VGC 2016 Tournament - Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Credit to Pokemon.com for the picture
& Scott is cute.

Since the dropping of the OVGC tournament, Smogon has lacked any real VGC tournaments. With the new format just being announced, this tournament is going to be taking place with the new 2016 ruleset. Although a trophy is not the prize for this tournament, the winner will receive a Custom Banner to be displayed on their profile.

This tournament will be a Swiss tournament with 8 rounds and a top cut following. I will be using a program called battlefly to make and control the bracket.

2016 Rules
  • Battles will be 4v4, You bring 6 Pokemon but only use 4
  • All battles will be best of 3, not just top cut.
  • All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
  • Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
  • You are not allowed to switch anything besides the order of your Pokemon between games 2 and 3. This includes Evs and moveset.
  • You may switch teams in between rounds.
  • Games should be played on Smogon's PS server using our custom timer and client. USING THE VGC2016 CHALLENGE IN OPTIONS
  • Teams will be required to be submitted each round in a link given at that time.
  • Special Clause
  • Item Clause
  • Self KO Clause
Note - It's highly recommended you send in your teams to me, or any tournament director via PM on smogon. This will safe you from DC's as well as stop any cases of cheating.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move or redo the battle with the same teams but different moves. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

NOVED vs Haruno
raikoo vs Syncrasy
idiotfrommars vs TheFourthChaser
Level 51 vs Peli
-Voltage- vs Sapientia
Stathakis vs Dawgie
ShinySopheon vs Impact
Rayzark vs Arifeen

We're down to the round of 16, We'll set the deadline to February 23rd at 11:59pm EST, get your matches done and remember to vm your opponents

Last edited:

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
won 2-1 v l56 in three fun ones, ggs

e; was 5am when playing and I also said won in two three ;;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)