Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm no expect on smash 4 tech but just a general FG thing: frame advantage on aerial attacks is /usually/ listed with the most optimal timing of the attack relative to your landing (unless roy's nair has a stupid good autocancel that I don't know about), so you can't just do the move on shield and assume you're safe (also "safe" is a risky thing to assume with 1f normals and reversal upBs floating around).
I'm aware. In hindsight what I said was just me pulling shit out of my ass and assuming but there's no doubt they're safer anyway, but to what extent is the unknown here.

Really impressed by how IStudying played in bracket. Such an improvement from how he played against me in pools.

Really sad to see how much hate Mr.R get from the Reddit kids, though. He and Void are imo the coolest high level Sheiks out there.

Last edited:
Hey so do any of you guys main diddy? I've been looking to start entering ssb4 tournaments and was wondering if I could find someone to help me improve my diddy which is pretty subpar though not complete shit like i know pretty much all the basic stuff though I need refinement on my combos and perfect pivoting and wavebouncing and all that jazz.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey so do any of you guys main diddy? I've been looking to start entering ssb4 tournaments and was wondering if I could find someone to help me improve my diddy which is pretty subpar though not complete shit like i know pretty much all the basic stuff though I need refinement on my combos and perfect pivoting and wavebouncing and all that jazz.
You can't find someone to help you learn techs, you just learn them on your own. find out the inputs to said techs and just practice them.

there's a discord group with a bunch of diddy mains and it's pretty damn good. link: https://discord.gg/0lJTdqnYKZTs1kzB

Damn Etrian! Back at it again with those videos! I hate that vid so much, but it fits with what I am trying to say.

No, but seriously, I'm looking for any info on how to use Fox more efficiently. I really like how he plays and would very much love any sort of tip that any of you guys can give me.

Also, Star Fox Zero HYPE!

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
But yeah to add on to this, new patch was released. This thread should have all confirmed instances of nerfs and buffs, so far looking like a lot of Ganon buffs and MK nerf in regards to stuff like upair.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
  • Dsmash KBG: 155 -> 165
  • Fair defensive Hitbox Z Postion: 3.5 -> 2.5
  • Fair Hitbox Z Position: 3.5 -> 2.5
  • Fthrow Angle: 70 -> 72
  • Fthrow KBG 65 -> 79
  • Dthrow Angle: 80 -> 77
  • Dthrow KBG: 75 -> 90
  • Needle: Range Decreased
  • Weight: 84 -> 81
Hahahhaah
fuck yea.

I'm pretty sure sheik is still the overwhelmingly best character in the game since she still has a 50/50 kill confirm its just off fthrow now and considering how badly other top tiers got nerfed in comparison like zss and mk got nerfed just as hard as diddy imo.

Bayo and Rosa have seemingly no/little changes but if that's a Sheik FAir range nerf she may actually feel that one.

pretty sure they removed the 50/50 by nerfing fthrow. sheik is probably high tier now, with top tiers being Rosalina and Bayonetta.

Meta knight can still do upair strings with some difficulty, along with dair strings that can take opponents to the blast zone

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Bayo actually got nerfed, too. Witch Time doesn't last as long and has a bigger staleness penalty (I think?).

Last edited:
You're right, it also has 5 more frames of lag along with side b, dair has more lag too so now you can sd if you dont shorthop before using it offstage. There's also supposed to be a change to her fsmash / dsmash but nothing has been confirmed

Bayo has seemingly no/little changes but if that's a Sheik FAir range nerf she may actually feel that one.
  • Dair Duration: 42F -> 47F
  • Witch Time:
    • Total Duration: 44 -> 49
    • Witch Time effects last shorter amount of time
    • Witch Time Duration penalty per use: 50F/50F -> 75F/50F (after 100 frames, it recovers 6 frames of length)
  • Heelslide (Button Held Total Duration: 72F -> 77F

This is the new pre-patch Diddy, its now 1.1.5 Zelda.

What should we name this?
zelda's hoo-hah :v4:

• Dair Duration: 42F -> 47F
  • Witch Time:
    • Total Duration: 44 -> 49
    • Witch Time effects last shorter amount of time
    • Witch Time Duration penalty per use: 50F/50F -> 75F/50F (after 100 frames, it recovers 6 frames of length)
  • Heelslide (Button Held Total Duration: 72F -> 77F
dair nerf may be the most significant nerf there, but i don't think it will be felt as hard as sheik's fair and needle nerfs

pretty sure they removed the 50/50 by nerfing fthrow. sheik is probably high tier now, with top tiers being Rosalina and Bayonetta.

Meta knight can still do upair strings with some difficulty, along with dair strings that can take opponents to the blast zone
Mk up air strings only work on floaties that go into tumble like rosa and peach now all other characters like sheik bayo zss and a lot of good characters you can only convert 1 up air into SL with proper di and dair strings u just hold away to avoid them.

aVocado

@ Everstone
I'm pretty sure sheik is still the overwhelmingly best character in the game since she still has a 50/50 kill confirm its just off fthrow now and considering how badly other top tiers got nerfed in comparison like zss and mk got nerfed just as hard as diddy imo.
dude, no

sheik loses at least 4 matchups now and a lot of her 55:45 and 60:40 matchups now became 50:50.

she's not the best character in the game. not even top 5, and dare I say, top 10.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I haven't played in while, what happened to Sheik? Does her throws not combo anymore with uair/fair?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)