OST Predictions Tournament Round 2(+1k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

OST 12 PREDICTION TOURNAMENT

reigning champion BlackBloodz
Hosted by FireMage
Art by Tikitik

Playing before the prediction tour occurred
You may play before the prediction tournament is up but try not to announce the result of your games before it actually get posted. In case you would play, the result wouldn't be altered anyway.

Welcome to another year of predictions! Sadly sandshrewz is still doing military service so this year I'll be flying solo. so please bear with me!

For those unfamiliar with the format of the tournament; We'll post alongside the current OST Thread and you have to guess the winner of each match up. For each correct answer, you'll get a certain amount of points, which will end up with you obtaining an overall score.

For the winner of the Predictions tour - you'll receive a rather lovely Custom Banner and if you already have one; we'll negotiate a different prize.
~HERE IS THE FORM~

With this post, I reach 2k total posts and 1k Tournament posts! So there are shoutouts for both.

As I';ve also hit my 1k post in Tournaments I've decided to thank everyone who's helped push me along throughout each tour I've hosted as I don't think I've done so before
Tournament (1K) Shoutouts

Single Pokémon tour- Alice - Your first tour win, the tournament I first hosted.
BW2 Team Tour - Iconic / BKC - Thanks for not being a dick in that semi-finals.
2012 Tournament Tour - Django - thanks for helping me plan the biggest tour so far and helping me out remaining calm with it. I still have a Google drive folder with everything in it.
Metagame Tweak - skylight - mostly provided me a platform to make all the changes i wanted :) S/O's to all the OU payers at the time I threw ideas at and the feedback I got back to keep things balanced
Summer of tournaments Lady Salamence nad Vinc2612 - thabks for giving me a hand in hosting it. I know it was a difficult number of weeks to keep motivated and doing it but it was fun. Also this is where soulgazer was discovered
NU Story BW2 NU Crowd - You know who you are.
STAB Mania Electrolyte - Let me take over this for you :)
MUTE II (Uncredited) - Furai - You saw potential in me as an excellent host and I know I messed up trying to push the oat out. I know now not to do anything related to ubers :)
Winter of #Tournaments - I don't remember a great deal, other than doing a lot of live tours in a short period of time
LCRUNULympics- cbt - He was new to hosting at this time iirc. learnt a lot and enjoyed working with him on this one.
Tournament Tour 2013 - Another one I don't remember much about. Remember the planning going into it and how full my inbox was at the time.
Battle Factory Tour - McMeghan - This is the tour that tied you for most tour wins. Also the tour that has dragged on for the most finals, forcing me to re-evaluate the format!
XY Team Tour - Funkasaurus - This was a time I was starting to go inactive and piled on by tours. Thnks to funk for putting up with me.
Sabotage - Lady Salamence - In order to outdo Lady Salamence with tour concepts I knew I had to come up with something special. this was the result of a nightly discussion with them. Really happy with how it turned out tho.
Passive Agressive tournament - sandshrewz - If anyone doesn't already know Sands is basically the most adorable person here. He was eager to do a tournament with me and this is what we came up with. I had a lot of fun testing for this tour and I'm ure it caused a lot of frustration for people playing in it!
Smogon Superstars V - I have a few for this one - I know I did a subpar job that wasn't up to my usual standard and there was a lot of complaints going to the TD's. I want to firstly apologise to anyone who felt anything I did was unfair and / or in poor taste. I just wish you'd come to me directly next time. I hope I redeemed myself helping Kratosmana avoid all the pitfalls that I fell into myself. I hope to pick it up again next year and do a better job with it.
Zebraiken for his help especially during an extremely tough personal time for me. Taking over the last bit was a godsend to my sanity.
ium for being a butt and being there for me
dice for suggesting I go for it given my level of tour experience.
Bad Ass for being a nice guy especially as I was making mistakes - having his encouragement spurred me on to try better and get myself back on track.
COUNTDOWN - Channel 4's IT Crowd putin the inspirtion. Was supposed to host with @Cherub Agaent but he backed out :)
Battle Factory II - Really EWnjoyed this tour. really enjoyed updating the look of it thanks to @pastelgameboy
SABOTAGE II - was a requested rehost. again I had fun doing it.

