Gen 5 BW ULT (Unofficial Ladder Tour) Cycle 1

approved by Sweep (I think)

THE BW2 UBERS UNOFFICIAL LADDER TOUR

kyogdon.jpg

Traditionally, the ladder has been the subject of (probably unwarranted) ridicule from tour players and mediocre sycophants alike. In fact, the ladder has earned such a stigma that many players avoid altogether, despite the fact that it is the easiest source for battles. As such, the object of this Ladder Tour is to a) revive and improve the BW Ubers ladder and b) give all you no-lifers something to do when UPL and seasonals are over.

So here's how the tour is going to work. It is largely modeled after BKC's DPP Ladder Tour (which can be found here). Basically, players will create fresh alts, post said alts in the thread, and ladder on the Pokemon Showdown BW2 Ubers ladder. The top 4 from each cycle (so 8 players in total) will then play in a 8-man tournament.

1. The qualification for the UULT will run for a total of 14 days (two 7-day cycles). This is to ensure maximum activity, as from prior experience I know that players usually lose interest after three weeks or so. After each 7-day cycle, the top four accounts that appear on the leaderboard (based on ELO) at the END OF THE CYCLE with the sign-up criteria explained in #2 will qualify for the playoffs of the ULT. Qualifiers will be seeded based on ELO, so a qualifier who qualified with a rank of 1700 will be seeded higher than a qualifier who qualified with an ELO of 1600. You will create new alts for each cycle, so if I use ULT1 Ogasian for the first cycle, I cannot reuse that alt for the second cycle.

2. To sign up, simply post in the thread your desired alt. However, this alt must carry the prefix ULTX, with X being the ladder cycle number. For example, my alt could be ULT1 Ogasian. If you wish to start fresh, simply post again in the thread with your new alt. For instance, if I lose 6 times in a row to March Fires on ULT1 Ogasian, I could post in the thread a new alt ULT1 Pohiscute.

3. Don't cheat, it isn't worth it and it just makes you look dumb to cheat over a fun subforum tour. Only register your account after the cycle has begun, not before. The cycle will start at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, March 6th and will end on Sunday, March 13th at 11:59 PM EST. I will be taking a screenshot of the ladder EXACTLY as it stands at 11:59 PM EST March 13th to determine the qualifiers.

4. Regarding the playoffs, it will be an 8-man, best of 3, single elimination tournament.

Good luck guys! If you have a good game, feel free to share it in the thread. This obviously isn't anything too serious, so please no unnecessary salt / drama.

Edit: Okay since some people want to preserve anonymity Im allowing you scrubs to post your alt after the cycle ends

Last edited:
ULT1 0kay0kay

Edit: I accidentally started laddering before we were allowed with my first alt so yeah sorry about that. I'm just gonna use this new alt instead.

Edit 2: alright i've made a bunch of alts so depending on which one gets the highest i'm gonna post that one here.

Last edited:
ok it is 11:17 pm at the time of this post
i might fall asleep before 11:59 so im just gonna start the cycle now

hf u all n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)