Media One Piece (spoilers!)

I just want to say that Jack has revived my interest in the series. The villains so far post time skip have been mediocre and booring. Hodi was a weakling that posed 0 threat even after Odas 100+ nerfs. Kaisar is also extremely weak and the danger never seemed real. DD was the worst of the three. Luffys anger toward him felt forced and the reason to kick his ass never seemed natural. DD just never even felt like a bad guy. Maybe it felt too much like alabasta. Not only that but the focus on the SHs made me forget why pirates are bad. Something that Oda wanted to make sure we remembered in FI. So while i kept reading my interest waned.

Jack though is amazing and the best character in a while. His stupidity and anger seems real, despite his actions being so ridiculous. He may not have depth or clear motives but is still more interesting than DD. I am actually going to believe a person like him is more real than DD. If Kaido is going to be the same, just a barbarian that wants to destroy shit instead of cartoony villains with plans too complicated for me, i'm all up for it. Even if we already know his plan is a little out there, in the end it boils down to just wanting to destroy shit. So yeah Jack the Drought and Kaido king of the beasts are reviving this series.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
From now on I shall dub thee Zou Country as Bro Country. Holy fucking shit that gave me goosebumps.

In retrospect, I wonder how much Jack was certain that Raizou was hiding there.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, I really loved the last chapter. Maybe it wasn't one of the most notable, but had just the perfect blend of friendship, intrigue, epic, and goofball that define the entire series encapsuled in just 15 some pages.

"All men, are obsessed with Ninjas"

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Based on this image that LB showed me and the fact that Luffy is prophesied to destroy Fishman Island (located below Mariejois), I think it is somewhat likely that Mariejois was built on top of Raftel in order to hide/protect whatever is found there. There's also this: "According to Donquixote Doflamingo, there exists a "national treasure" somewhere in Mariejois that only the World Nobles know of, and if its existence was revealed to the public, it would throw the world into chaos." Even if Mariejois doesn't end up being Raftel or anything close, we're definitely going to be journeying there sometime in the future.

I also sorta find it funny that you technically only need 3 of the poneglyph locations to triangulate Raftel, but we're probably gonna have to collect all 4 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for a chapter like this. Now we know what the roles of the samurais are in the story and how it all ties with the yonko and even better there is connection with finding One Piece. There is so much going on xD

When was the last time One Piece was even mentioned was it when White Beard said it is real?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oda feels like he's upping the pace of One Piece. We have two arcs where they get the other Reds, another arc of finding the fourth, going to it, and then final battle and then the final final battle (Blackbeard). Most likely the fourth is with the Revs so we get that as an arc. At this point OP could be done within three or four years.

It seems like every island is an arc and every arc takes like a year, so i still see 7-10 years left of OP at this pace. It's been what like 4 years since the crew got back together and what they've only been to 3 new world islands? Still a long way to go.

Also nerd in the previous page, isn't Reverie held on Mareiojis? That's probably going to be a big deal.

really hoping luffy leaves right as jack arrives so zoro has a real fucking fight
There is no way zoro is on Jack level, the man is worth a billion beri.

I also doubt Luffy will be able to beat Kaido in a fair 1v1 fight, he'll more than likely get a significant amount of help in that fight.

Speaking of Luffy's power, now that we're closer than we've ever been before to finding the One Piece, I don't think there is enough time left in the storyline for another timeskip, as the Race to the Finish Line is just beginning. This means that Luffy must already be able to beat most characters we've encountered before, that he's most likely on a higher level than Big Mom, and potentially already well into the development of Gear Fifth (with him not going into it vs Doffy due to the Bird Cage time restraints), and leaving it quite likely that he has far, far more up his sleeve than what we've seen so far. Who knows, maybe he even has enough to prove me wrong and beat Kaido by himself..?

Why would you think Luffy is stronger than big mom? Why would you assume shes weaker than Kaido? Luffys' gear 4th was strong enough to turn Flamingo into fodder so it should be strong enough to fight the Yonkous. Luffy was not stronger than Enel, Crocodile or Lucci in those fights and he wasn't stronger than them even after beating them.

The same should happen against the Yonkous and Akainu. Lots of luck and he'll beat them through will power. That won't make him stronger than any of them. He also doesn't need any power ups until the final fight against Blackbeard.

Also Zoro hasn't been challenged in any meaningful way since the TS and he may have been able to defeat DD by himself(let's not forget that DD wasn't all that powerful anyway as Law never fought him 1on1 fairly). And i think he could beat Jack right now in sort of like a mr 1 kind of way.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Huh, anyone besides me notice that Wano is in basically the OPPOSITE position that actual Japan was in?

In Japan, there was indeed a rebel uprising against the Shogun regarding Kaikoku (opening the country), but the sides were the opposite.

While the Shogunate was not thrilled, it lead Japan in taking the decision to open the country-- believing Japan would be otherwise invaded and conquered by foreign force, as China and India had basically been.

Many rebellious territories and factions espoused "Sonno Joi" (Revere the emperor, throw out the barbarians), and riled against the Shogun's decision to open the country.

I'm sure it's not a switcheroo just for the sake of it, but Oda's choice here is interesting.

Probably on purpose because the leaders on these arcs have all been noble and clearly the good ones(the neptune family, vivis family, beccas family). It would've been the same as all those arcs of the helpless but kind sovereign family being screwed over by a pirate. At least this time the ruler is an asshole like wapol, as far as we know.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
early chapter alert!!!

pros of this chapter: so much great info, we'll see some nami/chopper/brooke time coming up (along with the "year of sanji") and action coming next chapter
cons: break next week :(

Very good chapter, a lot of people were wondering where whitebeard jr is, and with the potential reappearence of a certain mythical zoan on the horizon, we may get that answer soon. The 'payback' war sounds hype as hell too, I'd love to get a flashback of that at some point..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)