Other SMOGON NOMIC (PROPOSAL PHASE 18)

Instead of the whole buying legendary items, lets make this a bit less broken but also allow an exchange of items to happen. I feel this could be beneficial. I don't want to flood the game with those legendary items, but I do want to make sure that if someone is lucky enough to get one they can maybe severely profit from it.

---

Proposal: Craig's Nomic

During the action phase, players may look to sell or trade an item from their inventory on the open market by posting "Looking to trade [Item(s)] for [Gold Amount / Other Item(s)] on the Black Market" in the thread. The first player to respond to that post that can meet the requirements will complete the transaction. Posting an item to the black market or exchanging items on the black market, while done in the action phase, are not considered action phase actions meaning that other actions such as searching for an item or buying points with gold can still occur.

---
Explanation:

My intentions for this rule is somewhat easy. I am about 99% sure that we can buy regular items (too lazy to look), but I'm not a fan of looking to spend my hard earned gold on things I may/may not need later. I also have a literal ass ton of potions and a short supply of other items, and figure I could seek to trade from my stockpile instead of buying them at some point. I also figure it'd be a decent way to earn gold by offering to sell something at a discount so that you can profit from seeking items.

The reason I chose to make this to be done in the thread is three-fold. I want to reward activity and those that check the thread. I also want to cut away with back room deals and trades and have everything be out in the open. I also want to see what is being traded for what, and I feel that we can find a "free market" type price for certain goods. Obviously, if I wanted to make a deal with Walrein on IRC or in convo, we could set that up and then I would post my proposal when he is online and can accept it right away. Finally, I want to make it easy and accessible to trade items and not have to go through PM'ing a shit ton of people to move some items. It's easy, out in the open, and my demands can be met for what I'm trying to sell. It also allows people to kind of "haggle" in the sense that if I'm selling a potion for 30 gold, someone else might on the very next post look to sell one for 25 gold. Obviously legendary items can be placed on the black market too, and this might have far more benefits than hording them using them.

I made sure to include the last part of the rule into the proposal because I dont want to just see this rule not utilized. I'm somewhat sick of having to just see "search for an item" and nothing else during action phase. Obviously this can be expanded upon or changed up later, but for now I figure this would be a good start.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Proposal: Legendary Item Shop
You can now buy any Legendary Item for 3000 gold
pokeguy you can already buy items

Proposal: I'm tired of having to open a new tab to vote on friggin proposals
At the beginning of the voting phase, the hosts must post all proposals which are up for a vote. Failure to do so will require the hosts to buy Walrein $5 worth of RP on League of Legends.
Proposal: Hoarding & Healing
Duting action phases you may chooses to Hoard OR Heal, meaning you gain 1 point or HP respectively(your HP cannot go over 10) you may only do one of these every second round.
Edit: Your choice MUST be posted in chat, and not posting does not count as hoarding
Proposal: Abilities
On passage of this proposal, every player may PM the hosts any Pokémon ability to use. They will have all of the effects of this ability, interpreted by the hosts. Some are simpler than others (e.g., Sturdy is pretty obvious in this game), so the players will have to pick their ability wisely.
Instead of the whole buying legendary items, lets make this a bit less broken but also allow an exchange of items to happen. I feel this could be beneficial. I don't want to flood the game with those legendary items, but I do want to make sure that if someone is lucky enough to get one they can maybe severely profit from it.

---

Proposal: Craig's Nomic

During the action phase, players may look to sell or trade an item from their inventory on the open market by posting "Looking to trade [Item(s)] for [Gold Amount / Other Item(s)] on the Black Market" in the thread. The first player to respond to that post that can meet the requirements will complete the transaction. Posting an item to the black market or exchanging items on the black market, while done in the action phase, are not considered action phase actions meaning that other actions such as searching for an item or buying points with gold can still occur.
PokeguyNXB 6 points, 10hp, 150 gold.
ButteredToast 13 points, 11hp, 135 gold.
Pidge 11 points, 10hp, 160 gold.
Izhuark 11 points, 10hp, 125 gold.
Walrein 11 points, 10hp, 140 gold.
Phione 11 points, 10hp, 135 gold.
TeToN 7 points, 10hp, 125 gold.
Maleovex 6 points, 10 hp, 115 gold.

action phase

acidphoenix come back to us ;_;

Assuming "bang bang at BT" means someone shot me? You guys are gay. I pretty much said I have 100 potions. I'm not going anywhere.

