DPP UU League VII - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
I don't understand that. New Breed posted that he was playing BW2 RU vs SV, which both agreed on, on Monday and for it now being almost Friday, no one decided to speak up until now. Two players that agreed to play that tier being declined because you "can't genuinely allow them to play whatever you agree to without compromising the tournament" just feels illogical at this point. If that was the case, wouldn't the TD that was hosting the SPL shake and blunder played would have made the same comment as zeb did to stop such a game? The TDs had almost five days to make a prevention when it really should have only took one. There isn't anything that compromises the tournament when Shake and blunders xy ru game 2 SPLs ago didn't have any sort of conflict and was also deemed official, so why should the BW2 RU game be any different besides "I wasn't hosting SPL during that time?" The TD that was hosting clearly showed that it was fine to play that tier as long as both players agreed it was okay, and if I'm not mistaken, there are no rules against that nor enforced.

I'm not trying to jab at you zeb, I just think this decision feels like it was too late to make at this point in time because of past minor evidence as well as the consent of both players participating.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't understand that. New Breed posted that he was playing BW2 RU vs SV, which both agreed on, on Monday and for it now being almost Friday, no one decided to speak up until now. Two players that agreed to play that tier being declined because you "can't genuinely allow them to play whatever you agree to without compromising the tournament" just feels illogical at this point. If that was the case, wouldn't the TD that was hosting the SPL shake and blunder played would have made the same comment as zeb did to stop such a game? The TDs had almost five days to make a prevention when it really should have only took one. There isn't anything that compromises the tournament when Shake and blunders xy ru game 2 SPLs ago didn't have any sort of conflict and was also deemed official, so why should the BW2 RU game be any different besides "I wasn't hosting SPL during that time?" The TD that was hosting clearly showed that it was fine to play that tier as long as both players agreed it was okay, and if I'm not mistaken, there are no rules against that nor enforced.

I'm not trying to jab at you zeb, I just think this decision feels like it was too late to make at this point in time because of past minor evidence as well as the consent of both players participating.
i assumed it was a joke, such as the joke that is this thread title and the OP that lists everyone playing DPP UU. i also assumed i wouldn't have to tag two quite intelligent tournament players to let them know that they can't play a tier that isn't a part of this tournament. i'll make sure next time that i should be the most robotic and annoying host ever and remind people who make jokes that jokes are evil and not allowed in my funless tournament. *shakes fist* /s

for perspective: allowing players to agree to play whatever they want instead of the listed tiers is opening a huge can of worms that i am completely unwilling to deal with. heavily bending the rules for a "meaningless" game (quoting someone else, i'm actually not sure any game can be counted as meaningless when we're still ~3 weeks of games from playoffs) is something i do not agree with by any means. i also don't know or remember anything about an XY RU game being allowed in presumably a different tier, but i am 100% against that and would have been strongly against it if i were a TD at the time. i also asked several other current TDs before posting earlier, so i am not alone in the thought.

if you would like further discussion on the topic, you're free to PM me on forums and we can have a back and forth about it, but i feel very strongly that we shouldn't allow people to agree to LoL or whatever the fuck instead of RBY

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we just compromise and make tiebreakers a BO3 between the managers with DPP UU, BW2 RU, and ORAS Ubers

Everyone wins this way

is this a joke
quit arguing about something thats completely logical
stick to dpp bro

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I mean, this is slightly upsetting considering I was actually prepping a decent amount for the bo3. The team I used vs New Breed was one that I actually made and tested this week for this game specifically, and it had some things that I have come up with over the past while (such as sdef Light Screen Rotom-C paired with Alomomola ) that I wanted to use. While I understand that there is a can of worms to be opened if you let any two players play whatever tier they want, I feel like the matches would be significantly more competitive between us in BW2 RU since both enjoy the tier a lot more and are far more familiar with its nuances. It's not like either of us are just randomly throwing matches; we're actually trying really hard to win and prepare for these matches. We are just playing pkmn on the internet, and I just wanna have fun playing pkmn, man. If I didn't have fun playing pkmn I would just play League of Legends, as I already do 95% of the time.

tl;dr

FREE BW2 RU

(btw, does anyone have oras ru teams?)

yeah nothing can stop you from playing your bo3 and then having a gentleman's agreement where the loser throws the real game

of course that requires a bit more trust but presumably you and new bread wouldn't snake that fucking hard

It takes away from the integrity of the tournament. It's an official tournament and It should be played like one. I can't just face BKC in OST and tell him ''Hey man, oras ou is a really bad tier do you wanna DPP OU instead''. Throwing away a match also goes against the spirit of competitiveness. Just play a real game with the actual rules. Then if the lobster in your ass still tells you that you really feel like playing BW2 PU or whatever the fuck it is you want to play, then talk to your friend and tell him ''hey man, lets meet up at gold or PS main and play BW2 PU''. Don't ruin this tournament.

i think we gonna need a new spl host for next yr at this rate
At this rate you need a third Identity.

Zeb you're doing a great job breh keep it up, but you're also taking away the ''serious'' nature of the tournament by replacing the title of the thread and the actual match ups to DPP UU, because a bunch of irrelevant, retired ass, washed up mother fuckers spammed the past 2 pages. You should've just deleted the two pages since they are unnecessary and have nothing to do with SPL. Fact is, if i was a new player checking out ''Smogon Premier League'' and I look at this thread I would be confused as fuck, I Wouldn't even know what DPP UU is.

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Hey august, you're a legendary OST winner. You could play anything you want and no one would blink an eye. It's just so infuriating when trash users think they have some kind of privilege on here.

Anyways, let's play hangman. Following is four trash users on my trash list. I'll provide the first letter and you need to complete the rest. If you can somehow complete their usernames. I promise I will pastebin you all my ORAS OU teams. I might even consider following you. Just imagine me, the WhiteQueen, as one of your followers.

Trash #1: C
Trash #2: N
Trash #3: S
Trash #4: W

Have fun and good luck.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Were you not supposed to stop piling up unworthy posts in this thread, my dear? I believe a hangman game is not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)