Smogon Premier League VII - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can sub immediately if you'd like? Livio was involved in an automobile accident and missed scheduled time.
If you don't mind. I'm in meetings most of the day tomorrow and don't want to risk a long game bleeding into one of them. Seems he can't do after work my time.

Posting here cause I don't know whether I should be contacting Valentine or PokèManiac Livio at this point, but I totally forgot I had dinner plans tomorrow, so I can't make 7PM PT. I can do later my time, like 10PM PT. Or I can do tonight still. I'm free all night.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
I'll wait for my teammates to get back to me to make a proper decision. But I must say, the first time you mentioned being unable to play on the weekend was in this thread, after Livio missed scheduled time, not when you were originally scheduling. I understand this is an important week, and maybe it's a better idea to attempt an activity stunt, but if you could free up an hour or so in the next two days, it would certainly help me provide a competitive BW game this week. But hey, you're a busy guy! I'll try to get you an opponent at 10PM PST, but again, it would help immensely if you could find one free hour on Saturday or Sunday. Thanks!

I'll wait for my teammates to get back to me to make a proper decision. But I must say, the first time you mentioned being unable to play on the weekend was in this thread, after Livio missed scheduled time, not when you were originally scheduling. I understand this is an important week, and maybe it's a better idea to attempt an activity stunt, but if you could free up an hour or so in the next two days, it would certainly help me provide a competitive BW game this week. But hey, you're a busy guy! I'll try to get you an opponent at 10PM PST, but again, it would help immensely if you could find one free hour on Saturday or Sunday. Thanks!
Why would I mention I'm not available on the weekend when we already had a scheduled time for today? For what it's worth, you can check my VM exchange with my OST opponent here to verify that I'm unable to play on the weekend. What would be nice is if you actually subbed someone in when you said "we can sub immediately," instead of making me log online and waste more of my time waiting for nothing, much like I did earlier today when I had a match scheduled.

I understand things happen (taxi accident sucks), but I'm literally offering to give up my Friday night to play a damn Pokemon match. Don't try to call me out for wanting an activity win when I've been more than accommodating and polite about this.

This isn't even ''Drama'' this is embarrassing. Why join SPL if you can only play one specific hour in an entire week?

Man the fuck up and play your games and stop fishing for activity wins.

Don't fucking tell me you aren't fishing for one because you obviously are. You're a busy man that has to attend meetings and dinners that you suddenly remember you have, no problem. Life comes first. But many people here use these excuses ''I have an appointment at the scheduled time''. ''I have to go to the movies''. ''I made plans with friends''. Nigga don't tell me that these ''plans'' you set take up 24 hours of your day that you can't even make time for a 30 minute game.

Pussies, das what you are.

Hi we're claiming the activity win over Meru. Dice followed the scheduling rules appropriately, has given Meru 12 hour stretches of time to play across multiple days, has explicitly stated he could accommodate on a weekday. Meanwhile, Meru has decided to be completely unwilling to show any attempt to get the match done prior to the weekend, which Dice made clear he couldn't play. When I stepped in to try and facilitate the match with makiri, he thought it appropriate to curse me out and call us names, claiming we're harassing him.

Sub meru or we're taking the win. Your choice.
I just read this, like what the fuck? Y'all crappy asses already out of spl why does an activity win matter to you?

This isn't even ''Drama'' this is embarrassing. Why join SPL if you can only play one specific hour in an entire week?

Man the fuck up and play your games and stop fishing for activity wins.

Don't fucking tell me you aren't fishing for one because you obviously are. You're a busy man that has to attend meetings and dinners that you suddenly remember you have, no problem. Life comes first. But many people here use these excuses ''I have an appointment at the scheduled time''. ''I have to go to the movies''. ''I made plans with friends''. Nigga don't tell me that these ''plans'' you set take up 24 hours of your day that you can't even make time for a 30 minute game.

Pussies, das what you are.
Damn, I love when people who have no idea what's going on chime in because they feel their opinions are so important that they must be heard. I was literally on for an hour during our scheduled time yesterday waiting to play (while at work, mind you). Then I came on again from 5pm my time until 10pm, just dick in hand waiting around because it wasn't clear whether Livio would be able to come online or if Cryos would be able to get a sub. I'm not fishing for an activity win, I want to play this fucking match that I spent time building a team for.

And yes, I work full time M-F and have Friday night dinner plans with a friend after work. If you want I can snapchat your ass to verify since it seems oh so suspicious for someone to have Friday night plans (plans which I'm going to dip out early for, just so I can play this fucking game apparently). I have one hour long gap between meetings today that I can reliably play during, but I already scheduled my OST match for that time and I'm not going to bail on a scheduled time that other people may have rearranged IRL things for. And if you must know, I'm in the process of moving this weekend. You know what that means? No internet. Could I technically find time to hop into a McDonnald's somewhere and bust out my laptop to play a Pokemon match on shitty wifi? Yes. Will I? Fuck no.

I can't believe I have to write my life story on a Pokemon forum to justify why I'm trying to get a match completed at a certain time. As if I'm the bad guy for trying to reschedule a match that my opponent missed while dealing with ambiguous/false shit like "any possibility u can play later" or "we can sub immediately if you'd like."

is Sweepage always autistic like this
No but it's just funny how I can provoke stuff like this whenever I feel bored.

Damn, I love when people who have no idea what's going on chime in because they feel their opinions are so important that they must be heard. I was literally on for an hour during our scheduled time yesterday waiting to play (while at work, mind you). Then I came on again from 5pm my time until 10pm, just dick in hand waiting around because it wasn't clear whether Livio would be able to come online or if Cryos would be able to get a sub. I'm not fishing for an activity win, I want to play this fucking match that I spent time building a team for.

And yes, I work full time M-F and have Friday night dinner plans with a friend after work. If you want I can snapchat your ass to verify since it seems oh so suspicious for someone to have Friday night plans (plans which I'm going to dip out early for, just so I can play this fucking game apparently). I have one hour long gap between meetings today that I can reliably play during, but I already scheduled my OST match for that time and I'm not going to bail on a scheduled time that other people may have rearranged IRL things for. And if you must know, I'm in the process of moving this weekend. You know what that means? No internet. Could I technically find time to hop into a McDonnald's somewhere and bust out my laptop to play a Pokemon match on shitty wifi? Yes. Will I? Fuck no.

I can't believe I have to write my life story on a Pokemon forum to justify why I'm trying to get a match completed at a certain time. As if I'm the bad guy for trying to reschedule a match that my opponent missed while dealing with ambiguous/false shit like "any possibility u can play later" or "we can sub immediately if you'd like."

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Replays uploading might be currently disabled, but let's not forget we have an option to download them as html files nowadays (top right).

Here is an example: kingler vs. Starmaster http://puu.sh/nuHSG/7ec4658d7c.html

While the replays are down, download every SPL battles manually and post them in this thread. I'll work out a way to upload them all somewhere once the replay server is back up (so I can do all of them at once). By the way, since the files are in the html format, you won't need to download them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)