DPP UU League VII - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
shhh

for all the better-knowers like dekzeh: I Had 50% every turn to get my miltank healthy, despite the fact that crit under para is like 2% but whatever. i wanted to have the miltank healthy cause reasons. also, the lax versus machamp was just a guessed play (he might also have used rest or curse here) but its not like he can get everytime that 20% crit. combine that the fact that i used like 12 crunch? AND GET NO DROP AS IT SUPPOSED TO DO, its safe to say this game was just bad.

gg ISA.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^ifm still no respondo

Leaving Lax in against Machamp was the right play, Picollo, you didn't have anything to switch into Cross Chop (maybe Eggy but HP Bug can KO and Machamp/Eggy speed tie) and you KO if it doesn't crit immediately... Common teambuilding problem with Rest-Bell teams since Raikou doesn't resist Fighting like Zapdos and the cleric doubles up on Snorlax's Fighting weak (triple with Cloyster in there but Forry doesn't do anything to Machamp anyway). At that point, you've got a reasonable chance of winning. Isa switching Machamp in at all was the questionable play but I assume he expected Curse (which gives him two tries) and he didn't have anything else to take on EQ Lax with Gengar and a half-health Steelix as his Normal resists.

Switching Miltank into Zapdos in the first place was a questionable call. You were too focused on getting a Heal Bell off when you didn't need to. Definitely bad luck on paper, but you didn't need to risk Miltank in the first place. All I can assume is that you wanted the PSN off Cloyster for the next time Steelix starts a revolving door of Pokémon, but you were running Spin and a cleric anyway (plus didn't Toxic Isa's when it switched in to trade Spikes at the start) so I would hope you had Rest and shouldn't care much about that. Raikou and Skarm don't need to be awake to wall Zapdos and Snorlax respectively, and Skarm wasn't even asleep.

Last edited:
yeah maybe i was too focused on heal beal, but i was more afraid of his explosion options (gengar, lix) where miltank cant heal that easily.(also hypnosis gengar) also he was also quite lucky with body slam and i was afraid that without a healthy miltank i might fall to para-spam / faster pokemon at all. and yeah, even when i lost miltank i had a quite good chance to win with my own lax but of course it falls to a crit....

well its just pokemon. next time please PO Again, then i might get more crunch drops.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
<getbacker> green mario plays tomorrow
<getbacker> oo
<shaneghoul> yh i play tomo
<ABR> so we’ll be up
<ABR> at least 3-1
<ABR> after tomo
<ABR> cool
<shaneghoul> :D
<BAIKA> then bad ass will play right
<BAIKA> and we'll be 3-2

greatest management ive ever seen

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
sorry bros, you boss.
No pressure, no failure. Y'all are ready for the glory, its time to write ur history!!
All you need is motivation, you always deserve the standind ovation!!
You don't have to give up, u are a wolfpack! Please stand up!!
Im always with you, bruh! lemme hear ur voice, SAY AWOOOOOOOO!!
In this land we grew up strong, we were wanted all along!
Taught to fight
To win
I never thought u could fail!!
You are wolfs whose dream have all deserted,
You changed ur face, ur name, no one wants you when u lose
Rest ur head, You worry to much, Its going to be alright!!
When times get rough, you can fall back on us, DONT GIVE UP!! PLEASE DONT GIVE UP!!
Its ur time my sons, you are not dreaming, u just living!!
Wolfpack you are the best and fuck the rest!!

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
SPL is one of Smogon's most prestigious tournaments that consistently attract both experienced and new players alike. It frustrates me how some people have turned this landmark into a complete circus. Let's take a timeout to reevaluate our behaviors, and let's give the remaining teams and players who are still competing the respect they rightfully deserve by not spamming this thread with nonsense.

I'll lead by example.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
currently up 1-0 vs silentverse, will finish the series on sunday because hes a john :pimp:

replay for the unfortunate souls that missed it http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ru-134691
%Mizuhime: i dont wanna burst bubbles but this wont count =/
%Mizuhime: you know zeb will smack both of you

yes

+blunderr: shake and me did an xy ru match 2 spls ago
+blunderr: and it counted
+blunderr: as an actual game

i wasn't hosting then gg

★KA$H MONEY KEV: i posted in the thread that we werd doing this
★KA$H MONEY KEV: and even said ur fine as hell
★KA$H MONEY KEV: no one opposed

assumed it was another dumb meme, like 85% of all spl posts

but yea there's many reasons to draw the line here, i can't genuinely allow you to just play whatever you agree to without compromising the tournament. sorry folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)