lost it is also good if you do , appear when the person is online, and put the friendship request, that stuffs.
  • And... i think is awesome you instead remove one tier, put that on ''challenge'', i missing Stats Switch and Classic Hackmons.
  • Ah, and arrange the move list of the pokes, like ''Body slam is the move more used in breloom'', this help a lot when we are building a team.
  • Add Rocky Helmet in the ''popular items''.
  • And change the ''Suggested spread'', a example : If you put on heatran the moves ''Magma storm, taunt, earth power and protect'' the Suggested spread gonna say to use 252 SPDF, 248 HP, and 8 SPA, It is that Ev 's that would help him more with this function would be EVs: 108 HP / 20 SpA / 252 SpD / 128 Spe with calm nature.
  • Add Black Sludge in the ''popular items''.
  • Fix the pokes of tier list, like ''Altaria is not too good in ORAS OU'', so Let's let it a little further low.
  • If they can take or leave a way to pick up certain moves or skills or natures that can be used or not in X Pokemon like, ' ' - Dragonite can not learn Defog because it's incompatible with its ability or another move. ''
  • Add a option for the people choose the color of the name.
  • That's all for today..

Last edited:
so basically I've been in the tours room for a while now and I see a lot of people asking
"What's the score in your match (user)"

So maybe in the tour bracket it shows the current score? It'll be a lot more convenient and people will stop asking the chat

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
  • Add a option for the people choose the color of the name.
That was asked earlier and dropped, because it would make it way easier to impersonate staff or other people with a status. Like if there was someone impersonating Beowulf for example, with the name "BeowuIf", the impersonator would have a different color to the real staff member. If they could change their color at will, the impersonating would be a lot more effective, which we don't want, of course.

• If they can take or leave a way to pick up certain moves or skills or natures that can be used or not in X Pokemon like, ' ' - Dragonite can not learn Defog because it's incompatible with its ability or another move. ''
A lot of moves are incompatible with hidden abilities of Pokemon, because they are impossible to obtain on that species of Pokemon at the same time. Dragonite, for example can have Defog and it can have Multiscale, however it cannot have both at the same time. Because Dragonite learns Defog only through a gen 4 HM and can't pass it down through breeding and it can only have Multiscale, if it's born in gen 5 or later. This goes for a lot of other Pokemon that learns gen 4 tutor moves like Sucker Punch and Mud Slap as well.

That was asked earlier and dropped, because it would make it way easier to impersonate staff or other people with a status. Like if there was someone impersonating Beowulf for example, with the name "BeowuIf", the impersonator would have a different color to the real staff member. If they could change their color at will, the impersonating would be a lot more effective, which we don't want, of course.

A lot of moves are incompatible with hidden abilities of Pokemon, because they are impossible to obtain on that species of Pokemon at the same time. Dragonite, for example can have Defog and it can have Multiscale, however it cannot have both at the same time. Because Dragonite learns Defog only through a gen 4 HM and can't pass it down through breeding and it can only have Multiscale, if it's born in gen 5 or later. This goes for a lot of other Pokemon that learns gen 4 tutor moves like Sucker Punch and Mud Slap as well.
k, They are afraid to change the color for fear of someone impersonating a staff? You know that if another person tries to enter with the same name of your account it will have to enter a password?

And I know he does not learn the two together, only used as an example, I want you to show a way to who the two do not work together, the guy who is making a team not proceed like a idiot thinking that gonna works.

k, They are afraid to change the color for fear of someone impersonating a staff? You know that if another person tries to enter with the same name of your account it will have to enter a password?

And I know he does not learn the two together, only used as an example, I want you to show a way to who the two do not work together, the guy who is making a team not proceed like a idiot thinking that gonna works.
For the staff impersonation, they obviously wont take the account, they can add just a tiny detail to make the username different, and if they then can also use the same color, they can probably manage to fool some people in pms to give information about things to people they think are trustworthy but are not.

For the staff impersonation, they obviously wont take the account, they can add just a tiny detail to make the username different, and if they then can also use the same color, they can probably manage to fool some people in pms to give information about things to people they think are trustworthy but are not.
It is difficult for staff to realize that he is using WRONG name and has no symbol behind the name?

Sondero

It is difficult for staff to realize that he is using WRONG name and has no symbol behind the name?
He wasn't referring to staff in particular, just "some people". There are naive people out there, who might look over tiny details such as that.
Even you didn't notice the difference between "beowulf" and "beowuIf".

Edit: sorry if I sounded mean there, I was just trying to prove my point, and didn't know how to express it in a demeaning manor.

He wasn't referring to staff in particular, just "some people". There are naive people out there, who might look over tiny details such as that.
Even you didn't notice the difference between "beowulf" and "beowuIf".

