Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sun & Moon are actually based on the UK, it would be interesting if the Kalos War was fought between "France"/Kalos and the possibly new UK region. They have a closely-linked history and rivalry in real life. I cannot remember if the Kalos War was a war between two countries or a civil war though.

I also wonder if we will ever learn more about the Lumiose Ghost Girl. She left a major impact on my XY playthrough experience, even if she was only there for a brief moment.

Finally, I appreciate how the creators emphasised the connection between people from everywhere in the world through Pokemon. This is one of the aspects of the gaming series that I like the most.
Yes, France and England have fought many wars against each other in the 1700s and 1800s. I hope it is something like that because a pokemon version of London with it's many landmarks would be so cool.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What if, they introduced a new weather, the moon?! (They already have sun)
The "harsh sunlight" weather condition is a bit weird in that regard. Despite being called "harsh sunlight", while we know the summoning move as "Sunny Day" in Japan its just called "Clear Sky". In addition to that the move "Moonlight" heals the most under the effects of harsh sunlight. I think the idea is that the moon is reflecting the sunlight.

Is it just me or did someone else notice Red in the Buckingham Palace art?
As well as what looks to be Serena? For now I would say they're just stand-ins for the Sun & Moon playable characters.

Does anyone remember when they revealed the mega evolutions for ORAS? Was it like 3-4 months after the announcement of the game?

Does anyone else think that the Sun logo is deliberately designed to look like the letter X? The Moon looks like a sickle, which in turn looks like the letter Y... Okay that may be a stretch. It looks like a C. But let's just say it can look a bit like Y.

I think this may be a hint that backs up many's expectations that these Gen 7 games will be the continuation of the Kalos games, X and Y. Maybe the mascot legendaries will be an upgrade of Xerneas and Yveltal in the vein of Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion. I think this route makes sense to me, especially since Sun/Moon has supplanted Z, because:

- The games can be reasonably expected to feature Zygarde pretty heavily. The reveal for Zygarde suggests that with its many formes starting from a weak core to a moderately powerful serpent to a titan-like winged dragon implies that you will be nursing it throughout the game to let it achieve its full potential.
- Following that, the threats in the new games must be something that specifically Zygarde alone can handle. With Zygarde being said to monitor the balance of the Kalos ecosystem, the threats have to also be relevant to the Kalos region. Not that external or new threats are inconceivable, but the ultimate weapon and Xerneas/Yveltal is possibly the deadliest mess in the history of Kalos.
- Zygarde's abilitiy/theme is also designed to be the antithesis of Xerneas/Yveltal, with Aura Break somewhat countering the two mascots in the lore. If Xerneas/Yveltal are not involved, the only ways to make Zygarde a relevant solution to the threat is by introducing other Aura-exerting legendaries (highly unlikely) or giving Zygarde's new formes a new ability (more likely, but will make Aura Break look awkward on a 50% Zygarde).
- Xerneas'/Yveltal's reveal in XY was pretty underwhelming. Neither of them had the chance to showcase their full power, with them being revived and caught immediately... in a lab. This seems to imply that we have yet to see what the two are capable of in full.
- One of the first hints that we are getting two versions instead of Z was that the XYORAS game data allow for the Blue Pentagon mark to be applied to a Pokemon that is hatched or caught in XYORAS, and two more games. The Pentagon itself represents the shape of France/Kalos, and thus if Sun/Moon are the two games, the Kalos region should still be relevant as well.
- GameFreak seems to be cutting down on the number of legendaries; we went from the pretty legendary-heavy gens 4 and 5 to a generation six with only three in-game legendaries, and three event ones. If GameFreak wants to be as unpredictable as possible, reusing legendaries might be the way to do it.
- It even makes thematic sense, as Sun can be associated with life (Xerneas) and the sickle-like crescent moon with death (Yveltal).

So far, there are hints that there will be a new region (the NPCs in XY with their strange souvenir mumbo-jumbos), but my best guess is either that region is a continuation of Kalos under a different name, or that the new region will also feature part of Kalos a la Johto/Kanto.

Of course, this speculation relies heavily on the idea that Zygarde will feature in the next game in the way I think it is going to be logical to feature. Some have said that the Zygarde formes might be an anime-only exclusive, or a red herring in programming. But unlike the Azure Flute, the Zygarde formes are pretty heavily promoted through CoroCoro and a whole anime season. If I'm not mistaken, GameFreak has also never discarded the idea of fully-made Pokemon, i.e. Azure Flute may not be available, but Arceus has always been a thing.

Last edited:
Sometime in the near future, GF needs to make a FINAL pokemon game. X and Y implies that we are near the end because of it due to the fact X and Y are at the end of the alphabet. I hope this game isn't the final game but it is in theory, our pokemon 'z' version.
(I think the final pokemon game should involve Arceus btw.)

Sometime in the near future, GF needs to make a FINAL pokemon game. X and Y implies that we are near the end because of it due to the fact X and Y are at the end of the alphabet. I hope this game isn't the final game but it is in theory, our pokemon 'z' version.
Sure... when it stops making money, which as one of the highest-selling games on Nintendo's Handhelds it's unlikely to do any time soon.