I'm sure I've done more not mentioned. I mostly went through the tour list at speed

Other Tours:
OST Predicts Tour: I have a lot of fun doing these with Shrewz, I love how even though it's not competitive mons people still can get excited over them. Trust me, you've not experienced the love of sandshrewz script until you've typed out all 512 pariings and added all the options by hand. n_n
NUPL 1/2/3/4? : I love hosting NUPL. I get to work with a bunch of great guys who are clearly passionate bout the tier even if I do make some stupid rulings late at night. Evben though I intended for it ot be something different when I first started it - I feel it has evolved into something a lot better and I love seeing it grow :) S/O to Cased / Omfuga / soulgazer / Raseri / Zebraiken / Quite Quiet
Various NU Tours / Games: I've provided NUers with concepts in which they have enjoyed and other tiers have adopted to their specific needs, it's quite humbling :)
Smogon Tours: I love the atmosphere of a live tour. I honestly urge anyone who hasn't hosted before to do one. It's a fantastic feeling. Just don't be so hard on your hosts especially round 1 there's a lot to deal with and it will take time. We are human after all. I do promise to make that video sometime.
BATTLE ROYALE (w/ Cheese) : Stone_Cold is a bae

Other Tours Shoutouts:
WhiteQueen - Without a doubt SPL's best trash talker.
Cased - You're great to work with especially in team tours.
Kevin Garret / Iconic / Earthworm - All you three have influenced me as a tournament host at some point. I'm still extremely grateful for the thank you I got from you Worms, during a time I was feeling so down and out.
Lady Salamence - Competitive hosting is a thing. We proved that :P
Omfuga : Because you're p.cool

Cherub Agent : pls come back i miss you :(. def one of my fav people here
LivingRhino : Happy birthday :) Miss you too buddy.
Lady Salamence : I miss our tour chats :(
skylight : How did we drift apart? :(
fleurdyleurse : :3
Rowan : I think I owe you a drink still? text me when you're back in Loughborough. Or I'll text you when I'm back in Manchester
blarajan : teach me lc again pls.

TFP Staff: you're all a crazy bunch it's great working with you all
Bummer, Jellicent, Zebraiken, skylight , Tikitik , anto , Antemortem, Toast++ , The Dutch Plumberjack , Quarkz and Spy

TFP QCers: I am thankful for what you do for TFP. I know I don't say it as often as I should but I really do appreciate the hard work you put in

VGC Guys: Been having a blast recently with you guys expect me to be round he vgc forum more often.
Ksh13 , Steven Stone, Theorymon

BW2 NUers: Miss you guys :(
Annoyer , Incon , ryan , Raseri , atomicllamas , Sweet Jesus , marilli , Django , DTC, FLCL, skylight Cherub Agent

Sorry if I missed anyone :(

I will do points from round one later today. and post those results in a later post.

Form will close within 36 hours of this post.​

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For regular viewers of my profile page, I have come across a continual stream of bad news irl and need to take care of that but I have persisted and found enough time to paw through the biggest predicts tour r1 yet.

Out of a possible 512 points for the round our top ten predictors are:

01) Cicada - 308pts
---) Genesis7 - 308pts

03) Fredrick1 - 307pts
04) Double01 - 304pts
05) trc - 299pts
06) NotAGymLdr - 296pts
07) Finchinator -295 pts
---) FlamingVictini - 295pts
---) RedMaxx - 295pts
10) Bedschibaer - 294pts

Some Facts:
123 People correctly guessed Tesung and boudouche to win. This was the most correct predictions on a single matchup.
(BKC / M Dragon (122) and ben gay (120) were the next largest amounts not to dissapoint)

The biggest upset according to the predictions (Least amount people got right) was Loveless Rhapsody vs Leftiez (Only 3 people got points from this matchup), other upsets included;
xray vs Gtcha = 5 people
AM vs karla Schnikov = 8 People
Akab vs @bedscabier = 9 People
Paleo vs Sweepage = 9 People

Want to see where you ranked? Click here

Want to see Round 2's predictions? Click here

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Out of curiosity how many points did the winner last year get

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
and this year we have one round more than last year so i guess it's more points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)