Edit: sorry if I sounded mean there, I was just trying to prove my point, and didn't know how to express it in a demeaning manor.
np, but this ''fake'' name will stay in bottom of the list of users, bc staffs are present, and the users with use symbols in name, numbers, and letter A.
AND, if you for a example is create an account on PS with my name but with a smaller font than the original name, will not change anything , you will still need the correct password.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
np, but this ''fake'' name will stay in bottom of the list of users, bc staffs are present, and the users with use symbols in name, numbers, and letter A.
AND, if you for a example is create an account on PS with my name but with a smaller font than the original name, will not change anything , you will still need the correct password.
I recently had somebody try to impersonate me on a private server (that I don't use) with a fake letter; they actually had the server owner convinced until they noticed the color was different.

An option to change your name color is not and will never be on the table.

Hi after playing some random batteles i noticed that when you click quick replay all information about your pokemon is lost so that you do not know anymore which moves and stats they had during the game.

I actually think it would be best if it'd show all information, even about the enemy team. I know that in ou (and basiacally in every other format except randombattles) people do not want information about their team to be released even if the batte is already over becasue they want to play against other people with that same team, but this point clearly does not apply to randombattles. This would be useful specially to beginners who want to understand why things behaved unexpected.

Another thing that bothers me is that i see/investigate my own team while waiting for the emey to make his move.

I hope this is the right place to write this, and I also hope no one has already said it.

4th gen double?!?
I'm really new, never played comp, and I'm really bad in single XD I played first 3 genenerations, so I'd like to start in those pass gens (but I want the physical-special split, so 4th gen).
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

I recently had somebody try to impersonate me on a private server (that I don't use) with a fake letter; they actually had the server owner convinced until they noticed the color was different.

An option to change your name color is not and will never be on the table.
k

When you do a /dt *Mega Stone* or /dt *Mega Stone* *Pokemon* there should be a stat change, type change and ability change shown as well. This is especially for Mix and Mega

Like /dt Altarianite gives
Allows Mega Altaria to Mega Evolve
Ability: Pixiliate
Type : Fairy
+40 ATK +40 DEF +40 SpA

and /dt Altarianite Entei gives
Ability : Pixiliate
Type : Fire/Fairy
115/155/105/130/75/100

The details of Mega Stones are here : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mix-and-mega-omotm.3540979/

Hey, can you make it so that when a Pokemon with illusion enters the field, it doesn't show the "Type Changed" type bar? What's the point of using illusion if it shows that your Entei is fire type, when actual Entei doesn't have that?

Can we have a pokemon computer (like the one in the game) like folder that can hold any pokemon you want so that you can think of interesting sets and save them not in a specific team.

a few minor things i'd love to see:

the game screen right now is aligned to the left, with the game chat window and the chat room/game browser both to the right of it, is there a reason the game window can't be centered? with maybe the chat room/game browser on the left, and game chat on the right?

also an option to disable messages (private messages, ingame chat and spectator chat) would be really nice
also the buttons to mute opponent and spectators scroll with the chat box, it'd be nice if they stayed in one spot so if you decided to mute someone 15 turns into the game, you didn't have to scroll all the way back up

sorry if these have been mentioned before, i searched and didn't see anything

Sondero

I suggest that periods shouldn't be allowed in names. If they are allowed to be put in names, people can put links in their names, which means that other users can accidentally tab their name, and link to inappropriate sites on accident. This is particularly a problem, when staff have to verbally warn people, and accidentally forget to remove the periods.

In the teambuilder I'd like for there to be the option to unapply those PP Ups. There is a competitve use for having less PP, quoting myself from the simple questions thread:
twice now in VGC games I'd've been better of with just the base 5PP on Detect. Since Encore ends early when you run out of PP getting out of the lock sooner gives low PP a purpose. Especially for VGC, BSD and BST were the games are very fast paced and you're very unlikely to ever use all the PP on either Protect or Detect anyway.

I would like to suggest that Random Monotype becomes a OM format. I for one believe that it would be a popular addition to the formats we already have

I think that Team and highlight lists should be saved under the account name rather than via browser. That way, people who use incognito and/or multiple computers don't have to copy/paste them every time.

Sondero

While it is not common, whenever someone spoils something from a new and relevant media, their text would have to be hidden from the room, to remove the risk of people accidentally reading it. The only way to hide their text is by roombanning them or locking them from talking. While this is a fitting punishment for people who spoil with malicious intentions, it is not a bannable offense to accidental spoil small details, during discussion of said relevant media.

My suggestion that room @+ should be able to use the /hidetext command on muted users, as well as users that are banned from the room or locked from talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)