A lot of people are leaning to "Poke-London" inspired based one that one picture,

but I gotta say that I'm getting a more tropical theme from it, with the horsea statue and the spheal, staryu, and chinchou images int he background. While Hawaii could be another contender, I want to throw out another option:

This is the flag most commonly used to represent the Mediterranean Sea. And didn't Gamefreak go to Barcelona around the time ORAS was launching?

So not sure if it's been covered but is Sun & Moon officially a new gen or is it a B&W2 type thing (i.e. are they going to be sequels or X&Y?)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokemon is more likely to go through a reconstruction/reboot before stopping. Honestly the main problem Pokemon will have in the future if the number of Pokemon to catch. We're near a thousand and already are slowing down on the number of new Pokemon released (though you could say Mega Evolutions are picking up the slack, but at least their connected to older Pokemon so they're not a new slot in the Pokedex). We've had this discussion before on another thread and we never came to a conclusion about what GF could do (or at least one everyone agreed with). However this is not the thread to discuss this, that's more for the "conspiracy and mystery" thread.

Pokemon should really be set in a galaxy far far away. I would love that...
It might as well be. Alternate dimension. Galaxy far, far away. Unless you see a Pokemon in real life (and aren't insane) you can say the Pokemon world is wherever you like as long as its not anywhere near our galaxy.

Pokemon is more likely to go through a reconstruction/reboot before stopping. Honestly the main problem Pokemon will have in the future if the number of Pokemon to catch. We're near a thousand and already are slowing down on the number of new Pokemon released (though you could say Mega Evolutions are picking up the slack, but at least their connected to older Pokemon so they're not a new slot in the Pokedex). We've had this discussion before on another thread and we never came to a conclusion about what GF could do (or at least one everyone agreed with). However this is not the thread to discuss this, that's more for the "conspiracy and mystery" thread.

It might as well be. Alternate dimension. Galaxy far, far away. Unless you see a Pokemon in real life (and aren't insane) you can say the Pokemon world is wherever you like as long as its not anywhere near our galaxy.
I am familiar with the thread you are talking about but I am quite safe from your pitiful little band...

When I said the thing about a galaxy far far away that was a Star Wars joke.

I do wonder what part Zyguarde is to have in these new games. Will there be a third version combined game and could it possibly be called pokemon 'eclipse' due to the combined nature of the sun and moon aspects to it?

Reactions: JES

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Sidestepping the "what gen is this?" topic since I really don't care and I'm not one to speculate on forthcoming info (which is odd coming from the mystery thread guy but ehhhhh), I want to talk about the Gen1 to "new game" jump because man that's actually a bit impressive and I wonder how they are going to handle it. Because there are a lot of variables coming from Gen 1 that did not translate into Gen 3 (hence why they didn't connect. Plus GBA hardware limits).

For starters, in Gen 1:
-no genders (other than Nidoran lines and always "x")
-Special was one stat, no sp. attack/def.
-no abilities
-effort values were WEEIIIIIRRRRRDDDD.
-IV's were even WEEIIIIRRRRDDDDEEEEEERRR.

I'm actually really interested in how they will be handling this. Will it just be written in during the generation pokebank jump?
-Gender is defined by PID. Take the PID, check the gender ratio, do the usual calcs.
-Special doesn't matter, the newer games have base stats for them. They'll just need to replicate the Special IV for both stats.
-Same thing with gender.
-At first I thought they could simply divide by 256 (65536/256=256), but uhhh we'd then have pokémon with 255 EV in every stat. So they could simply... clear the pokémon from any EVs. Easy.
-They just need to add a 0 or 1 somewhere (either by the beginning or the end, maybe even randomize). If they add a 1 to the beginning, then every RBY mon will have 16-31 IVs.

What I really wanted to know is if the glitch Mew (which has been confirmed to exist still) will be transferrable.

-Gender is defined by PID. Take the PID, check the gender ratio, do the usual calcs.
-Special doesn't matter, the newer games have base stats for them. They'll just need to replicate the Special IV for both stats.
-Same thing with gender.
-At first I thought they could simply divide by 256 (65536/256=256), but uhhh we'd then have pokémon with 255 EV in every stat. So they could simply... clear the pokémon from any EVs. Easy.
-They just need to add a 0 or 1 somewhere (either by the beginning or the end, maybe even randomize). If they add a 1 to the beginning, then every RBY mon will have 16-31 IVs.

What I really wanted to know is if the glitch Mew (which has been confirmed to exist still) will be transferrable.
Would there be anything to prevent it from being transferrable? IIRC Gen 1 has no way of tracking location or level caught... though there is always that fear in the back of my mind.

They could always just not let you put any Mew from the VC games in Pokemon Bank. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard.
Yeah, but then it doesn't exactly feel great when you can't transfer that event Mew. I kind of doubt they'd do something like that.

ORAS pulled a doctor Who loophole though by establishing that XY and ORAS take place in a parallel universe, so now they can continue onward without mucking up any lore.

These new games better include Mega Solrock & Mega Lunatone dammit, Solrock is my favorite pokemon and it needs a buff so I can use it outside of PU. It would be a disgrace not to make those two mega, considering the game titles are SUN and MOON.

Anyway I'm excited to see what new trailers will have in store concerning gameplay and backstory! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)