Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm thinking about it a little more I might have been a bit premature in my thought that Gen 6.5 = G7 simply because of Magiana's appearance. What might be likely, and specifically because of its mythical status, that Magiana is akin to the Generational Mythicals like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, and Victini. I did always find it odd that Gen 6 didn't have a 100 Stat Mythicical in its code.

This probably hints at 6.5 but nothing else. Well at least we'll get Zygarde formes and a good number of new Megas. . . Maybe even a few new pokemon if Magiana is setting a trend.

Now that I'm thinking about it a little more I might have been a bit premature in my thought that Gen 6.5 = G7 simply because of Magiana's appearance. What might be likely, and specifically because of its mythical status, that Magiana is akin to the Generational Mythicals like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, and Victini. I did always find it odd that Gen 6 didn't have a 100 Stat Mythicical in its code.

This probably hints at 6.5 but nothing else. Well at least we'll get Zygarde formes and a good number of new Megas. . . Maybe even a few new pokemon if Magiana is setting a trend.
What if it is something completely out of the box like Gen 6.25!?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What if it is something completely out of the box like Gen 6.25!?
How'd that be out of the box? If stepping up half a Gen means adding new Pokémon (as defined by Dex entries), new moves and accessing a new region, while still being confined to the previous generation, a quarter-step up would mean adding half that. That would be new formes (but not new Pokémon) and expanded movepools for old Pokémon, and new areas in an old region. Essentially, what we've got every gen since Gen III.

I didn't quite catch that connection until now, though.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone, take this with a grain of salt, but there MIGHT have been a Pokemon Z leak on Neogaf! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196196576&postcount=7205

According to this leaker, we wouldn't be getting a Pokemon Z, but instead, a Pokemon Rainbow o_O. EDIT: Granted this is a codename. It could still be called Z lol. Also, this would mean that its a fall game, possibly the 3DS's swansong before the NX.

Normally I'd call BS on this, but leaking on Neogaf is pretty different than other sites. If you get caught lying there, you end up getting permabanned! So I mean, for all we know this could be someone account suicide, but I'd put this as more credible than the average rumor at least, especially considering this site's track record with accurate leaks.

Now if this is true... I wonder what Pokemon Rainbow means...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey everyone, take this with a grain of salt, but there MIGHT have been a Pokemon Z leak on Neogaf! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196196576&postcount=7205

According to this leaker, we wouldn't be getting a Pokemon Z, but instead, a Pokemon Rainbow o_O. EDIT: Granted this is a codename. It could still be called Z lol. Also, this would mean that its a fall game, possibly the 3DS's swansong before the NX.

Normally I'd call BS on this, but leaking on Neogaf is pretty different than other sites. If you get caught lying there, you end up getting permabanned! So I mean, for all we know this could be someone account suicide, but I'd put this as more credible than the average rumor at least, especially considering this site's track record with accurate leaks.

Now if this is true... I wonder what Pokemon Rainbow means...
Obviously this doesn't really confirm anything as we all (well, at least I did) expected a Autumn/Fall release regardless. I was expecting something a bit bigger than "Fall Release date". Nintendo tends to announce its Autumn line up in March/April time (at least that's what I remember from the last few years); which means we might only have to wait another 6~8 weeks before we get proper news about the future of the franchise.

Let's keep it to the point people, you can have a little speculation about what this may be, but let's not go OTT with it please.

I expected a fall release too, and it looks real.

Just... Pokemon Rainbow though? So I guess this deviates from the separate version sequel (Black 2, White 2) if it is still a Kalos game.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apparently the leaker PMed NeoGAF mods about his source, so we'll probably know sooner rather than later if this is some guy pulling an account suicide or not.

If it's true and definitely a 20th anniversary game then I see no reason it wouldn't be announced on the anniversary this weekend. They would do right to tie its reveal to the anniversary it's meant to celebrate. But I think a game announcement will happen on Pokemon Day regardless of what it is though.

Just... Pokemon Rainbow though? So I guess this deviates from the separate version sequel (Black 2, White 2) if it is still a Kalos game.
Assuming the leak is real, it's pretty explicit in saying "Pokemon 20th anniversary game" so I wouldn't expect it to be a Kalos game. It would/will probably be something different. I doubt it would be a sole Kalos game anyway; it might have us doing something like tripping around the Pokemon world, who knows.

Anyway guess we shouldn't buy into it too much, but I think the weekend will decide its fate.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Urgh, this "20th Anniversary game" aka "Rainbow" is making me shudder at the impending hype that it will be an "all-regions" game, lol.

Rainbow = all colours = all the games before XY to celebrate everything they've done up until now......

edit: LOL I didn't even see this before I posted:
it might have us doing something like tripping around the Pokemon world, who knows.
it's started!

Urgh, this "20th Anniversary game" aka "Rainbow" is making me shudder at the impending hype that it will be an "all-regions" game, lol.

Rainbow = all colours = all the games before XY to celebrate everything they've done up until now......

edit: LOL I didn't even see this before I posted: it's started!
I wasn't saying that as a legitimate suggestion, I was making the point that if it's specifically being tied to the anniversary and as an anniversary game it isn't going to just turn out to be the final Kalos game - it will instead be something different and unique. So you can chill dude. It seems more likely it might be tied to the Strange Souvenir if its inclusion in XY is actually to come of anything. But this is getting real waist deep in speculation now.

edit: LOL I didn't even see this before I posted: it's started!
Well, wait. Rainbow is a color. The only regions that have color names are Kanto and Unova. I'm betting it might be one super remake of Red/Blue/Yellow/Green. But now we're really theorymonning. Thanks Theorymon (Irony is delicious, isn't it?)

Well, wait. Rainbow is a color. The only regions that have color names are Kanto and Unova. I'm betting it might be one super remake of Red/Blue/Yellow/Green. But now we're really theorymonning. Thanks Theorymon (Irony is delicious, isn't it?)
There's Gold and Silver too. I don't think it will be a remake though, assuming it's a real leak.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So you can chill dude.
Didn't mean to come across as a personal attack or anything, just an example of how the idea has already popped up.

Rainbow is not a (singular) colour. And all the gen 1-5 games are named after colours (well there are some shades and Diamond / Platinum are admittedly a stretch) so Rainbow would be a fitting - albeit corny - name for the fabled all-region game.

But anyway, I think it's extremely unlikely such a game would be released, if the leak is true then it'll just be a code name. If Z is the 20th anniversary release then maybe it will just have a heap of nostalgic throwbacks during the story, or maybe coz AZ is so old we'll get a whole lot of backstory on the Pokemon world (like maybe he witnessed the Kanto War, Kyogre / Groudon fighting, Giratina being summoned or the Original Dragon or whatever.... I dunno, I almost don't want some throwback game to be made at all because I'm so desperate for something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)