Pokeguy: [No]
I like the idea, I just think that the amount should be more obnoxious. I wont be disheartened if this passes, but maybe like 5,000 gold will be cool? Or maybe 3,000 gold and you get a random legendary item.

Walrein: [No]
I'm kind of meh about rules like this, because it adds nothing to the game. Can you hosts just try to do it though, because it makes it easier on all of us.

Phione: [No]
I feel like this can be too easily abused in time was spent on finding a broken ability. I haven't put the time into thinking of one, best one I got is pickup,

Maleovex: [Yes]
He look, someone who proposes a way to get points. Mark me down for some of that, yo.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Craig's Nomic becomes rule 17.5

I'm tired of having to open a new tab to vote on friggin proposals becomes rule 17.4

Legendary Item Shop becomes rule 17.4

Hoarding & Healing becomes rule 17.2

Abilities becomes rule 17.1

PokeguyNXB 6 points, 20hp, 175 gold.
ButteredToast 13 points, 20hp, 160 gold.
Pidge 11 points, 20hp, 165 gold.
Izhuark 11 points, 20hp, 130 gold.
Walrein 11 points, 20hp, 165 gold.
Phione 11 points, 20hp, 160 gold.
TeToN 7 points, 20hp, 125 gold.
Maleovex ] 6 points, 20 hp, 140 gold.

another eventful voting phase

proposal phase

Amendment: Item Get!
Rule 9.3 said:
During a action phase, you may instead of taking any other possible action choose to search for an item. The item you get will be determined randomly, and kept secret from other players. The following items exist in this game. Useable items may be used at any time freely

Items in this game the moment this rule goes into effect:

Health Potion: Heals 3 HP when used, is single-use only
Bulletproof Vest: Automatically reduces the damage of the next attack against you in half. Breaks afterwards
Gun: Shoot another player for 1 damage. May only be used once each cycle, has 4 total uses

Of course, more items can be added later through extra rules (or amendments to this one). For now, each item has a 1/3 chance of turning up

No more searching for items m8s. Use your other damn actions

Last edited:
Don't worry guys. I've thought of a good dynamic to save you all from the monotony of this game sine you all seem to be out of good ideas.

---

Proposal: The Iron Throne

With the passing of this proposal, an Iron Throne will be created. In addition, a new classification of rules known as Iron Throne Rules will be created on the OP that will serve as an extension to this rule. Iron Throne Rules can only affect the person sitting on the Iron Throne and the powers which go along with that.

The following Iron Throne Rules will go into effect with the passing of the proposal.

1. As of now, no player can occupy the Iron Throne. (This will be obviously changed once we build up this idea)
2. The person sitting on the Iron Throne may choose to abdicate the Throne at the end of any phase.
3. Only one player may sit on the Iron Throne at any given time.
4. The person sitting on the Iron Throne loses 1 HP at the beginning of each PHASE.
5. For every complete TURN CYCLE a person sits on the Iron Throne, they earn 5 points.
6. During the Proposal Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne is allowed to make two proposals/amendments/repeals instead of the usual one.
7. During the Action Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne is allowed to, in lieu of other actions, collect a tax of 15 gold from each player in the game.
8. During the Voting Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne has their vote count as two votes, instead of the usual one vote.

---

Please consider this idea. A lot of the things I threw into this rule are arbitrary and I fully expect changes to be offered and made. This is why I included the rule that NO PLAYER CAN PRESENTLY OCCUPY THE IRON THRONE until we work on developing it more and establish what all it entails. And then pass the rule to open up the throne. So if you are voting against this rule, I'd assume you haven't read it.

I want this rule to include a whole slew of our dynamics we currently have in this game. Make this the "key" part of the game. Sitting on the Throne kind of marks you as a target of other players. It also see it as a "complete proposal" because it incorporates most of the dynamics presently in the game such as: HP, Points, Gold, and game cycles.

I have not thought of a good way on how a person should come to sit on Iron Throne. That will need to be voted on later. The best idea I have is that whenever the throne is vacated, there is a secret auction where we all PM the hosts a bid for the throne, and then the person who has the highest bid gets to assent to the throne.

I also am unsure whether or not the person on the Iron Throne should be forced off. I designed it with the idea that it would not be beneficial to the person sitting on the Iron Throne to remain there long term (because of the HP loss), so I'm leaning to whoever holds it gets to keep it until whenever they choose to back off. But that obviously is still in the air and up for vote.

I am also wondering whether or not the "benefits" of sitting on the Throne are too light. Again, we can increase the powers and the punishments for sitting on the Throne in future phases...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)