Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 100% on the new bird Pokemon now. It has more talons and fewer feathers than Fletchling. Definitely new!!!!

The standing characters in the shot near the Horsea statue are of a COMPLETELY different animation style than XY; much more humanly proportions. Just pointing out. And the obvious differences between the PokeCenters and whatnot. Maybe this is Gen 7? Or a GSC like link-to-Kalos thing.
Keep in mind that it's all concept art, except for the 3d model

I bet you there will be controls on sending glitches to Pokemon bank - either they stop you or revert it to something else. As well I think there will be incentives to send unique ones to S&M - like Yellow's Pikachu.

Now no more Z questions. Its all about G7. Which when you underline 7 it kinda looks like a Z...

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
The standing characters in the shot near the Horsea statue are of a COMPLETELY different animation style than XY; much more humanly proportions. Just pointing out. And the obvious differences between the PokeCenters and whatnot. Maybe this is Gen 7? Or a GSC like link-to-Kalos thing.
it's also concept art, so that doesn't mean much

The Horsea statue is also in front of a blue-ish building, with posters of all Water-types (Spheal, Staryu, Chinchou). Water gym maybe? I see no gym icon. Maybe another aquarium then?

I bet you there will be controls on sending glitches to Pokemon bank - either they stop you or revert it to something else. As well I think there will be incentives to send unique ones to S&M - like Yellow's Pikachu.

Now no more Z questions. Its all about G7. Which when you underline 7 it kinda looks like a Z...
I'm still having a hard time believing this is gen 7. But I guess we'll know for sure when we get more info.

But there's nothing to say it's Gen 7. We literally know nothing more than yesterday other than some concept art, confirmation and a "late 2016" release date - on the 3DS.

So...what about Zygarde? Actually, come to think of it, if this is some cross-regional adventure as suggested by the trailer, Zygarde could still conceivably play a central part.

So, Reflect Blissey, Fissure Machamp, Swords Dance Pidgeot (finally that DP analysis set will not be a joke!) and shiny Mew are confirmed, right?
Solarbeam Lapras and Lovely Kiss Snorlax too? I'm not particularly excited for the games themselves but the possibility of having some of these moves is nice.

The official site actually says it's a new world with new Pokemon.
New Pokémon could be anything from 10% Zygarde to a Gen 7 roster; again, this seems more like assuming with no basis. It's arguably implied when the other years they mentioned before 2016's Sun (2001 for RS, 2010 for BW etc) were new gens, but... again, I'm not sure what we can go assuming here. We have very little information to go off of and Zygarde's forms existing alone make me question what's going on. I'm willing to bet it's something completely new that's neither a third version/sequel or a Gen 7 yet both at the same time none of us see coming. An anniversary title they're deliberately being vague about despite having revealed a lot of information on something seemingly completely different earlier on... something's going on here.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have mixed emotions about Sun/Moon being gen 7, which it is likely. Obviously it's great and time to move forward but I can't help but feel that a Z version was needed. What was the point of Zygarde's formes? Then tacking on Volcanion?
Volcanion will probably get released just before S&M. Japan will probably get it with the movie.

Actually, what about Floette-E?!?

I knew it!!!

Ok so it wasn't cancelled in favour of pokemon Go, but still

pokemon Z cancelled in favor of another game

doom and gloom

bluh bluh

Oh, and sun & moon hasn't shown like anything but that it's gen VII so I won't comment until we see some pokemon besides magearna

It definetly is gen VII tough just look at the official page from pokemon.com
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/
see that "new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover" part?

it's either gen VII or blatant false advertisement

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I knew it!!!

Ok so it wan't cancelled in favour of pokemon Go, but still

pokemon Z cancelled in favor of another game

doom and gloom

bluh bluh

Oh, and sun & moon hasn't shown like anything but that it's gen VI so I won't comment until we some pokemon besides magearna
Stop making stuff up. We don't know that.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The official site actually says it's a new world with new Pokemon.

This is Gen VII.
They also said Black Kyurem and White Kyurem were new Pokemon. Johto is considered its own region though it's only slightly to the left of Kanto (and shares the same Pokemon League). Pokemon's term for "new" is very loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)